Draft Grades (What is the Point)

4 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I think the pundits went with a more positive approach this year.  Notice how you didn't get hardly any tragic traumatic stories this year.   Mostly positive commentary during picks.  Seemed like an intentional change.

I definitely enjoyed the lack of soap opera stories for each pick.  Even the sports websites don't have all the drama filled follow up this year. 

35 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I definitely enjoyed the lack of soap opera stories for each pick.  Even the sports websites don't have all the drama filled follow up this year. 

Agree in general terms, but there are several videos out on Bolton and Trey Smith that are designed to be heart grabbers.  

15 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

2017 NFL.com

Kansas City Chiefs
Draft picks:Patrick Mahomes (No. 10 overall), Tanoh Kpassagnon (No. 59 overall), Kareem Hunt (No. 86 overall), Jehu Chesson (No. 139 overall), Ukeme Eligwe (No. 183 overall), Leon McQuay (No. 217 overall)
Day 1 grade: B+
Day 2 grade: A
Day 3 grade: C
Overall grade: B+
The skinny:Chiefs GM John Dorsey and head coach Andy Reid saw Brett Favre in Green Bay, and they have to see some of that gunslinger attitude in Mahomes. There is a risk factor here given his penchant for throwing the ball anywhere and from any arm angle (which will turn into interceptions in the NFL), and they gave up a future first-round pick to get him. But if anyone can get Mahomes to adjust and succeed, it's Reid. Villanova doesn't put out a lot of top football players, but the Philadelphia crowd love seeing Tanoh Kpassagnon get picked. He's a very good five-technique with a lot of upside. The Chiefs got a starter in Kareem Hunt, an all-around player who can do it all. Patrick Mahomes has all of the tools to be a great quarterback.

The Chiefs continued to move up and down the board on Day 3. Jehu Chesson was inconsistent in his senior year, so I might have waited a bit to pick him given the other receivers available. They also gave up a fifth-round pick to pick him, which isn't a premium selection, but would have helped with depth. Kansas City didn't select a cornerback with some size, which would have helped this season.

Mannnn that one was generous.

I remember a lot of "blah blah trading that much not worth it" and the parade of shit they got for not taking Watson.

I said it then and I will repeat it now.  Thank God they did not take Watson.

On 5/5/2021 at 9:29 AM, oldtimer said:

IIRC isn't the Players Rep a O-lineman for the Browns? From what I can remember he'd like to all but remove Training Camp..sounds like a trouble maker  that I'd cut if he were on my team

Tom Brady was on the Zoom call saying "Does MLB expect a pitcher to be throwing at 95 in December> Why are we here in May?"

Would you cut him? Just asking- no malice intended

On 5/6/2021 at 1:05 AM, liquidfriend said:

Mannnn that one was generous.

I remember a lot of "blah blah trading that much not worth it" and the parade of shit they got for not taking Watson.

I said it then and I will repeat it now.  Thank God they did not take Watson.

The Massage Therapists in KC thank them too....

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Tom Brady was on the Zoom call saying "Does MLB expect a pitcher to be throwing at 95 in December> Why are we here in May?"

Would you cut him? Just asking- no malice intended

From the Chiefs?  Yes.  Have to make room for the young guy and can't afford both.  Not even sure why i signed him.  Seemed like a good idea at the time, I guess.

41 minutes ago, xen said:

From the Chiefs?  Yes.  Have to make room for the young guy and can't afford both.  Not even sure why i signed him.  Seemed like a good idea at the time, I guess.

What is his dead cap hit?  I think before we just cut him we should explore trading him.