The 2021 Draft Thread

1 minute ago, robgar said:

if long can get back to any of his old form, Creed is gonna have one hell of a year. 

I hope so because I’m sure Niang will have some bad spots as well.  He is practically a rookie as well.

Bolton

Weaknesses: Bolton’s weaknesses largely revolve around his coverage ability. He wasn’t asked to cover often in man coverage, and he was largely a hook zone dropper in 2020. Bolton needs to sink better in his zone drops when no routes develop underneath him. His route feel is week and he struggled to stay in phase when in man coverage. Bolton overpursues play-action passes and ends up very late to pick up a tight end or running back leaking to his side of the field. He will sometimes load up for the tone-setting hit and whiff against nimble opponents.

How he fits with the Chiefs: Bolton’s build, high football IQ, range and block deconstruction would make him an ideal fit for any of Steve Spagnuolo’s linebacker spots. He would immediately play on base downs next to Anthony Hitchens and Willie Gay Jr. — and could ease into sub-packages as his coverage ability progresses. Going forward, Bolton would be an ideal fit at the MIKE linebacker position, giving them a very athletic pair of linebackers in 2022 and beyond.

That a boy muahaha

Julio scares me, he is on the injury report seemingly every week for about 5 years now, and also i am not a fan of his constant demanding of a new contract a couple seasons after signing a 5 year extension, but i refuse to believe they are going into the season with hardman as the #2. I wouldn’t be totally shocked if they try to sign the corpse of larry fitzgerald at this point

Just now, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Julio scares me, he is on the injury report seemingly every week for about 5 years now, and also i am not a fan of his constant demanding of a new contract a couple seasons after signing a 5 year extension, but i refuse to believe they are going into the season with hardman as the #2. I wouldn’t be totally shocked if they try to sign the corpse of larry fitzgerald at this point

Julio has only missed more than 3 games in a season twice in his career.  That includes last year.

Weaknesses: Humphrey can struggle with angles when pulling or climbing, and he will completely overrun the linebacker or safety in space. He lacks a powerful base, and he doesn’t really drive players off the ball in the running game. Humphrey has some baffling pass protection reps for being the player that calls the fronts, and he will completely miss a blitzer or looping rusher. He doesn’t have the finisher’s mentality that other players in this class do, as too many of his reps he’s just holding on for dear life. Humphrey was blown off the ball in almost every rep he had at center in Mobile and looked poor against a variety of competition levels. He struggles to latch on to the defender and turn him, and players will bounce off of him in the run game to make the tackle a gap away. Humphrey transitions late off his primary block to pick up the looping rusher too often and will end up with a holding penalty.

How he fits with the Chiefs: While Humphrey isn’t a mauler, his movement skill and football IQ should see his name called on day two of the draft. If the Chiefs were looking to pair another good moving offensive lineman with Joe Thuney on the interior, Humphrey could make a lot of sense for the Chiefs. He’ll need to develop his anchor to allow Mahomes to step up into the pocket, but Humphrey has the physical tools and mental processing to be a quality starter in the league.

Strengths: Humphrey has fantastic movement skills for an offensive lineman. He gets out in front of the play effortlessly and has a high motor to keep finding work in space. Humphrey’s wrestling background shows up on the field, as he has good core strength and bend to hold the point of attack. He is a smart player who called protections for Oklahoma for three years. Humphrey is light on his feet, and he shows the ability to mirror the rushers well to keep the defender inside his frame. He is agile and shows a natural ability to stay on his feet when working through defensive linemen and linebackers to keep finding work. Humphrey shifted to guard for some reps at the Senior Bowl and looked a lot more in control of the line of scrimmage than he did in his center reps.

11 minutes ago, xen said:

Julio has only missed more than 3 games in a season twice in his career.  That includes last year.

Thing about Julio is that even when he’s been banged up he plays through it unlike Hammy Watkins that never played.  A limp Julio Jones still would take sooooo much pressure off Hill and Kelce not to mention how our O will look when he is healthy.

Mahomes will have the best Oline he has ever played behind....how’s the time to give him another elite weapon in Julio Jones!  Let’s not Aaron Rodgers our Patrick Mahomes