How many Primetime games will the chiefs get this year?

As a reminder, here are the Chiefs’ opponents for 2021:

Home: Denver Broncos, Los Angeles Chargers, Las Vegas Raiders, Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, Pittsburgh Steelers and Green Bay Packers

Away: Broncos, Chargers, Raiders, Bengals, Philadelphia Eagles, Baltimore Ravens, Tennessee Titans and Washington Football Team

I am thinking Browns, Ravens, One of the Charger games (Prob LA one)...maybe Buffalo

To broaden to “National TV game”: Playing the NFC East will probably net a couple just from that division. Obsession of Cowboys and Giants will make it happen. Packers is a definite night game. Probably same with Ravens. Maybe a Browns or Bills.

I'm thinking Browns, Bills, Ravens are set in stone as prime time unless any of them is later in the season. Cowboys and Packers are also very likely to be prime time but Packers are subject to Rodgers situation. Overall I'm thinking 5 but wouldn't be surprised if it's closer to 10 than 5 once the schedule is announced. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

If you ask me every football game should start at noon and should be played only on Sunday. I understand the need for prime time games due to the financial implications but still hate them. Even the SB should be played at noon IMO. 

I like the double header format on Sunday afternoons.  What they could drop are Thursday, Sunday, and Monday night games.  Monday night was okay when it started about fifty years ago, but ESPN has ruined it like everything else they touch. 

7 hours ago, jetlord said:

I like the double header format on Sunday afternoons.  What they could drop are Thursday, Sunday, and Monday night games.  Monday night was okay when it started about fifty years ago, but ESPN has ruined it like everything else they touch. 

I like the east coast noon game followed by the west coast noon, which is generally Chiefs followed by Seahawks in my case. However I only enjoy going to the stadium for noon games as any other option generally takes away the entire day. 

12 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

I thought i read that they are expanding the ability to swap out prime time games for more than just the Sunday night games.

is  this correct?

Yes- each network is given x number of games to protect. Then all the rest can be fklexed- including MNF and TNF

12 hours ago, robgar said:

if you switch over before dinner time to over, before midnight.... 

also this would help with creating fans in England, and Europe.

thats right I no longer count england in europe. 

London is damn near Middle East nowadays....

41 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Yes- each network is given x number of games to protect. Then all the rest can be fklexed- including MNF and TNF

So they flex games between noon and 1930, but can they move a Sunday game to Thursday and how much notice has to be given?  Pity the guy who buys a top priced ticket for Sunday and can't be there on Thursday.  That doesn't seem right.

9 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So they flex games between noon and 1930, but can they move a Sunday game to Thursday and how much notice has to be given?  Pity the guy who buys a top priced ticket for Sunday and can't be there on Thursday.  That doesn't seem right.

My bad- TNF will not be flexed. Only SNF and MNF. I read it wrong.

On 5/9/2021 at 6:05 PM, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Ditto. Give me a noon game on Sunday every time. Less hype, fewer commercials and over before dinner time. 
Just like God intended. 

I’m a fan of home late window games. Tailgating at a decent hour instead of at 0Dark30 is appealing to me. 

3 hours ago, Chiefs Convert said:

I’m a fan of home late window games. Tailgating at a decent hour instead of at 0Dark30 is appealing to me. 

Those late games get darned cold after DST is over and the sun goes down.  Just as soon have a night game.