Rodgers to Denver or Raiders

kkuenn

Saw an article on Rodgers wanting Denver or Raiders as his fiancee is originally from Boulder Colorado. 

Man i could see Denver going for it for sure and giving up the 9th pick to do so. Going to be interesting tonight to see the draft.

33 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

i simply cannot understand WHY the Packers are so resistant to ever drafting Offensive help for Rodgers, no surprise that he wants nothing to do with them anymore

Full list of skill position players drafted by GB in the 1st round in the past 18 years (since 2003):

QB Aaron Rodgers

QB Jordan Love 

Aaron Rodgers isn’t getting traded – at least that was the line from Green Bay Packers general manager Brian Gutekunst amid a whirlwind of rumors saying the star quarterback is unhappy with the team.

Gutekunst made the assertion once again Thursday night after the Packers made their first-round selection in the NFL Draft.

"We are not going to trade Aaron Rodgers," Gutekunst said.

Rodgers was the subject of trade rumors in the hours leading up to the first round of the draft. ESPN reported Rodgers was "so disgruntled" with the team and that the Packers offered Rodgers a contract extension but he had yet to accept the deal.

"I’m not going to speak for Aaron, but I think obviously we have a really good team and I do think he’ll play for us again," Gutekunst said. "Like I said, we’re going to work toward that and we’ve been working toward that on a number of different fronts. The value that he adds to our football is really immeasurable, you know what I mean? He brings so much to the table not only as a player but as a leader. He’s so important to his teammates, to his coaches, so yeah, that’s the goal."

The San Francisco 49ers were one of the teams thought to be interested in trading for Rodgers. According to at least one report, the 49ers made an offer to the Packers for Rodgers.

AARON RODGERS 'SO DISGRUNTLED' WITH PACKERS, DOESN'T WANT TO STAY IN GREEN BAY: REPORT

"We inquired and it was a quick end to the conversation," 49ers general manager John Lynch told reporters after the first round. "It wasn’t happening."

San Francisco selected quarterback Trey Lance with the No. 3 pick instead.

Rodgers acknowledged last year he was surprised the Packers selected quarterback Jordan Love in the first round of last year’s draft and that it threw a wrench into his plans of staying in Green Bay for the remainder of his career.

"I certainly look back to last year’s draft and just kind of, maybe some of the communication issues we could have done better," Gutekunst said. "There’s no doubt about it. The draft’s an interesting thing. It can kind of unfold differently than you think it’s going to unfold and it happens pretty fast. But certainly I think looking back on it sitting where we sit today there could have been some communication things we did better."

Rodgers told ESPN earlier this month he was unclear what the future holds and he wasn’t sure "that a lot of that is in my hands."

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

Packers FO could get quite a haul of picks & current players to lessen the pain of trading rodgers. it just seems like that bridge between them cannot be rebuilt

I do find it funny.  On one hand I understand his frustration on the other he has a decent wr corp, a stud running back,  and the best Oline in football.   So while the FO has ignored those things in the first round they've done a heck of a job figuring it out (recently).    Sure picking Jordan Love last year didn't help but it lit a fire under Rodgers and he won an MVP.   Overall both sides are to blame.  Rodgers is whiny and a spoiled brat.   The GB org is operating like its the 1980's.  Kept Mcarthy way to long, and somehow figured out how to waste two back to back hall of famer qb's careers with 2 SB wins.    I know Rodgers can't run the day to day stuff but you owe him a pick here or there.   Love to see it.

31 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Denver fans seem pretty stoked and confident that Rodgers is going to become a Bronco. I pray to God that doesn't happen.

He would be out of his mind to sign with Denver and that shit coaching staff... 

I could see the Raider thing happening, he seems like a good fit for them personality wise.

5 hours ago, BroncoStud said:

He would be out of his mind to sign with Denver and that shit coaching staff... 

I could see the Raider thing happening, he seems like a good fit for them personality wise.

How the hell y'all pass on Justin fields with that QB room?  Smdh

HgW.gif

That defense has DE's coming off injuries and a poor offensive line.  Their Offensive coaching staff isn't nearly as good as GB's and their weapons are very good but he won't have all day to sit back there as he did in GB.  The Broncos will have to offer multiple firsts and a young stud player imo.   They will be a challenge but I'm not worried about them.   Selling the future for a 2 year gap with a diva qb.  I'm guessing it won't end well.

46 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Elway will have to get Rogers to save his job. but I'm not real sure AR is the missing link like Pey Pey was

Elway already lost his GM job.  Denver's real problem is their messed up ownership issue.  Until that gets sorted Elway won't go anywhere.  Bless his donkey heart.

Fangio is not HC material IMO. Combine his lack of ability along with their other shortcomings like Oline issues and Denver is not simply an "Aaron Rodgers" away from winning it all. Manning syndrome is big right now in Colorado. Fueled by the media.