Trey Smith blood clots

3 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Unfortunately not all players with question marks pan out. However Chiefs have been more willing to take such risks by doing that extra homework. Houston was a great pick, Hill was a steal, the jury is up for the rest but there's a decent chance to get solid players out of a few of them.

I would also add Foles to that list. Teams weren't willing to take the risk and his career looked all but over until Reid revived it in KC which led to a SB win. So in terms of the rehabilitation Chiefs may have a much better culture than others give credit for. 

Unless your name is Shady or Bell!  HAHA

3 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Unfortunately not all players with question marks pan out. However Chiefs have been more willing to take such risks by doing that extra homework. Houston was a great pick, Hill was a steal, the jury is up for the rest but there's a decent chance to get solid players out of a few of them.

I would also add Foles to that list. Teams weren't willing to take the risk and his career looked all but over until Reid revived it in KC which led to a SB win. So in terms of the rehabilitation Chiefs may have a much better culture than others give credit for. 

True. Most teams would have a similar story.

46 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Funny how Humphreys was an early second rounder that the Chiefs got at the end of the second because he showed weak at the senior bowl..  Niang was a potential first rounder that dropped to the late third due to injury.  Trey was a second rounder that dropped to the sixth because of medical issues.  Hill dropped because of off field issues.  Gay would have gone earlier except for personal issues.  Is Arrowhead becoming a rehab center? 

I thought Humphrey would of been a late 1st rounder and thought he was by far the best center in the draft that Veach said good bye to when we traded down from #31....As you remember I was a little pumped when we drafted him in the 2nd haha.

Lets also add Mahomes to this list.  Guy was wild and had horrible mechanics!  Hell, two QBs went before him hahahaha

Our best picks for the last decade have been taking flyers on talented players with a flaw or perceived flaw.  Houston, Hill, Kelce, Mahomes to a degree.  Maybe Jones?  If you can find a player with a flaw that can be overlooked or, better yet, fixed, that's how you hit home runs.  It's also how you strike out on guys like Speaks or K-Pass.  But overall I still think that beats taking safe picks with low upside.  But it's why you should acquire more picks when possible, and take more of those home run swings.

31 minutes ago, Balto said:

I thought Humphrey would of been a late 1st rounder and thought he was by far the best center in the draft that Veach said good bye to when we traded down from #31....As you remember I was a little pumped when we drafted him in the 2nd haha.

Lets also add Mahomes to this list.  Guy was wild and had horrible mechanics!  Hell, two QBs went before him hahahaha

2? Just one was selected before him, Trubisky at 2nd overall 

3 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

Our best picks for the last decade have been taking flyers on talented players with a flaw or perceived flaw.  Houston, Hill, Kelce, Mahomes to a degree.  Maybe Jones?  If you can find a player with a flaw that can be overlooked or, better yet, fixed, that's how you hit home runs.  It's also how you strike out on guys like Speaks or K-Pass.  But overall I still think that beats taking safe picks with low upside.  But it's why you should acquire more picks when possible, and take more of those home run swings.

The Chiefs certainly didn't take safe picks this year after the second round.  A DE who never reached his potential in college.  A TE not projected to go that high.  A WR who waited until the last half of his senior year to break out.  An OG with questionable health issues.  Yet I really like this group.  Each is a good fit if they pan out and the needs for next off season could be cut down to about three of four positions.  Can't wait for OTAs mini camp, and TC this summer.  

4 hours ago, xen said:

This is multiple times I've heard repeated that Creed looked bad at senior bowl practices.  Its not true so I wonder where people are getting that.  2nd day iirc he was having an initial issue anchoring against a big DT but its not like he was losing the reps he just had to recover, which he did.  Also had 1 bad snap in practice.  Had a terrific week and looked better as the week went on.

Arrowhead pride guys went down and all three said he got pushed back by a weak DT class.   Said by the end of the week he was doing better but was struggling to anchor and again the talent at IDL was not great....in fact this entire IDL class was pretty meh.   

With that said he has played in a high-powered offense before and he will be a huge upgrade over Reiter.  

4 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

I wouldn't put Kpass in that category.  He was a physical specimen and that was about it.  His production in college wasn't all that great iirc.  He just looked like a chiseled greek god and we reached 3 rounds for him.   Even Speaks was just a normal reach...he was a massive tweener in college.  Nothing about those two screamed buyer beware.  Houston, Hill, Kelce and Mahomes all had legit talent but major issues that forced the fall.   All those guys fell, with maybe Mahomes being the exception.  Kpass and Speaks were just reaches.   Win some and lose some!  If I gotta take Kpass and Speaks to get Mahomes....so be it.

58 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs certainly didn't take safe picks this year after the second round.  A DE who never reached his potential in college.  A TE not projected to go that high.  A WR who waited until the last half of his senior year to break out.  An OG with questionable health issues.  Yet I really like this group.  Each is a good fit if they pan out and the needs for next off season could be cut down to about three of four positions.  Can't wait for OTAs mini camp, and TC this summer.  

I know its just rookie camp but I think Gray is gonna be a huge bonus for this team.  He looks smooth out there and will hopefully allow us to keep Kelce fresh.   I agree this draft was the opposite of Veach's normal draft and I think it's a better strategy.   If you gonna swing for the fences then do it in the 3rd -7th round.    This draft has the potential to be an amazing draft.

14 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I wouldn't put Kpass in that category.  He was a physical specimen and that was about it.  His production in college wasn't all that great iirc.  He just looked like a chiseled greek god and we reached 3 rounds for him.   Even Speaks was just a normal reach...he was a massive tweener in college.  Nothing about those two screamed buyer beware.  Houston, Hill, Kelce and Mahomes all had legit talent but major issues that forced the fall.   All those guys fell, with maybe Mahomes being the exception.  Kpass and Speaks were just reaches.   Win some and lose some!  If I gotta take Kpass and Speaks to get Mahomes....so be it.

Speaks and K-Pass maybe weren't the best examples on my part.  What I'm describing is kind of a subset of the Chiefs' general philosophy of taking guys with physical traits and hoping they can coach them up.  So K-Pass wasn't as talented as the hits I mentioned, but he definitely fit that mold of physical specimen that they hoped to mold into something better.  Speaks maybe not so much, I vaguely remember him having good SPARQ scores which is a very Chiefs thing but agreed he was still a big reach.

8 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

Speaks and K-Pass maybe weren't the best examples on my part.  What I'm describing is kind of a subset of the Chiefs' general philosophy of taking guys with physical traits and hoping they can coach them up.  So K-Pass wasn't as talented as the hits I mentioned, but he definitely fit that mold of physical specimen that they hoped to mold into something better.  Speaks maybe not so much, I vaguely remember him having good SPARQ scores which is a very Chiefs thing but agreed he was still a big reach.

Totally agree!  I don't like that draft philosophy.  Not that I don't like drafting physically gifted players but you can't keep doing that in the 2nd round.  I loved Veach's draft this year.  We got great value in the 2nd round.  We drafted guys with pro bowl potential but they were both sold and safe picks.  The floor is 10 year middle of the road vets.    Kaindoh is the physical specimen that needs coaching up but he was a 4th rounder and a low one at that.   That is a perfect spot.  If he's a bust no one bats an eye.  Hard not batting an eye when so many of our 2nd rounders haven't panned out.  I would even throw Mecole in that conversation, but Mecole still has this year to prove me wrong and I hope he does.   I get what you were saying and went back and reread your post and misunderstood you originally. 

kaindoh is the guy, who needs to stay healthy, and actually learn a system.  he really hasnt had that chance.. in his first year.. he managed 4 sacks.. then everything changed.. and he had some issues..  I am thinking this might turn out pretty good. 

That wide reciever who in his one year as a starter put up some pretty decent numbers, along with running some pretty decent routes.. another big 4.4 guy who can go get the ball.. 

might be pretty impressive as well.. 

I am not worried about creed.  Think theres probowl potential expecially if he can play between a healthy trey, and thuney.. this could be the best line we have seen in a while.. 

and well with mahomes, adding a second te who can catch, to go with kelce, and well.. two 4.2 recievers.. this aint looking bad.

we also added a real show stopping thumper in the middle of the defense..

to play behind reid and jones. If your an opposing defense, you want to go outside.. you want nothing to do with the middle of this D this year, its not safe anymore.