The 2021 Draft Thread

29 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

They have lots of picks and those last two looked like good prospects. I dont see a reach. Then again what the hell do I know. LOL

Good prospects but way too early on them.

This is definitely the smartest draft by Veach so far. Obviously we never know the production but he focused on the areas of need and took solid prospects instead of flashy positions/guys while doing so. Not sure if Humphrey starts from day one but wouldn't be surprised if he does and Bolton looks like everything Hitchens isn't. If Gay can pick up the defense as well we'll have a nice young duo going forward. 

Gay was picking it up before the tear.  I think the front 7 is going to look much better if Bolton can get up to speed quickly.

Humphrey is such a good fit on this line.  Holy hell we got him, didn't have to trade up to do it and got him with the 2nd choice.

I would have prioritized WR over LB, but the value was there.

What I liked:

Dolphins - They attacked their needs hard

Giants - They have moved around the board well and drafted well.  I thought Robertson was a first round talent and they got him in the 3rd.

Titans - They are filling needs well

Panthers -Same ad Titans

What I did not like:

Rams - They aren't stacked enough to take a thin midget and reach for a linebacker 

Texans - Woof.

WFT - I don't understand what they're trying to do.  Fitz is not a franchise QB.

Cowboys- Jerry needs to go back to drafting at his cocaine layer

Raiders - lmao

5 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

How does the Big IV offensive lineman of the year two years in a row fall to 63? Good value. Same with Bolton, I would say he woukd have been 1st round if not for his size.

Teams look for different things in a prospect and their needs/priorities lead to some unexpected decisions. 

Brown - Thuney - Creed - LDT/Long - Niang. If Brown is extended we could have decent consistency for quite a while, pretty sure Mahomes will love it. I wouldn't be surprised if a guy like Forsythe is the pick in 4th if he lasts until then. Veach showed that he wants to erase the SB line from history. 

8 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

How does the Big IV offensive lineman of the year two years in a row fall to 63? Good value. Same with Bolton, I would say he woukd have been 1st round if not for his size.

Creed fell because he got pushed around at the senior bowl by big DTs.  That's why I would have preferred Meinerz, but trust the Chiefs know what they're doing and how Creed will be used.  Expect him to be the starter from day one with a solid backup in Blythe.  I thought the Chiefs might go for more of a coverage LB than Bolton but he seems to be the future replacement for Hitchens.  It will be interesting to see how he's used this season but it might be mainly in base package while Hitch and Gay are three down LBs.  Better to have a second year player next season than to replace Hitchens with a rookie.  Wonder if the coaching connection with Mizzou had an influence.  

20 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Creed fell because he got pushed around at the senior bowl by big DTs.  That's why I would have preferred Meinerz, but trust the Chiefs know what they're doing and how Creed will be used.  Expect him to be the starter from day one with a solid backup in Blythe.  I thought the Chiefs might go for more of a coverage LB than Bolton but he seems to be the future replacement for Hitchens.  It will be interesting to see how he's used this season but it might be mainly in base package while Hitch and Gay are three down LBs.  Better to have a second year player next season than to replace Hitchens with a rookie.  Wonder if the coaching connection with Mizzou had an influence.  

I’m hoping base downs are Bolton SLB, Hitchens MLB, and Gay WLB.   Otherwise we drafted a guy who doesn’t get Niemann off the field.   

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I’m hoping base downs are Bolton SLB, Hitchens MLB, and Gay WLB.   Otherwise we drafted a guy who doesn’t get Niemann off the field.   

I'm not sure Spags has it in him to trust a rookie in nickel or dime but we'll see.

1 hour ago, xen said:

I'm not sure Spags has it in him to trust a rookie in nickel or dime but we'll see.

Hitchens and Gay this season.   Gay and Bolton next.  Bolton will probably play in the base and be a ST terror.  

1 hour ago, xen said:

After seeing Niemann run around last year, you are absolutely right.  It's also a coaching flaw, one of the very few he has.   This defense is always playing with house money with this team.  I'm kinda surprised we haven't addressed Nieman's role on this team.  It is a glaring weakness!  And then couple that with him being on the field with Sorensen at the same time a good bit our defense really suffers.   Hoping we take JaCoby Stevens with our last pick to groom for Sorensen's replacement.