The 2021 Draft Thread

Just now, mex said:

Thumpers are a dime a dozen... where we've been hurt is in coverage

Not thumpers like this.  He can play in space and in coverage.  Mizzou didn't have him doing a lot of the same coverages we do but he's a quick learner.  Really improved in coverage between 2019 and 2020.  A lot of quick zones and a bit of man to man in college.  He can play Sam immediately this year while he learns.  Next year he'll be the starter at Mike.   Did not test well but he is explosive.  

LBs was by far our biggest weakness on D....Veach gets us a guy to pair Gay for years to come!

OL sucked....Veach trades our 1st for a pro bowl young LT and the top center in the draft....plus signs a top 5 guard and brings in a retired all-pro guard.

wow

2 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Ok the center pick is amazing. After passing on wr with these two picks i am not gonna be shocked if something is in the works for julio

That a boy muahaha

2 minutes ago, mex said:

I was hoping for Myers but creed is a keeper 

Creed is the best center for our system by far and its not that close.  His movement is off the charts.  Literally.  He is number one at RAS scores for all centers since 1986.

1 minute ago, xen said:

Not thumpers like this.  He can play in space and in coverage.  Mizzou didn't have him doing a lot of the same coverages we do but he's a quick learner.  Really improved in coverage between 2019 and 2020.  A lot of quick zones and a bit of man to man in college.  He can play Sam immediately this year while he learns.  Next year he'll be the starter at Mike.   Did not test well but he is explosive.  

I’m less concerned about the testing honestly... but what makes me fell good is he’s coming from a very pass heavy conference which means he’s had to be utilized in space quite often... hell how many sec wrs went off the board in the first 30?

Just now, robgar said:

I never thought myers would be off the board before either quinn or creed.. but well what do I know. 

Likely has more to do with how the player fits into the scheme

Just now, robgar said:

I never thought myers would be off the board before either quinn or creed.. but well what do I know. 

I’m surprised Dickerson went so early.  Love his talent but I really thought his medical would of dropped him past the other top centers.

Bolton.

Strengths: Bolton is an explosive, dense athlete who is well built for the linebacker position. He possesses terrific burst when getting downhill and converts that to power well when attacking blockers and ballcarriers. This explosion also translates to his blitzing ability as well. Bolton does well to square up and play behind his pads, and he limits extra yardage from the ball-carrier when tackling. He has good ankle flexion to plant and drive downhill through the gap. He takes terrific angles and doesn’t often end up behind the play. Bolton called fronts for Missouri as the MIKE linebacker and possessed good enough range to play in the middle of the field. He has a high football IQ and communicates adjustments well to his teammates. Bolton has good body control and attacks the proper shoulder of the offensive line to leverage and rip through to where he’s going. His gap control between the tackles is top-notch, and he uses his lateral agility to poke his head in a gap, then cut back to the ball-carrier for a stop.