oline: Who does KC Trade or Cut?

15 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Last I counted there were enough for two teams. Maybe some traded for picks? Nice problem to have.

LDT on the bubble?

Brown, Thuney, Long, Blythe, FAs  Niang, LDT, returnees.  Humphreys, Smith, draftees. All those players not on the SB roster.  If there's any trade value for Wylie, Rankin, Durant, or LDT the Chiefs should try to get a seventh for one of them.  Eight new guys means there's room for one or two more at most.  Assuming Remmers is the swing, that leaves one more of the four others from last year 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Brown, Thuney, Long, Blythe, FAs  Niang, LDT, returnees.  Humphreys, Smith, draftees. All those players not on the SB roster.  If there's any trade value for Wylie, Rankin, Durant, or LDT the Chiefs should try to get a seventh for one of them.  Eight new guys means there's room for one or two more at most.  

I dont see Schwartz back in KC. Can KC cut LDT and save $? I never felt he was special. 

3 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I dont see Schwartz back in KC. Can KC cut LDT and save $? I never felt he was special. 

Don't think they save much.  He and Long will duke it out for the RG spot and hopefully, Trey can get up to speed for next year when LDT will most probably be gone. 

Just now, jetlord said:

Don't think they save much.  He and Long will duke it out for the RG spot and hopefully, Trey can get up to speed for next year when LDT will most probably be gone. 

Who do you think gets cut? I know its early but cant hide these guys on PS.

2 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Who do you think gets cut? I know its early but cant hide these guys on PS.

Rankin, Durant, Wylie.  Wylie might bring a seventh because of the number of snaps experience he's had.  Rankin looked to have a future a couple of years ago, but it just didn't work out for him.  Durant is a victim of the numbers game and has no place on the new O-line.  Could be wrong about any or all of them. 

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Rankin, Durant, Wylie.  Wylie might bring a seventh because of the number of snaps experience he's had.  Rankin looked to have a future a couple of years ago, but it just didn't work out for him.  Durant is a victim of the numbers game and has no place on the new O-line.  Could be wrong about any or all of them. 

Many will celebrate if Wylie is gone. Would be nice to get anything. Maybe Veach can work his trade magic?

19 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Brown, Thuney, Long, Blythe, FAs  Niang, LDT, returnees.  Humphreys, Smith, draftees. All those players not on the SB roster.  If there's any trade value for Wylie, Rankin, Durant, or LDT the Chiefs should try to get a seventh for one of them.  Eight new guys means there's room for one or two more at most.  Assuming Remmers is the swing, that leaves one more of the four others from last year 

Include Algretti

4 minutes ago, Palangi said:

LT- Brown, Prince 

LG- Thuney, Rankin

C- Humphrey, Allegretti

RG- Long, Smith, Durant

RT- Niang, Remmers

If Smith comes in and blows it away cut both Long and LDT 

Cut Wylie

Cut Blythe 

Eleven O-line?  That seems like a lot.  LDT probably stays ahead of Durant and Smith won't be trusted to man the RG position from day one.  Blythe is the back up for Humphrey and Allegretti is likely ahead of Rankin.  JMHO

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Eleven O-line?  That seems like a lot.  LDT probably stays ahead of Durant and Smith won't be trusted to man the RG position from day one.  Blythe is the back up for Humphrey and Allegretti is likely ahead of Rankin.  JMHO

Could be.  It's nice to have options

Just now, jetlord said:

What's the numbers if he gets cut?

Cut we save zero....trade post June 1st we save about $2.7M

Thats why I could see him getting traded during camp if Long and others look good.  Ok ok I’ll go ahead and say it, maybe to Falcons + a pick for Julio?

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

LT- Brown, Prince 

LG- Thuney, Rankin

C- Humphrey, Allegretti

RG- Long, Smith, Durant

RT- Niang, Remmers

If Smith comes in and blows it away cut both Long and LDT 

Cut Wylie

Cut Blythe 

Blythe has OC/OG versatility.   

LT - Brown

LG - Thuney

C - Humphrey, Blythe

RG - Long, Smith

RT - Niang, Remmers

I think Wylie, LDT, Allegretti, Rankin, Prince are the guys fighting for a 1-2 spots.   Love the problem we have now.   My guess Wylie or LDT makes one spot and the other spot comes down to Allegretti, Prince (who they could stash on the PS again), and Rankin.   

1 minute ago, Lamardirts said:

LT - Brown

LG - Thuney

C - Humphrey, Blythe

RG - Long, Smith

RT - Niang, Remmers

I think Wylie, LDT, Allegretti, Rankin, Prince are the guys fighting for a 1-2 spots.   Love the problem we have now.   My guess Wylie or LDT makes one spot and the other spot comes down to Allegretti, Prince (who they could stash on the PS again), and Rankin.   

Allegretti has G/C versatility too. Is cheaper.  And has more upside.  

With Creed here now Blythe can be released

Nick Allegretti (and maybe some other offensive linemen): Investment in a new offensive line was clearly one of Veach’s main themes — starting with the trade for Orlando Brown, Jr. and continuing through using a second-round pick on Humphrey. These two additions — plus adding Thuney, Long and Blythe — and bringing back LDT and Lucas Niang — have resulted in a crowded offensive line room. Then the Chiefs added ANOTHER potential starting guard with their final pick of the draft, picking up Trey Smith. Allegreti — originally presumed to be working at center after the Chiefs loaded up on guards in free agency — could be the odd man out. Now with Blythe and Humphrey in the middle, the Chiefs are at least two deep across the entire line without a logical spot for Allegretti. We could add Andrew Wylie, Martinas Rankin, Prince Tega Wanogho and Yasir Durant (and others) to the bubble as well. This is an extremely deep group. There will be subtractions.

44 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

LT - Brown

LG - Thuney

C - Humphrey, Blythe

RG - Long, Smith

RT - Niang, Remmers

Are you assuming Durant is long gone?