oline: Who does KC Trade or Cut?

Definite: Brown - Thuney - Creed - Blythe - Long - Niang - Remmers

Very likely: LDT - Allegretti - Smith - Wylie 

Doubtful / PS: Durant - Williams - Wanogho - Rankin

If there's special PS situation like last year I think we'll be carrying 12-13 linemen since there are a bunch of youngsters who could be useful at some point. I'm still skeptical about LDT's return as being a doctor may give him a change of heart but if he doesn't decide to retire he'll be back. It would be nice to bring in some help at other positions with some trades but our line sure isn't full of depth guys that would attract other teams. 

• Nick Allegretti (and maybe some other offensive linemen): Investment in a new offensive line was clearly one of Veach’s main themes — starting with the trade for Orlando Brown, Jr. and continuing through using a second-round pick on Humphrey. These two additions — plus adding Thuney, Long and Blythe — and bringing back LDT and Lucas Niang — have resulted in a crowded offensive line room. Then the Chiefs added ANOTHER potential starting guard with their final pick of the draft, picking up Trey Smith. Allegreti — originally presumed to be working at center after the Chiefs loaded up on guards in free agency — could be the odd man out. Now with Blythe and Humphrey in the middle, the Chiefs are at least two deep across the entire line without a logical spot for Allegretti. We could add Andrew Wylie, Martinas Rankin, Prince Tega Wanogho and Yasir Durant (and others) to the bubble as well. This is an extremely deep group. There will be subtractions.

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Definite: Brown - Thuney - Creed - Blythe - Long - Niang - Remmers

Very likely: LDT - Allegretti - Smith - Wylie 

Doubtful / PS: Durant - Williams - Wanogho - Rankin

If there's special PS situation like last year I think we'll be carrying 12-13 linemen since there are a bunch of youngsters who could be useful at some point. I'm still skeptical about LDT's return as being a doctor may give him a change of heart but if he doesn't decide to retire he'll be back. It would be nice to bring in some help at other positions with some trades but our line sure isn't full of depth guys that would attract other teams. 

Wylie serves no purpose if Allegretti is here. Unless they actually want to call him depth at RT, which after the SB would be comical. Niang is probably our LT if Brown gets hurt, and we have him, Remmers, Long who can all play RT. 

There's no room for a guy who has been as sub par as him. And if he was that valuable to them he wouldn't have gone from starter to 3rd (at best) on the depth chart at either guard spot in 3 months.

29 minutes ago, Balto said:

Your wrong

2021 salary is fully guaranteed.  Not cutable even post June 1 as there are no savings.  Post June 1 trade is possible but only saves you 2 mil this year and costs 4.75 mil in dead cap between this year and next.

32 minutes ago, Balto said:

Your wrong

2021 Contract details by year 30 $2,750,000 $2,000,000 - - $4,750,000 $7,350,000 $2,750,000($23,811,500)  
PRE-6/1 RELEASE2021 Dead pre 6/1 Cap: $7,350,0002021 Cap Savings: $-2,600,000 PRE-6/1 TRADE2021 pre 6/1 trade Dead Cap: $4,750,0002021 Cap Savings: $0 POST-6/1 RELEASE2021 Dead Cap: post 6/1 release $5,350,0002022 Dead Cap: $2,000,0002021 Cap Savings: $-600,000 POST-6/1 TRADE2021 Dead Cap: post 6/1 trade $2,750,0002022 Dead Cap: $2,000,0002021 Cap Savings: $2,000,000

OT:
Orlando Brown Jr. (Chiefs)
Lucas Niang (Chiefs)
Mike Remmers (Chiefs)
Martinas Rankin (Chiefs)
Prince Tega Wango (Chiefs)
Yasir Durant (Chiefs)

OG:
Joe Thuney (Chiefs)
Kyle Long (Chiefs)
Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (Chiefs)
Trey Smith (Chiefs)
Andrew Wylie (Chiefs)

OC:
Creed Humphrey (Chiefs)
Austin Blythe (Chiefs)
Nick Allegretti (Chiefs)
Darryl Williams (Chiefs)

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Wylie serves no purpose if Allegretti is here. Unless they actually want to call him depth at RT, which after the SB would be comical. Niang is probably our LT if Brown gets hurt, and we have him, Remmers, Long who can all play RT. 

There's no room for a guy who has been as sub par as him. And if he was that valuable to them he wouldn't have gone from starter to 3rd (at best) on the depth chart at either guard spot in 3 months.

I don't see Wylie as a viable alternative at any position. IMO Allegretti has been much better at OG. The tender is probably the only thing keeping Wylie in town but the good thing is it's not something the Chiefs can't get out of. I believe 12 linemen will make it in the end with PS spots included and if the PS is something like last year Wylie could stay in town as a veteran insurance policy. I would prefer to spend that effort in youngsters who may eventually mount to something though. 

2 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I don't see Wylie as a viable alternative at any position. IMO Allegretti has been much better at OG. The tender is probably the only thing keeping Wylie in town but the good thing is it's not something the Chiefs can't get out of. I believe 12 linemen will make it in the end with PS spots included and if the PS is something like last year Wylie could stay in town as a veteran insurance policy. I would prefer to spend that effort in youngsters who may eventually mount to something though. 

Someone will get IR in camp. Its almost a given. This depth is awesome.

10 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

OT:
Orlando Brown Jr. (Chiefs)
Lucas Niang (Chiefs)
Mike Remmers (Chiefs)
Martinas Rankin (Chiefs)
Prince Tega Wango (Chiefs)
Yasir Durant (Chiefs)

OG:
Joe Thuney (Chiefs)
Kyle Long (Chiefs)
Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (Chiefs)
Trey Smith (Chiefs)
Andrew Wylie (Chiefs)

OC:
Creed Humphrey (Chiefs)
Austin Blythe (Chiefs)
Nick Allegretti (Chiefs)
Darryl Williams (Chiefs)

I'm seeing 1, possibly 2, spots left for the bolded underlined guys.  Would like to see it go to whomever they think can play LT in a pinch.  lol probably be Wylie though

Just now, AFCWEST said:

Someone will get IR in camp. Its almost a given. This depth is awesome.

That's very likely in KC. I believe linemen will survive until the final cuts and that may be Wylie's only shot. 

7 minutes ago, xen said:

I'm seeing 1, possibly 2, spots left for the bolded underlined guys.  Would like to see it go to whomever they think can play LT in a pinch.  lol probably be Wylie though

I can't see them carrying more than 9-10 guys total.   I think Prince could get stashed on the PS again, but if they like him that could be iffy.   Durant too.   

13 minutes ago, xen said:

I think Thuney would move to LT in a pinch with all the decent depth now at guard.