Day Three Draft

1 minute ago, Holmes4six! said:

He was available last year as well. Not sure why chiefs didn’t take a shot at him then. Injuries perhaps. 
KJ wright would be nice but he is goi f to demand $ 

KC has some to spend. Why not defense?

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Because there's a hole where Sammy played (part time).  Do we really trust Pringle to be the full time "X"?  

Sammy was of no value last year and 14-2. He was missing in action. Not hard to replace his #s. I think a free agent WR will be available. Chiefs have some cap room and could ad edge & wr in free agency.

The presence of Antonio Callaway could have kept the Chiefs from taking a round two wideout.

The Chiefs inked Callaway to an NFL futures contract in January, and the team has been pretty hush-hush around his progress. Callaway’s ceiling is markedly higher than that of Robinson or Pringle, and his skill set matches Watkins more than Hardman’s does.

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Because there's a hole where Sammy played (part time).  Do we really trust Pringle to be the full time "X"?  

True. But I don’t think a drafted WR is going be any better than Pringle. Maybe I’m wrong. 
The thing with Sammy was he did scare the defense and therefore without replacing him with a household name it won’t be the same. 
I don’t disagree to draft a WR. 
Another TE would be nice as well. Forston being trained for TE will help. 

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

Sammy was of no value last year and 14-2. He was missing in action. Not hard to replace his #s. I think a free agent WR will be available. Chiefs have some cap room and could ad edge & wr in free agency.

Not claiming Sammy was essential, just that the offense needs another option besides Hill and Kelce.  My preference would be a bigger receiver who can fight for the ball over the middle.  

1 minute ago, Holmes4six! said:

True. But I don’t think a drafted WR is going be any better than Pringle. Maybe I’m wrong. 
The thing with Sammy was he did scare the defense and therefore without replacing him with a household name it won’t be the same. 
I don’t disagree to draft a WR. 
Another TE would be nice as well. Forston being trained for TE will help. 

The Fortson experiment has about run its course.  Not sure why he never got a better chance and maybe it will work out this season.

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Not claiming Sammy was essential, just that the offense needs another option besides Hill and Kelce.  My preference would be a bigger receiver who can fight for the ball over the middle.  

Yes. The fact Mahomes will have time to throw, CH can now be a factor running and receiving, changes the urgency. I think the guys on the roster are more than enough. Maybe ad Fitzgerald

Just now, AFCWEST said:

Yes. The fact Mahomes will have time to throw, CH can now be a factor running and receiving, changes the urgency. I think the guys on the roster are more than enough. Maybe ad Fitzgerald

Wouldn’t mind Fitz

Callaway played at Florida, and was a teammate of Robinson’s in 2015. Originally a 4th round selection by John Dorsey while he was the general manager for the Cleveland Browns, Callaway has excellent athleticism and ball skills. He is 5’11” and 200 lbs. He also boasts a 4.4 second time in the 40-yard dash and is explosive in the open field. His ability to generate yards after the catch is superb. He is absolutely capable of being a starting wide receiver in the NFL, and it’s important to remember that Veach just singled him out when talking about WR options before the draft.

The only reason Callaway has struggled to stay on a roster is his character concerns; the former Florida Gator has failed multiple drug tests in college and in the pros. Now 24 years old, Callaway gets a fresh start in Kansas City and has the tools to blossom into the player the Chiefs need, if he has matured as a young adult.

A reclamation project with outstanding athleticism and low expectations can make for a great combination. The Chiefs may have other plans at the position, but the cupboard is not bare.

4 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

I maybe shot for Saying this but if hardman can get his head out of his ass we maybe okay. Along with the callaway signing. 
We will need big targets underneath with defenses playing deep. That’s why to me a TE is more crucial. 

Hardman made some mistakes yes. Lots of people think if you get a finger on a PM pass it should be caught. PM missed Hardman several time wide open. Loss of offseason hurt guys like Hardman. He needed the extra work. I think he has a banner year this season.

17 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Tylan Wallace, Jabril Cox,  Brevin Jordan,  Rashad Weaver, Amon Ra St Brown.   Dang some good value available .  Mine up and grab one Veach!

Cox, Jordan, and St. Brown could all contribute this year.  Cox would be an immediate upgrade over Neiman as a cover LB, Jordan should be the instant #2 TE, and St. Brown might have an impact even if a limited route tree while he learns Andy's offense.  How far would Veach have to move up to grab one of them?

4. Janoris Robinson DE FSU- a Spaggs type DE.

5. Jacob Harris TE central Florida- a hold up WR that transitions to TE 6'5" 230

5. TJ Vasher WR Texas tech- a high ceiling WR with off field concerns.  But hopefully our locker room can straighten that out. 

6. Chris Wilcox DB BYU - a CB that has safety size.  Can be developed as a Sorenson replacement or a long corner.  Ran a 4.39

16 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Who is your most likely available? 

I'm shocked to see any of them here now except Rashad Weaver.    Gotta think OL is off the board with the slew of IOL on this team, right?   So which position is the most important at this point?    DE, Coverage LB, WR, S, TE2.   So kinda what you said about defense.    DE is probably best filled in FA.  So coverage LB, S, TE2, WR here?  Would love to get Niemann off the field and cut down on Sorensens snaps so maybe trade up for Jabril Cox?  We would have to trade up for him. 

Rashad Weaver, Jordan Smith, Hamsah N. FSU, Daelin Hayes, Elerson Smith, Caden Sterns, Ar'Darius W, Jamar Johnson, R. Rochell, and Quincy Roche will probably be available when we pick on the defensive side of the ball.  

Seth Williams, Semi Fehoko, Cornell Powell, and Tamorrion Terry on O.  

I have no idea.  I think I might try and trade up for Jabril Cox or Brevin Jordan.  

27 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Hardman made some mistakes yes. Lots of people think if you get a finger on a PM pass it should be caught. PM missed Hardman several time wide open. Loss of offseason hurt guys like Hardman. He needed the extra work. I think he has a banner year this season.

I hope you are right.   I think there is frustration about his development, but like you said weird offseason last year.  Do you agree this is a make or break year for Hardman?  Meaning he has to show consider development this year?   I have no problems with him as a gadget player but I personally don't think he will ever be a #2.   I hope he proves me wrong, because I'd love to eat that crow!

Just now, Lamardirts said:

I hope you are right.   I think there is frustration about his development, but like you said weird offseason last year.  Do you agree this is a make or break year for Hardman?  Meaning he has to show consider development this year?   I have no problems with him as a gadget player but I personally don't think he will ever be a #2.   I hope he proves me wrong, because I'd love to eat that crow!

I agree. Time for Hardman to be consistent. Mahomes having a little extra time and CEH out of the back field should open things up for Hardman on slants etc. Teams  do fear Hardman & Hill on the field at the same time. I dont think he is a gadget player. This is his breakout year. 

The more I think about it.  Veach completely overhauled the oline.  I think he should make the move for Cox.  Get both position groups overhauled in one offseason.  The LB corp next year will be super cheap, tough, fast and ferocious.   The weakest link on this team is Ben Niemann.   I don't care if one of the guys we drafted sits a bit this year on D.  Next year it would be Gay, Bolton, Cox.....

I'd like for Veach to be aggressive here.  Trade our 4th and 5th and move up for Cox and then our 5th and a pick next year for a WR/TE.  

1 minute ago, AFCWEST said:

I agree. Time for Hardman to be consistent. Mahomes having a little extra time and CEH out of the back field should open things up for Hardman on slants etc. Teams  do fear Hardman & Hill on the field at the same time. I dont think he is a gadget player. This is his breakout year. 

I think he's heard the noise.  Should be motivated to prove many of us wrong.  It would be a huge bonus for this team!  

17 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I'm shocked to see any of them here now except Rashad Weaver.    Gotta think OL is off the board with the slew of IOL on this team, right?   So which position is the most important at this point?    DE, Coverage LB, WR, S, TE2.   So kinda what you said about defense.    DE is probably best filled in FA.  So coverage LB, S, TE2, WR here?  Would love to get Niemann off the field and cut down on Sorensens snaps so maybe trade up for Jabril Cox?  We would have to trade up for him. 

Rashad Weaver, Jordan Smith, Hamsah N. FSU, Daelin Hayes, Elerson Smith, Caden Sterns, Ar'Darius W, Jamar Johnson, R. Rochell, and Quincy Roche will probably be available when we pick on the defensive side of the ball.  

Seth Williams, Semi Fehoko, Cornell Powell, and Tamorrion Terry on O.  

I have no idea.  I think I might try and trade up for Jabril Cox or Brevin Jordan.  

So how far up in the fourth could the Chiefs move up using one of the fifths?   Veach showed unusual patience waiting for the draft to come to him last night and got two early second values for it.