1 minute ago, Palangi said:

If they are 32 years old and an injury history with it.  Maybe.  

I guess the 7 games and 0 sacks Ingram last year really excite you. Seems really foolish to me

Did not say that he excited me. Then again you know there are other vets out there that were not singed by their team that did well. You take to the worse example on the slide bar here and lumped all vets together. I mean there were plenty of good vets that did not resign.

7 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Did not say that he excited me. Then again you know there are other vets out there that were not singed by their team that did well. You take to the worse example on the slide bar here and lumped all vets together. I mean there were plenty of good vets that did not resign.

Who is out there worth it? Who can we get right now.  That's what we are talking about.  

If someone worth it gets cut I'm open.  Right now nothing or there is worth it to me.  

Don't be vague.  Give names and reason why.  

Just now, Palangi said:

You don't think either of those 2 can give us the 7 games and 0 sacks Ingram tracked up last year? 

I dont know if Kaindoh or Ward is going to make the team. No one does, because they are unproven. That's why they should be rotated in with proven vets. 

You say that there's a reason why these vets are unemployed. There's a reason why Ward didn't get drafted.

You don't even attempt to see both sides of anything. I understand what you are saying. Don't block them completely. But don't rely on them to play at the level a SB favorite needs without any proof that they can do so. That's just as foolish.

2 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I dont know if Kaindoh or Ward is going to make the team. No one does, because they are unproven. That's why they should be rotated in with proven vets. 

You say that there's a reason why these vets are unemployed. There's a reason why Ward didn't get drafted.

You don't even attempt to see both sides of anything. I understand what you are saying. Don't block them completely. But don't rely on them to play at the level a SB favorite needs without any proof that they can do so. That's just as foolish.

That was a reason kurt Warner didn't get drafted. Protest Holmes.  What are we saying? 

2 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I do see both sides.  A 33 year old vet isn't an answer to me though.  If Houston was 28 still I would be more open.  If Ingram was 28 and still productive I would be open.  

If Casey Hayward your answer to the slot wasn't 31 going to be 32 in season and had 1 interception last year  was 28 and still productive I would be open.  

You guys are taking about guys on the down side.  Thinking they will make us better because they are a vet. 

14 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I do see both sides.  A 33 year old vet isn't an answer to me though.  If Houston was 28 still I would be more open.  If Ingram was 28 and still productive I would be open.  

If Casey Hayward your answer to the slot wasn't 31 going to be 32 in season and had 1 interception last year  was 28 and still productive I would be open.  

You guys are taking about guys on the down side.  Thinking they will make us better because they are a vet. 

You know just because he did not get sacks last year does not mean he did not disrupt. Ingram had a lot of pressures. That is something we did not see from our line. You going off just sacks as a end all is not a good reason. I mean with your thought process we should not go after any training camp cut players etc. What about a trad rd player? I would take Julio for sure does this mean since Atlanta does not want him he is no good?

If you want just sacks, then Houston is out there still grinding. I would look to see how Vernon, DE, is doing on rehab. Also take a look at KJ Wright at LB. Just to name a few not signed by their teams.  I am sure Schwartz will get signed too.

Making us better now can happen. Just because a guy is old and did not do well or no stat you like does not mean he can't better us. One year rentals happen all the time for depth and competition. 

12 minutes ago, Palangi said:

If they were 28 they wouldn't sign on 1 year deals. Then they'd sign multi year deals and they would block these young guys completely.

And you are talking about unproven players. Thinking they will make us better because they are talented. Everyone that makes it to the NFL has talent. 

The reason I think Ingram can make us better is because I believe he still has good football left in him. 

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

If they were 28 they wouldn't sign on 1 year deals. Then they'd sign multi year deals and they would block these young guys completely.

And you are talking about unproven players. Thinking they will make us better because they are talented. Everyone that makes it to the NFL has talent. 

The reason I think Ingram can make us better is because I believe he still has good football left in him. 

Hell we went after Trent Williams pretty hard. For a guy over 32 is it?

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

How are sure.  Breeland signed a1 year deal at that age multiple times.  And I was all for those.  

Let's try again.  

Just now, kkuenn said:

At a position that can play another 4 years at a high level.  

CB and DE don't usually last as long.  And again the 0 sacks for Ingram last year. 

6 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

You know just because he did not get sacks last year does not mean he did not disrupt. Ingram had a lot of pressures. That is something we did not see from our line. You going off just sacks as a end all is not a good reason. I mean with your thought process we should not go after any training camp cut players etc. What about a trad rd player? I would take Julio for sure does this mean since Atlanta does not want him he is no good?

If you want just sacks, then Houston is out there still grinding. I would look to see how Vernon, DE, is doing on rehab. Also take a look at KJ Wright at LB. Just to name a few not signed by their teams.  I am sure Schwartz will get signed too.

Making us better now can happen. Just because a guy is old and did not do well or no stat you like does not mean he can't better us. One year rentals happen all the time for depth and competition. 

Actually I thought that's what e did well last year was pressure just not finishing.  

But it's let's get another 32 year old that does that

29 minutes ago, Palangi said:

So at 33 years old Houston will keep it up huh m

Plus I doubt he signs anything with us again.  Wasn't it an ugly break up? 

If Houston is looking for a ring I don't mind bringing him in for a year or two but I also have doubts about his willingness after being cut. May be it's not as bad as advertised but tough to guess. 

3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I'm still waiting on your names that are available.  You said there are plenty of there.  Tell us.  Don't be vague

Just now, sith13 said:

If Houston is looking for a ring I don't mind bringing him in for a year or two but I also have doubts about his willingness after being cut. May be it's not as bad as advertised but tough to guess. 

Yeah I thought it was talked about on her before that it was a bad break up

10 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

So an injured DE in Vernon. Tore his Achilles right before the playoffs.  Is your answer? He should be super explosive when he comes back. 

And 31 year old KJ Wright.  He has been sliding the last couple years.  Even Seahawks fans were ready to move on from him.  

3 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Yeah I thought it was talked about on her before that it was a bad break up

Jet kept bringing it  up, I researched it but could find nothing to support it then Jet thought he remember some talking heads mentioning it...take it for what its worth

Just now, oldtimer said:

Jet kept bringing it  up, I researched it but could find nothing to support it then Jet thought he remember some talking heads mentioning it...take it for what its worth

Ok. Yeah I wasn't sure on that.  

So far I'm getting a

31 year old corner who only had 1 interception last year. With 8 pass deflections.  Only started 12 games. 

32 year old DE that played 7 games has an injury history and went out again last year with injury and has 0 sacks, 0TFL, and 5QB hits last year

32 year old DE that MIGHT have negative feelings to our franchise. Has had his own injury history.  But did have 8 sacks last year

A 30 year old DE that tore his Achilles right before the playoffs. And his game is explosion and speed 

A 31 year old LB whose fans were ready to move on from.  I can't argue this one a much because I don't know as much here.  

Pretty interesting group to be kicking potential guys out for.  We should definitely cut Taco for these guys. I doubt they cut Danna and Kaindoh as they were draft picks.  I know Veach was excited about Ward who showed some promise in his week 17 snaps.  To at least be quality depth. But then again he isn't 32.

So far I'm getting a

31 year old corner who only had 1 interception last year. With 8 pass deflections.  Only started 12 games. 

32 year old DE that played 7 games has an injury history and went out again last year with injury and has 0 sacks, 0TFL, and 5QB hits last year

32 year old DE that MIGHT have negative feelings to our franchise. Has had his own injury history.  But did have 8 sacks last year

A 30 year old DE that tore his Achilles right before the playoffs. And his game is explosion and speed 

A 31 year old LB whose fans were ready to move on from.  I can't argue this one a much because I don't know as much here.  

Pretty interesting group to be kicking potential guys out for.  We should definitely cut Taco for these guys. I doubt they cut Danna and Kaindoh as they were draft picks.  I know Veach was excited about Ward who showed some promise in his week 17 snaps.  To at least be quality depth. But then again he isn't 32.

Reid talks positive about everyone and still cuts are made. Best News: Is Reid and Co are making these decisions not us. So we shall see what they think is best. 

So far I'm getting a

32 year old DE that played 7 games has an injury history and went out again last year with injury and has 0 sacks, 0TFL, and 5QB his last year

Pretty interesting group to be kicking potential guys out for.  

Agree that there's not a need for many one year rentals, Breeland and a LB being possible exceptions.  But I disagree that those rentals will push back the young guys.  Anyone with real potential will survive until the end of TC and that's enough time for the staff to decide whether they are worth deeping and developing.  The rentals aren't going to set back the future. 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Agree that there's not a need for many one year rentals, Breeland and a LB being possible exceptions.  But I disagree that those rentals will push back the young guys.  Anyone with real potential will survive until the end of TC and that's enough time for the staff to decide whether they are worth deeping and developing.  The rentals aren't going to set back the future. 

I cant think of too many young unproven KC guys that have been cut and gone on to be stars. There are some for sure and every team has some regrets.

31 minutes ago, jetlord said:

But by bringing in that vet just bring him in like this means you are taking practice reps away from the young kid in practice.  Which is big for their development.  Why not run with a young kid through camp then sign a vet if it is needed because the progress has stalled out. These types of vets that are being pushed will be available later too. Especially after rosters start getting cut down as the season grows closer.