Noah Gray Thread

What Duke HC David Cutcliffe said about new #Chiefs pick Noah Gray: “I’ve never seen Noah take a rep off or a day off, and his teammates would all tell you that. Noah doesn’t say a whole lot, doesn’t have to. He’s inspirational. He’s very talented."

More from Cutcliffe: "He also doesn’t mind going in and mixing it up in the line of scrimmage. He can play fullback. He can play tight end. He can play receiver and he can line up next to a tackle,That’s a rare breed of player." #Chiefs

I was not trying to be derogatory towards the guy. It'd be nice to see a solid #2 receiving TE. I think  that the Chiefs had a couple of players go  before they picked and made a decision that was not to happen again so traded up for this guy.. typical Veach  move and they pan out  more than not I believe.

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I was not trying to be derogatory towards the guy. It'd be nice to see a solid #2 receiving TE. I think  that the Chiefs had a couple of players go  before they picked and made a decision that was not to happen again so traded up for this guy.. typical Veach  move and they pan out  more than not I believe.

Awesome RedZone target considering Hill, Kelce, and CEH will already have defenses spread thin. This guy has great route-running, and some fast-twitch suddenness I didn't expect to see in his tape. He's comfortable out of the slot as well which is a big plus! Even out of the backfield as a FB! Pretty sure Mahomes can't get this guy the rock! Reid will do new stuff with this guy. If nothing else he will help Kelce get open , give Kelce a few plays off and will learn from Kelce.

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I've been mocking this kid to us all offseason.  Good value where they got him.  He's one of those guys that was held back by his college system and could be better in the pros.  We'll see.  I like him a lot for our system.  Lot of versatility in what you can do with him.  Super smart.  Good speed, COD and vert.  

9 minutes ago, xen said:

I've been mocking this kid to us all offseason.  Good value where they got him.  He's one of those guys that was held back by his college system and could be better in the pros.  We'll see.  I like him a lot for our system.  Lot of versatility in what you can do with him.  Super smart.  Good speed, COD and vert.  

watching those clips you could tell the QB was the weak link

49 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

every season there is a training camp love affair with some new player.. rarely do they pan out  to meet up with the hype..maybe this year will be different

Aren't those guys usually UDFA's though?

Bobby Sippio, Jody Fortson, etc

3 minutes ago, xen said:

Kelce 4.61

Gray 4.62

40 times

17 game season. Gets some big leads and let the backups, like Gray, get some reps while resting the #1s. Even one series in the 3rd quarter gives guys some rest into the 4th quarter.

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Have to go back and take a look, but I'm not so sure Veach's trade ups have a great record.  Sure, when you throw in Mahomes (under Dorsey) that makes it seem worth while, but has the record with Veach at the helm been that good?  In yesterday's draft, the move up cost nothing since the Chiefs got  second round talent with pick #226. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Have to go back and take a look, but I'm not so sure Veach's trade ups have a great record.  Sure, when you throw in Mahomes (under Dorsey) that makes it seem worth while, but has the record with Veach at the helm been that good?  In yesterday's draft, the move up cost nothing since the Chiefs got  second round talent with pick #226. 

Veach's only role in Mahomes pick is the input, shows great scouting ability in terms of QB. However it was a Dorsey pick as well as being scouted by Dorsey's staff. I agree that Veach has been terrible in trades earlier in the draft, he probably should stay away from those but he seems to be doing much better when giving up just late or future + late picks. 

Regardless giving up multiple picks later in the draft isn't that critical and shouldn't really dictate a GM's success so at least in my opinion Veach is fine in this draft. 

Just now, sith13 said:

Veach's only role in Mahomes pick is the input, shows great scouting ability in terms of QB. However it was a Dorsey pick as well as being scouted by Dorsey's staff. I agree that Veach has been terrible in trades earlier in the draft, he probably should stay away from those but he seems to be doing much better when giving up just late or future + late picks. 

Regardless giving up multiple picks later in the draft isn't that critical and shouldn't really dictate a GM's success so at least in my opinion Veach is fine in this draft. 

I think him trading our first has done well. Yes Clark could be viewed as not great,  but Veach went out and got a proven talent. It helped our defense, filled a hole and though not spectacular he has done a good job. Now he goes and trades for another proven vet 2 time pro bowler at LT. I think this has done us very well.

Just now, kkuenn said:

I think him trading our first has done well. Yes Clark could be viewed as not great,  but Veach went out and got a proven talent. It helped our defense, filled a hole and though not spectacular he has done a good job. Now he goes and trades for another proven vet 2 time pro bowler at LT. I think this has done us very well.

I was expecting more from Clark but regardless he was a major contributor in the SB run, that justifies the move completely. I also like the Brown trade, need to keep Mahomes safe and as the draft turned out we definitely didn't have a shot at getting a decent starter in 1st. Obviously time will tell about Brown but I think Veach's primary weakness is whenever he moves up in 2nd. 

3 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I was expecting more from Clark but regardless he was a major contributor in the SB run, that justifies the move completely. I also like the Brown trade, need to keep Mahomes safe and as the draft turned out we definitely didn't have a shot at getting a decent starter in 1st. Obviously time will tell about Brown but I think Veach's primary weakness is whenever he moves up in 2nd. 

Seems so. I do hope we try for Ndjoku (sp?) The TE from Cleveland in a trade. Groom and mentor Gray, but then see with this guy too. Also if both work out, resign and go on from Kelce in 3 or 4 years when he should be about done.

37 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Veach is still learning. I think he nailed this entire offseason.

Well he nailed the o line for sure. If it works out, I can't wait to see mahomes with time to throw. 

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Veach is still learning. I think he nailed this entire offseason.

We won't know until next draft but I wonder if he changed his strategy up a little.   Hit some doubles at the front then take a couple swings at the end.  If the swings don't work out you still have your doubles who can play and develop into the core of this team.   Seems like early on he would swing on those early picks and reach.   I think this draft has the potential to be elite for us and worse case a solid draft that filled important holes with capable players.     If Trey Smith and/or Kaindoh pan out this draft could set us up beautifully for the future.