Draft is done and we achieved our number one priority of protecting Mahomes.  Kid is gonna have a ton of time to sit pack and wait for players to get open or run it a mile.

So what's our weakest link and biggest remaining needs? Who would you like to see signed?

Like to see Breeland back and Houston possibly. 

I don't understand the getting of older washed up guys that aren't even wanted by their own teams.  

DE

Clark

Taco

Danna

Kaindoh 

Ward- showed good promise in his one start. 

Jones can kick out on running downs too. Same as Wharton

Why take a vet here? Other than comfort?  We have young talent that needs to play and develop.  Why spend money on someone that will disappoint and block younger player with more potential at this point? 

CB

Sneed

Ward

Fenton

Baker

Keyes

Again same question as above. Why block young high potential guys that have shown promise?

This reminds me of the old movie "Tommy Boy". When he talks about having a guarantee on the box.  The vet you guys crave is the guarantee. 

6 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I don't understand the getting of older washed up guys that aren't even wanted by their own teams.  

DE

Clark

Taco

Danna

Kaindoh 

Ward- showed good promise in his one start. 

Jones can kick out on running downs too. Same as Wharton

Why take a vet here? Other than comfort?  We have young talent that needs to play and develop.  Why spend money on someone that will disappoint and block younger player with more potential at this point? 

CB

Sneed

Ward

Fenton

Baker

Keyes

Again same question as above. Why block young high potential guys that have shown promise?

This reminds me of the old movie "Tommy Boy". When he talks about having a guarantee on the box.  The vet you guys crave is the guarantee. 

Because they will likely be cheap too and ready fits in specific roles. Ingram for Pass Rush. Also guys get hurt often. 17 games plus playoffs. Yes young guys need some opportunities but a good Vet with this SB bound team is a difference maker too! Who knows if they will disappoint?  Chiefs need lots of pass rush help.

Remember we have some really good pass rush up the middle with our DTs. Taco was showing good things until the pick injury.  

The vets you are missing aren't doing anything more than these guys at this point.  

Again it's your guarantee

3 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Remember we have some really good pass rush up the middle with our DTs. Taco was showing good things until the pick injury.  

The vets you are missing aren't doing anything more than these guys at this point.  

Again it's your guarantee

Taco has proven nothing. Clark struggles. One key injury then who? The vets are no guarantee either. Another cheap asset. Potential is nice. We have watched lots of potential , Speaks-Kpass etc, fail too.  If a Vet is better than the weakest link then I say go vet. One year low cost.

5 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Taco has proven nothing. Clark struggles. One key injury then who? The vets are no guarantee either. Another cheap asset. Potential is nice. We have watched lots of potential , Speaks-Kpass etc, fail too.  If a Vet is better than the weakest link then I say go vet. One year low cost.

We'll agree to disagree.  Bringing a vet (guarantee) in means you need to cut one of the younger guys.  

Just now, Palangi said:

We'll agree to disagree.  Bringing a vet (guarantee) in means you need to cut one of the younger guys.  

I guess it depends who you are cutting? Training camp usually provides competition. I actually agree with you. If the youngster shows enough you keep that future. Reality is every season we think KC is cutting some really good players ,yet few if any of those cuts are picked up by other teams.

12 minutes ago, Palangi said:

They need a vet DE. That depth chart is scary. And not in a good way. Still need depth at LB. Still need a slot CB and that group needs a veteran voice. Might as well be the same player, like Casey Heyward.Vet WR would be a good idea if the crop wasn't so worthless. You are discounting the effect vets have on younger guys and in the locker room. 

Your expectation that every UDFA and late rd pick is going to be the next huge steal is no different from people wanting veteran leadership added to the roster. It's just the other end of the spectrum. Tim Ward? Fortson at TE? Bopete Keyes? Cmon dude. How could those guys possibly not make you worry?

Ingram, KJ Wright, etc are vets that will still contribute in a positive way. 

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

They need a vet DE. That depth chart is scary. And not in a good way. Still need depth at LB. Still need a slot CB and that group needs a veteran voice. Might as well be the same player, like Casey Heyward.Vet WR would be a good idea if the crop wasn't so worthless. You are discounting the effect vets have on younger guys and in the locker room. 

Your expectation that every UDFA and late rd pick is going to be the next huge steal is no different from people wanting veteran leadership added to the roster. It's just the other end of the spectrum. Tim Ward? Fortson at TE? Borate Keyes? Cmon dude. How could those guys possibly not make you worry?

What is Houston or Ingram going to do that Danna, Taco,  or Kaindoh isn't.  Neither is who they were a few years ago.  

Clark is the vet in that room.  Taco is a vet too. Let them build Danna, Kaindoh, and Ward.  The depth is fine. 

I can't argue LB. Although we are in a sub package 80%of the time.  Hitchens,  Gay,  and Bolton will get those reps.  And Sorenson a well.  What did our vet Wilson do to make us so much better? Other than take reps from Gay who should have been playing more. 

Hitchens is the Vet and leader of this group. 

Slot corner is Fenton.  Or Fenton comes in and goes outside and Sneed plays slot.  Baker can play slot or outside too

Ward is a 3 year starter for us.  Leader of the group.  Why does Hayward play over Fenton or Sneed? The Chargers aren't fighting to get Hayward back.  Maybe he isn't what he was? 

I'm sorry building through the draft to me is s better idea over running and signing other teams cast offs. I get off on a while it is a good idea to get a guy.  

Like Thuney.  He is still at an age and level of play to where he is a fixture for the next 5 years still.  I'm not advocating for late round picks or UDRFA to be starters or all pro. They are the depth.  So don't put those words in my mouth when I didn't speak them. 

2 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

We drafted a 4th round DE that is raw and good probably take some time. Taco had proven nothing, we are not any better on DE than we were last year except for a hope one of these guys pan out.  Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. A vet with experience helps here, even if it's limited snaps.

Charlton was looking good before his injury.  Reuniting with his friend and college teammate, Clark was a good thing.  

But say you're right he hasn't proved anything and sucks. Who is it there that is so much better? Ingram? Houston?  Both teams are distancing from them.  It would be like us letting dirty Dan go and some team clamoring for him to be their starter because he's a Vet. 

Danna showed last year to be solid depth.  

19 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Your expectation that every UDFA and late rd pick is going to be the next huge steal is no different from people wanting veteran leadership added to the roster. It's just the other end of the spectrum. Tim Ward? Fortson at TE? Borate Keyes? Cmon dude. How could those guys possibly not make you worry?

Then why aren't the Seahawks and chargers signing them back? 

2 minutes ago, Palangi said:

What is Houston or Ingram going to do that Danna, Taco,  or Kaindoh isn't.  Neither is who they were a few years ago.  

Clark is the vet in that room.  Taco is a vet too. Let them build Danna, Kaindoh, and Ward.  The depth is fine. 

I can't argue LB. Although we are in a sub package 80%of the time.  Hitchens,  Gay,  and Bolton will get those reps.  And Sorenson a well.  What did our vet Wilson do to make us so much better? Other than take reps from Gay who should have been playing more. 

Hitchens is the Vet and leader of this group. 

Slot corner is Fenton.  Or Fenton comes in and goes outside and Sneed plays slot.  Baker can play slot or outside too

Ward is a 3 year starter for us.  Leader of the group.  Why does Hayward play over Fenton or Sneed? The Chargers aren't fighting to get Hayward back.  Maybe he isn't what he was? 

I'm sorry building through the draft to me is s better idea over running and signing other teams cast offs. I get off on a while it is a good idea to get a guy.  

Like Thuney.  He is still at an age and level of play to where he is a fixture for the next 5 years still.  I'm not advocating for late round picks or UDRFA to be starters or all pro. They are the depth.  So don't put those words in my mouth when I didn't speak them. 

Well you thinking Kaindoh and Ward can give us everything that Ingram or Houston could is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm not in favor of bumping those guys off the roster either. But that's a group that minus Clark has 12 career sacks. Total.

Not every FA is a cast-off. Not every roster is the same. LA has Joey Bosa. They have a legit star at DE. We have Clark who was a total non factor at DE last year and a bunch of unproven players. Ingram was a pro bowler in 2019. 

If the staff was comfortable with Fenton in the slot, why did they host Kwaun Williams? Ward regressed last year. Baker played a half game. 

No one is advocating for signing bums on multi year deals. I'm talking about solid vet additions that will make our roster one of the deepest and most balanced in the league.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

So a player is not good if their original team does not sign them back? Seems pretty foolish of a thought imo.

If they are 32 years old and an injury history with it.  Maybe.  

I guess the 7 games and 0 sacks Ingram last year really excite you. Seems really foolish to me

2 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Well you thinking Kaindoh and Ward can give us everything that Ingram or Houston could is exactly what I'm talking about. I'm not in favor of bumping those guys off the roster either. But that's a group that minus Clark has 12 career sacks. Total.

Not every FA is a cast-off. Not every roster is the same. LA has Joey Bosa. They have a legit star at DE. We have Clark who was a total non factor at DE last year and a bunch of unproven players. Ingram was a pro bowler in 2019. 

If the staff was comfortable with Fenton in the slot, why did they host Kwaun Williams? Ward regressed last year. Baker played a half game. 

No one is advocating for signing bums on multi year deals. I'm talking about solid vet additions that will make our roster one of the deepest and most balanced in the league.

You don't think either of those 2 can give us the 7 games and 0 sacks Ingram tracked up last year?