Day Three Draft

Chiefs draft picks 2021: When does Kansas City pick?

• Round 2, Pick No. 58: Nick Bolton, LB, Missouri
  • Round 2, Pick No. 63: Creed Humphrey, C, Oklahoma
  • Round 4, Pick No. 144
  • Round 5, Pick No. 175
  • Round 5, Pick No. 181
  • Round 6, Pick No. 207

What’s the DE landscape look like for us. 
Any FA? I think Houston is there. 
Draft : even if we do draft someone could they be a day 1 starter? 
do we habe anyone in house that could play that position.  Danna? Wharton? 
I’d like to defense as well in day 3 but concerned about DE position. 

Just now, Holmes4six! said:

Ingram is a real possibility 

With all the picks before the Chiefs pick again, it's impossible to guess who might be available in rounds four and five.  The top needs are WR and Edge followed by TE, CB, and S.  If each stays true to form, he'll move up to grab some target earlier in the round.  Some who should be available at #144 (39 picks away) are WR Simi Fehoko and Cornell Powell, Edges Rumph and Robinson, and TE Briley Moore from KSU.  Not sure any of them are on the KC radar.  I'd like Fehoko and Robinson. 

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

With all the picks before the Chiefs pick again, it's impossible to guess who might be available in rounds four and five.  The top needs are WR and Edge followed by TE, CB, and S.  If each stays true to form, he'll move up to grab some target earlier in the round.  Some who should be available at #144 (39 picks away) are WR Simi Fehoko and Cornell Powell, Edges Rumph and Robinson, and TE Briley Moore from KSU.  Not sure any of them are on the KC radar.  I'd like Fehoko and Robinson. 

I like this 

13 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

with Indy drafting 2 Edges, Houston has to think he is not going back there

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Good observation. I would love to see Houston back with KC

Did Houston and KC burn the bridge when he left?  Ingram is still out there and unless some team offers a longer deal, he may be brought in. 

5 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Seems to me that Reid does not burn bridges. Houston may want a SB ring. 

People change and time heals.  I just thought Houston left on a sour note.  Anything left in the tank?

I'd also look at Shaka Toney at Edge, but Xen said, "No."

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Did Houston and KC burn the bridge when he left?  Ingram is still out there and unless some team offers a longer deal, he may be brought in. 

I know you have referred to some sort of conflict in regards to  the Chiefs vs Houston. I searched and searched for some type of evidence that backs that thought up and I just cant find any

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

People change and time heals.  I just thought Houston left on a sour note.  Anything left in the tank?

He had a good season last year 

Others available: Everson Griffen (Lions), Trent Murphy (Bills)

Colts seem to be moving on from DE Justin Houston

Kevin Hickey
Sat, May 1, 2021, 9:23 AM·1 min read

After using their first two selections in the 2021 NFL draft on pass rushers, the Indianapolis Colts seem to be moving on from veteran defensive end Justin Houston.

During his presser Friday night after the Colts selected Dayo Odeyingbo with the No. 54 overall pick, general manager Chris Ballard said the team is likely moving on from the 32-year-old.

“We have a pretty full room. I love Justin (Houston) but we have a pretty full room at this time,” Ballard told the media.

This doesn’t come as much of a surprise. The Colts were still keeping tabs on Houston after he took a visit with the Baltimore Ravens but with the two rookies coming in, the Colts have no need to bring him back.

The Colts used their first-round pick on Kwity Paye, a move that was met with immediate praise. With Odeyingbo now there as well, the Colts will be needing to see their young pass rushers along with Kemoko Turay, Ben Banogu and Tyquan Lewis work in bigger roles.

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

I know you have referred to some sort of conflict in regards to  the Chiefs vs Houston. I searched and searched for some type of evidence that backs that thought up and I just cant find any

No real evidence, just hearsay and talking heads so take it for what that's worth which is near nothing.  Hope I'm wrong. 

The Baltimore Ravens had pass rusher Justin Houston in for a visit on Wednesday as the two parties learned a bit more about each other and what they’d be looking for. Houston would fill an immediate need at edge rusher, while also bringing veteran leadership to an outside linebacker group that includes Tyus Bowser and Jaylon Ferguson.

While the visit lasted for most of Wednesday, it was reported by Jeff Zrebiec of The Athletic that Houston has left Baltimore without a deal.

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

He had a good season last year 

Others available: Everson Griffen (Lions), Trent Murphy (Bills)

I’d like to see  Kerrigan. 
we currently have 4 - DE on the roster. Danna is one of them. I think he played well this past year with limited snaps.