AFC West about to get real?

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

We shall see. Mahomes is amazing for sure but I dont think he is head and shoulders above the other top 5 guys. Im not sure his is the #1 guy if playing on a different team. Take Kelce away and that would diminish the results.

That's a concern and I think the Chiefs are playing with fire not having a decent backup for Kelce.  There's still nightmares about a playoff game that the Chiefs were dominating until Kelce went down just before half. 

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

That's a concern and I think the Chiefs are playing with fire not having a decent backup for Kelce.  There's still nightmares about a playoff game that the Chiefs were dominating until Kelce went down just before half. 

Sure:  Yet how many decent TE are even starting in the NFL?  May be easier said than done. An average TE will be a huge drop off for KC just as a backup QB would be. Kelce is like Mahomes at his position.

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Sure:  Yet how many decent TE are even starting in the NFL?  May be easier said than done. An average TE will be a huge drop off for KC just as a backup QB would be. Kelce is like Mahomes at his position.

Of course there would be a drop off without Kelce, but that's different from having no one.  The Chiefs need a #2 TE

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Of course there would be a drop off without Kelce, but that's different from having no one.  The Chiefs need a #2 TE

They do have some. The question is , is there anyone available better than what they already have? Maybe Veach can find another gem in the undrafted pool? 

9 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

They do have some. The question is , is there anyone available better than what they already have? Maybe Veach can find another gem in the undrafted pool? 

There is no one on the roster who could replace Kelce even at a lower level.  Bevin and Trimble are the two most often mentioned and both should be available late second at worst.  There's another who is projected early second but is probably out of reach for Veach.  

40 minutes ago, jetlord said:

There is no one on the roster who could replace Kelce even at a lower level.  Bevin and Trimble are the two most often mentioned and both should be available late second at worst.  There's another who is projected early second but is probably out of reach for Veach.  

Freiermuth.  Yeah he's probably gone.  Hunter Long from BC another option.

4 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

We shall see. Mahomes is amazing for sure but I dont think he is head and shoulders above the other top 5 guys. Im not sure his is the #1 guy if playing on a different team. Take Kelce away and that would diminish the results.

This absurd.  Is kelce good?  Yes he is, but this post is diminishing what Mahomes is with his ability.  It’s true that if you remove a talented player they are difficult to replace, Mahomes without Kelce would still be Mahomes.  A qb like Mahomes is irreplaceable, skill positions otherwise like receiver and tight end are not.  

1 minute ago, moons314 said:

This absurd.  Is kelce good?  Yes he is, but this post is diminishing what Mahomes is with his ability.  It’s true that if you remove a talented player they are difficult to replace, Mahomes without Kelce would still be Mahomes.  A qb like Mahomes is irreplaceable, skill positions otherwise like receiver and tight end are not.  

The point is his #s would drop off without Kelce. I think Mahomes is fantastic. There are several other QBs equally fantastic. Just my absurd opinion.

11 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Tremble is known as an excellent blocker but what about offensive production? He has potential and the athleticism....but he would arrive in camp with the dreaded "P Word" (project) stamped on his resume. 

Per AP for what its worth.

Matt, Pick #63: With the later second-round pick — assuming Dyami Brown is off of the board — the biggest upgrade that could change the Chiefs offense in both the running and passing game is my guy: Tommy Tremble. The Chiefs would be getting their version of George Kittle: a nasty blocker with some playmaking upside.

24 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Tremble is known as an excellent blocker but what about offensive production? He has potential and the athleticism....but he would arrive in camp with the dreaded "P Word" (project) stamped on his resume. 

I'm a Domer homer but I think the world of Tremble. He reminds me of a Mark Bavaro.  ND just did not use him well IMHO. but he certainly came up big for them often times. underappreciated was my thinking but I think that coach is a fuktard

Oh don't get me wrong I like Tremble and would not be upset if we drafted him. But that doesn't take away from the fact he is a project. Here is one analyst's take:

Analysis: Tremble displayed flashes of being a complete tight end last season, dominating as a blocker and coming up with big plays as a pass catcher. He’s a tough, athletic, and grind-it-out tight end, with a large upside, but he may need time before he’s truly ready to be a starter at the next level.

Chiefs signed RB Jerick McKinnon, formerly of the 49ers.

McKinnon is yet another receiving weapon to deploy from Kansas City's backfield behind Clyde Edwards-Helaire and Darrel 'The Mentor' Williams. Coach Kyle Shanahan attempted to lean on McKinnon in place of Raheem Mostert and Tevin Coleman at one point last year but that resulted in the 28-year-old getting burnt out for 2.6 YPC over his last 12 games. He'll likely be used as a rotational player on third downs and doesn't offer fantasy value unless either player ahead of him misses time.

24 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Oh don't get me wrong I like Tremble and would not be upset if we drafted him. But that doesn't take away from the fact he is a project. Here is one analyst's take:

Analysis: Tremble displayed flashes of being a complete tight end last season, dominating as a blocker and coming up with big plays as a pass catcher. He’s a tough, athletic, and grind-it-out tight end, with a large upside, but he may need time before he’s truly ready to be a starter at the next level.

He doesn't need to be a perfect TE from day one.  A good blocker who is at least a threat when he goes out is an upgrade over what they have now and if he has upside, he could become a solid #2 and fill in if needed for Kelce.  That's all the Chiefs need from another TE this fall.  Why is Kizer on the team?   

9 minutes ago, jetlord said:

He doesn't need to be a perfect TE from day one.  A good blocker who is at least a threat when he goes out is an upgrade over what they have now and if he has upside, he could become a solid #2 and fill in if needed for Kelce.  That's all the Chiefs need from another TE this fall.  Why is Kizer on the team?   

Again....I like Tremble. Your points are valid. But we can't assume Tremble will be the next George Kittle. Some guys struggle to step up to the NFL level. Some guys wind up in a bad system and are misused. Some guys don't put in the work. Some guys have injury problems. And yes that can be said for any draft pick. 

As for Kizer?....I got nothin'.

2 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Again....I like Tremble. Your points are valid. But we can't assume Tremble will be the next George Kittle. Some guys struggle to step up to the NFL level. Some guys wind up in a bad system and are misused. Some guys don't put in the work. Some guys have injury problems. And yes that can be said for any draft pick. 

As for Kizer?....I got nothin'.

The point is that he doesn't have to be or become George Kittle.  Kittle, two years ago, was considered a top TE.  The Chiefs already have that guy.  They need a back up, a blocker, and another threat in short/medium yardage situations.  They can handle a little development time as needed.