Day Three Draft

Noah Grey

By Lance Zierlein
NFL Analyst
Draft Projection
Rounds 5-6
Overview
Gray understands leverage and how to create some tilt in coverage but doesn't have play speed or separation burst to do enough with it. While he's not going to have the size or strength to block defenders when firing off the ball, he has enough athleticism and grit to offer some assistance as a move blocker from the slot or wing position. He has late-round potential and could find a team fit as a TE3/4.

7 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Oof, we traded up and we're on the clock.  I had hoped we wouldn't trade up at all.

seems maybe the Chiefs realized n these later rounds siting on your thumbs does not get you the players  you wanted..

6 minutes ago, robgar said:

well moving up for the cost of swapping 6th round picks.. isnt exactly expensive. we swapped fifths, and sixths.. at least thats how I understand it. 

I'm okay with it after learning it's an even number of picks and the value is pretty even. 

1 minute ago, xen said:

Not Bell.  But probably pushes Keizer off the roster.

That's great news then.  I figured Bell was pretty locked being he is mainly a blocking TE but didn't know.   I like this draft so far.  Still a ton of Safeties and WR's left.   Looks like Veach is playing this perfectly.  

Gray had 29 catches for 285 yards and 2 touchdowns last season at Duke, a drop-off in production after putting up 51 catches and 392 yards during his junior season. He’s a well-rounded prospect with solid hands and intelligence who was also a team captain for the Blue Devils.

Kent: This is a swing on an elite athletic profile — and a highly regarded pedigree. Kaindoh was once a five-star, top-five college recruit. He has yet to put it all together, but his ceiling is immense. This late in the draft, it's a worthy swing — and he’s a good fit for Steve Spagnuolo.

Grade: B+

Craig: Kaindoh checks all the boxes for a Steve Spagnuolo defensive end. He has size, length and strength. However, he’s not rigid or slow — like some other heavy defensive ends. Instead, he has fluid hips and good burst off the edge. He was a highly recruited player out of high school but didn’t have good production at Florida State. So he’ll likely take some time to develop at the NFL level. That said, it’s hard to argue against a high-upside Day 3 pick.

Grade: B+