The 2021 Draft Thread

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

Gotta move over from the left side, but that's the hope.  

https://www.chiefs.com/news/five-things-to-know-about-new-chiefs-guard-trey-smith

Over 500 snaps at RG in college.  He has played on the right side.  

If health is good he could push to start RG in year one.  He was in phenomenal shape for his pro day. Trimmed down to 321 lbs. Ran a 5.1. And had good lateral numbers too

7.43 3 cone

4.82 shuttle

31" vertical

There was some talk he could play tackle even.  

https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1021948&DraftYear=2021

11 minutes ago, Palangi said:

https://www.chiefs.com/news/five-things-to-know-about-new-chiefs-guard-trey-smith

Over 500 snaps at RG in college.  He has played on the right side.  

If health is good he could push to start RG in year one.  He was in phenomenal shape for his pro day. Trimmed down to 321 lbs. Ran a 5.1. And had good lateral numbers too

7.43 3 cone

4.82 shuttle

31" vertical

There was some talk he could play tackle even.  

https://draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1021948&DraftYear=2021

No doubt him sliding will light a fire under him.   That pick was like the cherry on the oline cake.   Veach wasn't playing around this offseaon.  He talked some of the previous guys up in the media and then took them behind the woodshed and did them dirty!

On 4/30/2021 at 6:16 PM, xen said:

Defense gonna get some attitude and leadership in the LB room with Bolton.  

Him and gay are going to be our Tampa clones. Those Tampa backers won the super bowl 

34 minutes ago, robgar said:

guys remember if Niang hadnt had hip surgery, hes probably a first round pick as well.. 

Niang and Smith and creed thuney and orlando .. could very well be our oline for quite a while. 

If that happens we probably won't have to worry about the OL for at least the next 3 years assuming Brown is extended and it could go even further with such a young group. The first guy that would be replaced is Thuney who could easily play out his contract. 

I don't know much about the draft, but I like that we're getting guys from Mizzu & OU. In the past it always seemed like other teams were snatching these guys up and I wondered why the Chiefs didn't get them since they were close to the area sort of. I'm glad they drafted some o line, really happy about that.

45 minutes ago, qnet said:

I don't know much about the draft, but I like that we're getting guys from Mizzu & OU. In the past it always seemed like other teams were snatching these guys up and I wondered why the Chiefs didn't get them since they were close to the area sort of. I'm glad they drafted some o line, really happy about that.

Yeah, the Chiefs should have drafted Tony Temple.  Wilkie would have gone crazy.  Also could have ride shared to domestic violence  rehab meetings with Hill.  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Yeah, the Chiefs should have drafted Tony Temple.  Wilkie would have gone crazy.  Also could have ride shared to domestic violence  rehab meetings with Hill.  

Yeah, I guess Aldon Smith went crazy also. 

• 7 months later...

3 hours ago, xen said:

Consider that Thursday was his first extensive action in coverage.

That's why I inserted the word "yet".  He wasn't asked to cover at Mizzou and may become good at it.  I don't think he's really there now although his performance Thursday was impressive 

50 minutes ago, jetlord said:

That's why I inserted the word "yet".  He wasn't asked to cover at Mizzou and may become good at it.  I don't think he's really there now although his performance Thursday was impressive 

He covered at mizzou but just was a lot of hook and curl zone.