Who do you want day two?

Just for grins, assume that the following are on the board at #58.  Your move is?????????????

Dyami Brown

Jabril Cox

Quinn Meinerz

Tommy Tremble

Perkins

Bevin Jordon

A.  Do you attempt to move back just enough to get a late third or early fourth and hope to still get two of the above with #63 and the traded into pick? 

B.  Take two at 58 and 63? 

C.  Pick someone else? 

D.  Doesn't matter, Veach has already traded those picks away?  

E.   Draft the best long snapper available:?

Please add more choices that can reasonably have a chance to be on the board when the Chiefs pick.

*note to Balto:  Trading Hardman to ATL for Julio isn't the question here.  

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Just for grins, assume that the following are on the board at #58.  Your move is?????????????

Dyami Brown

Jabril Cox

Quinn Meinerz

Tommy Tremble

Perkins

Bevin Jordon

A.  Do you attempt to move back just enough to get a late third or early fourth and hope to still get two of the above with #63 and the traded into pick? 

B.  Take two at 58 and 63? 

C.  Pick someone else? 

D.  Doesn't matter, Veach has already traded those picks away?  

E.   Draft the best long snapper available:?

Please add more choices that can reasonably have a chance to be on the board when the Chiefs pick.

*note to Balto:  Trading Hardman to ATL for Julio isn't the question here.  

I'd be fine with Meinerz+Perkins with our 2nd round picks.  I also really like Pete Werner, LB!!!! or even take Meinerz and say Dickerson to have our interior OL wrapped up for years!  I'd let Meinerz and Dickerson try both spots and let coaches determine which plays which.

OH we can't forget about trading Hardman+2022 2nd for Julio tonight either!  Once that happens we should look at a guy like Anthony Shwartz, WR to replace what Hardman does on special teams/snaps when we had a healthy Watkins(now replaced by Julio!!!).

37 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Does KC take a chance on this guy? First year is a semi learning year in this offense. Big upside with health issues too.

Terrace Marshall Jr.

Probably have to trade up for him.  Rather have a healthy Brown and keep the picks.  

I realize this is kinda off-topic but Reid  in Philly was always known to draft QBs in the later rounds, get them trained up and then flip them for draft picks later. He seems to have reeled that in since he has been in KC. I know that Henne saved the day for us in the playoffs and Moore did some nice things the year before but I've been kind of hoping we'd get a younger guy who is more of the dynamic QB that Mahomes is. It seems to me we should try to find someone who can at least try to mirror some of Patrick's skill set so Reid doesn't have to radically change the offense if he goes down a game or two. I heard that Veach said every position is open in this year's draft except QB but I really don't know why. I'm not saying day #2, but maybe a 6th or 7th rounder? 

4 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

I realize this is kinda off-topic but Reid  in Philly was always known to draft QBs in the later rounds, get them trained up and then flip them for draft picks later. He seems to have reeled that in since he has been in KC. I know that Henne saved the day for us in the playoffs and Moore did some nice things the year before but I've been kind of hoping we'd get a younger guy who is more of the dynamic QB that Mahomes is. It seems to me we should try to find someone who can at least try to mirror some of Patrick's skill set so Reid doesn't have to radically change the offense if he goes down a game or two. I heard that Veach said every position is open in this year's draft except QB but I really don't know why. I'm not saying day #2, but maybe a 6th or 7th rounder? 

It might be hard to draft and develop a back up QB.  The rookie isn't going to get many meaningful snaps and so wouldn't be the guy you want to bring in in the fourth quarter of a playoff game.  Safer to get an experienced QB that never made it big but is solid like they did with Daniels, Foles, Henne, and Moore.  Tyler Bray was here about three years and we wouldn't want playoff hopes resting on him.

13 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

Shit I watched some of Tremble on YouTube and now I'm going to be bummed if we don't get him. Haven't watched anyone, wasn't going to do it tell we drafted someone and I caved.

You added good KARMA to KC chances of landing him. Yes 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

It might be hard to draft and develop a back up QB.  The rookie isn't going to get many meaningful snaps and so wouldn't be the guy you want to bring in in the fourth quarter of a playoff game.  Safer to get an experienced QB that never made it big but is solid like they did with Daniels, Foles, Henne, and Moore.  Tyler Bray was here about three years and we wouldn't want playoff hopes resting on him.

It generally only takes one good game in the regular season and our backups have played 3 games combined the last two years.   If you could train one up there might be a window to showcase your talents and with this roster it wouldn't be terribly hard to do.   Then let desperate teams come calling.

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Does KC take a chance on this guy? First year is a semi learning year in this offense. Big upside with health issues too.

Terrace Marshall Jr.

If he falls to us that would be my number one receiver target.  Being Joe Delaney's great nephew is a bonus.  I think he brings a lot that our current receivers don't.

Veach sure didn't sound like he's going WR on day 2 but if this guy falls, you have to consider it.

2 minutes ago, xen said:

If he falls to us that would be my number one receiver target.  Being Joe Delaney's great nephew is a bonus.  I think he brings a lot that our current receivers don't.

Veach sure didn't sound like he's going WR on day 2 but if this guy falls, you have to consider it.

The Chiefs also talked about inhouse options to fill holes and talked about Eric Fisher and Schwartz before cutting both and going beserk in FA trying to sign OL.   Hard to believe anything he says about the Chiefs other than liking tackles with long arms.  

I want OC and WR in the 2nd

I feel they will go OC and LB    or   LB  and S

13 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

The Chiefs also talked about inhouse options to fill holes and talked about Eric Fisher and Schwartz before cutting both and going beserk in FA trying to sign OL.   Hard to believe anything he says about the Chiefs other than liking tackles with long arms.  

I want OC and WR in the 2nd

I feel they will go OC and LB    or   LB  and S

ya dun good