What I'd like to see

QB- Mahomes, Henne, Ta'amu (PS)

RB- CEH, Williams, McKinnon, Thompson (PS)

FB- Cole

WR- Hill, Robinson,  Hardman,  Pringle,  Calloway,  Powell, Sharpe(PS)

TE- Kelce, Bell, Gray, Keizer(PS)

LT- Brown, Prince

LG- Thuney, Rankin 

C - Humphrey, Allegretti, Williams (PS)

RG- Long, Smith, Durant (PS)

RT- Niang, Remmers

LE- Taco, Ward, Kaindoh 

DT- Jones,  Wharton, Edwards(PS)

DT- Reed, Nnadi, Saunders

RE- Clark, Danna, Herring (IR,PS)

SLB- Correa, Harris

MLB- Hitchens, Bolton

WLB- Gay, DOD, Cobb (PS)

CB- Ward, Baker 

CB- Sneed,  Keyes

NB- Fenton, Bootle(PS)

SS- Mathieu, Sorenson, Anderson (PS)

FS- Thornhill, Parks, Watts, Character (PS)

Palangi, why would you want Allegretti over Austin Blythe, who we just signed and is an obvious upgrade over Allegretti plus can back up 3 spots at above replacement level, as well as show the rookie the ropes?  Getting rid of LDT doesn't seem wise as well considering the lack of savings.  It will literally cost us cap to cut him and he has a no trade clause.  Trading him post June 1 gets you a little if he agrees, I suppose.

8 minutes ago, xen said:

Palangi, why would you want Allegretti over Austin Blythe, who we just signed and is an obvious upgrade over Allegretti plus can back up 3 spots at above replacement level, as well as show the rookie the ropes?  Getting rid of LDT doesn't seem wise as well considering the lack of savings.  It will literally cost us cap to cut him and he has a no trade clause.  Trading him post June 1 gets you a little if he agrees, I suppose.

I am not high on Blythe.  But if they decide to go with him I wouldn't be mad.  I just see Allegretti with more upside and thought he showed he could be solid depth.  And he could be depth at all 3 interior spots too. And is cheaper.  I believe Blythe was insurance,  but getting Humphrey made him expendable. 

I don't think LDT is any good and if Long is healthy he is a MUCH better player.  I think he might be traded post June 1st. And while he might not save money this year getting a draft pick, even if,  a 6th or 7th is worth it. And if Long is the guy this year then Smith needs to be a focus for next year and more reps and focus on him rather than keeping LDT around.  Unfortunately the numbers game gets LDT. 

Sucks to see D-Rob as a starter but that OL rotation is really awesome :) I don't think they go with Blythe as the starter unless there's an issue with Creed's progression. Since neither OC has familiarity with Mahomes they both need to adjust to him which means Blythe probably has no edge over Creed right now. 

I don't expect LDT to leave unless he wants to hang it up. Doesn't save any money to get rid of him and with so many injuries last year they will want him around as a veteran presence who has been much better than what we had last year. He'll be gone after this season though. Long was a much better player back in the day so I think he might be the starter from day one. Wylie or Allegretti is more likely to leave in favor of Smith and Wylie is already extended for just this year. 

DE looks like the scariest position group that still needs to be addressed.  CB depth is concerning but I still think Breezy could be brought back again for around 3 million.   Probably signing a DE like Ingram/Houston/Olivier and Breezy would use up most of the available FA money we have but I think that D could be top 10.   Could always go after a #2 type WR but the reality is we did ok last year with this line up and a horrible Oline.......upgrading that Oline has to help plus another offseason for Hardman and Pringle getting more reps can't hurt.

I think Trey Smith is the backup LG.  Blythe is the backup center because Creed is a rookie and his versatility to play guard.   I think both LDT and Long make the roster and while I think Trey Smith will the be the backup LG he will be in the competition for starting RG with LDT and Long.   Remmers and Niang will be in competition for the RT spot.  I think Andrew Wylie is the final selection.  He does have a little versatility and Niang/Thuney could slide to LT in a pinch with Remmers at RT.  I think Prince gets stashed another year on the PS and we look to trade Rankin and Allegretti to a team like the Bears or Eagles for a low round pick.  

I would love to see Antonio Callaway make this roster but I have a feeling Dave Toub will take the least upside WR for his ST group and that will be Marcus Kemp.   Hope I'm wrong. LB's look decent with Hitchens, Gay, Bolton, Correa, Niemann and Harris.  Again hope we could find a 1 year vet min to replace Niemann but that probably won't happen.  Hope Gay never lets him see the field again.

I hope this Oline gels and becomes dominant and we can see a pissed off Mahomes all year long!

9 hours ago, sith13 said:

Sucks to see D-Rob as a starter but that OL rotation is really awesome :) I don't think they go with Blythe as the starter unless there's an issue with Creed's progression. Since neither OC has familiarity with Mahomes they both need to adjust to him which means Blythe probably has no edge over Creed right now. 

I don't expect LDT to leave unless he wants to hang it up. Doesn't save any money to get rid of him and with so many injuries last year they will want him around as a veteran presence who has been much better than what we had last year. He'll be gone after this season though. Long was a much better player back in the day so I think he might be the starter from day one. Wylie or Allegretti is more likely to leave in favor of Smith and Wylie is already extended for just this year. 

Well if Creed can shot gun snap without problems, it will be a good competition. I think Blythe has it now until Creed shows he can take it and do it. Blythe is the vet so I would give him the edge for now until they are seen in camp.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Well if Creed can shot gun snap without problems, it will be a good competition. I think Blythe has it now until Creed shows he can take it and do it. Blythe is the vet so I would give him the edge for now until they are seen in camp.

No doubt about it, Creed needs to show that he can handle the snaps before getting the nod. Mistakes by snappers tend to cost quite a bit. Blythe may be limited but he's a known commodity whereas any rookie is a question mark until they see the TC. 

10 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

DE looks like the scariest position group that still needs to be addressed.  CB depth is concerning but I still think Breezy could be brought back again for around 3 million.   Probably signing a DE like Ingram/Houston/Olivier and Breezy would use up most of the available FA money we have but I think that D could be top 10.   Could always go after a #2 type WR but the reality is we did ok last year with this line up and a horrible Oline.......upgrading that Oline has to help plus another offseason for Hardman and Pringle getting more reps can't hurt.

I think Trey Smith is the backup LG.  Blythe is the backup center because Creed is a rookie and his versatility to play guard.   I think both LDT and Long make the roster and while I think Trey Smith will the be the backup LG he will be in the competition for starting RG with LDT and Long.   Remmers and Niang will be in competition for the RT spot.  I think Andrew Wylie is the final selection.  He does have a little versatility and Niang/Thuney could slide to LT in a pinch with Remmers at RT.  I think Prince gets stashed another year on the PS and we look to trade Rankin and Allegretti to a team like the Bears or Eagles for a low round pick.  

I would love to see Antonio Callaway make this roster but I have a feeling Dave Toub will take the least upside WR for his ST group and that will be Marcus Kemp.   Hope I'm wrong. LB's look decent with Hitchens, Gay, Bolton, Correa, Niemann and Harris.  Again hope we could find a 1 year vet min to replace Niemann but that probably won't happen.  Hope Gay never lets him see the field again.

I hope this Oline gels and becomes dominant and we can see a pissed off Mahomes all year long!

In obvious passing downs we'll likely see Jones or Wharton line up at DE but not sure what they are thinking for the base formation. I'm expecting someone like Houston signed for the position but wouldn't be surprised if they roll with the youngsters on the roster for a year. 

4 minutes ago, sith13 said:

In obvious passing downs we'll likely see Jones or Wharton line up at DE but not sure what they are thinking for the base formation. I'm expecting someone like Houston signed for the position but wouldn't be surprised if they roll with the youngsters on the roster for a year. 

This post is completely ass backwards. Jones is the second best interior rusher in the league, why would they be using him as an edge rusher in passing situations? 

10 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

This post is completely ass backwards. Jones is the second best interior rusher in the league, why would they be using him as an edge rusher in passing situations? 

I was thinking the same thing.  In obvious passing downs I see Jones and Wharton inside.  On run downs get bigger and put one at end.  

10 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I was thinking the same thing.  In obvious passing downs I see Jones and Wharton inside.  On run downs get bigger and put one at end.  

It was stated as a possibility by someone in the organization after the Reed signing, not sure who it was though. Frankly I would expect Wharton experiment at DE at some point but he's doing a solid job already playing inside. 

33 minutes ago, sith13 said:

It was stated as a possibility by someone in the organization after the Reed signing, not sure who it was though. Frankly I would expect Wharton experiment at DE at some point but he's doing a solid job already playing inside. 

I would like to see that. Wharton can ball.

20 hours ago, Palangi said:

What I'd like to see

QB- Mahomes, Henne, Ta'amu (PS)

RB- CEH, Williams, McKinnon, Thompson (PS)

FB- Cole

WR- Hill, Robinson,  Hardman,  Pringle,  Calloway,  Powell, Sharpe(PS)

TE- Kelce, Bell, Gray, Keizer(PS)

LT- Brown, Prince

LG- Thuney, Rankin 

C - Humphrey, Allegretti, Williams (PS)

RG- Long, Smith, Durant (PS)

RT- Niang, Remmers

LE- Taco, Ward, Kaindoh 

DT- Jones,  Wharton, Edwards(PS)

DT- Reed, Nnadi, Saunders

RE- Clark, Danna, Herring (IR,PS)

SLB- Correa, Harris

MLB- Hitchens, Bolton

WLB- Gay, DOD, Cobb (PS)

CB- Ward, Baker 

CB- Sneed,  Keyes

NB- Fenton, Bootle(PS)

SS- Mathieu, Sorenson, Anderson (PS)

FS- Thornhill, Parks, Watts, Character (PS)

That's one seriously underwhelming group of receivers.  It's Hill and that is it. 

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

That's one seriously underwhelming group of receivers.  It's Hill and that is it. 

Not necessarily.  Robinson will give us what Watkins was just based on availability alone.  

Pringle has shown potential

Hardman if he can figure it out is good. 

Callaway is a major sleeper here

Powell will be very similar to Watkins as well but can stay healthy.  

Giving our QB more time in a pocket will make a lot of these guys to look better too 

2 hours ago, Palangi said:

Giving our QB more time in a pocket will make a lot of these guys to look better too 

Absolutely.  Pringle and DRob could thrive with an extra half second  by our new O-line, to get some separation.  I think one or the other will break out this season.  Hardman has a concentration problem and will remain a gadget guy, I'm afraid.  I think we may still sign a veteran as well.

Even if we are thin at WR or if HIll goes down, God forbid, our screen game will be resurrected and work very well with the new O-line, and Noah Gray and the RB's will be used a lot more in the passing game. Reid will enjoy Noah  Gray with Kelce in some doubleTE sets, because Gray can catch very well, according to a recent article we have probably all seen. In that article, Noah was compared to Fasano.  Andy loves his two TE sets when both can catch the ball.

34 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Man you just aren't satisfied unless you have something to complain about. 

Not at all.  When Watkins was healthy, our offense was on another level.  I'm happy Watkins is gone, but I really hoped we would do something about the receiver position.  I don't know about you, but I have very little trust in Robinson, and wanted to let him walk as well.  He and Hardman are 2 and 3 among receivers, and both will drop easy ones.  I just don't want to see the offense revert back to the screen game all the time because of receiver issues.  

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

Not at all.  When Watkins was healthy, our offense was on another level.  I'm happy Watkins is gone, but I really hoped we would do something about the receiver position.  I don't know about you, but I have very little trust in Robinson, and wanted to let him walk as well.  He and Hardman are 2 and 3 among receivers, and both will drop easy ones.  I just don't want to see the offense revert back to the screen game all the time because of receiver issues.  

I think if Hardman is actually used as a skit guy instead of being expected to be a number 2 WR, he can create real mismatches. Robinson is as meh as it gets, and Pringle is a fan favorite but has never done shit.

The one to watch out for is Powell. There were those that had grades on him as high as rd 2 or 3. He's not extremely explosive and twitchy but he really doesn't have a lot of weakness in his game. He is damn near perfect for that X spot and had he played for another team in college where he had been a focal point for multiple seasons, I think he would have been a day 2 type pick. 

Plus with added protection and a run game to keep defenses off balance, Pat can probably make chicken salad out of chicken shit. 

And another guy who has been a career fuckup, but has ridiculous upside is Calloway. He shouldn't be relied on for anything. But IF he stays out of trouble, that dude can be special. 

10 hours ago, sith13 said:

I think it was mentioned on early downs slide him out to DE.   Jones, Reed, Nnadi, Clark is a very stout run front.   Then kick him back inside on obvious pass downs.

I for one don't want to see him outside.  He's not athletic enough to make that switch offset his absence on the interior or fast enough.  Sure he could bull rush some dudes back there but his ability in the interior is 2nd to only Donald.   With Fisher's injury it kinda of threw a wrench in everyone's plans.   If Fisher was still healthy I think DE would have been our first round draft choice.   I still think we need one more proven commodity there.  

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I think it was mentioned on early downs slide him out to DE.   Jones, Reed, Nnadi, Clark is a very stout run front.   Then kick him back inside on obvious pass downs.

I for one don't want to see him outside.  He's not athletic enough to make that switch offset his absence on the interior or fast enough.  Sure he could bull rush some dudes back there but his ability in the interior is 2nd to only Donald.   With Fisher's injury it kinda of threw a wrench in everyone's plans.   If Fisher was still healthy I think DE would have been our first round draft choice.   I still think we need one more proven commodity there.  

If there were no OT injuries the draft as it turned out would be enough to take care of the OL needs, so there would be a lot of flexibility for the 1st. Not sure how much Chiefs values the DEs available but the position itself definitely would have been a bigger need than it was under the current scenario. 

I still think a veteran will come in as there's some cap space to play with and some veterans that would love to chase a ring. Houston is my favorite but the lack of movement on that front probably shows that there's some bad blood. 

12 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Man you just aren't satisfied unless you have something to complain about. 

Nah I'm with Moon on this one.  Veach has shown that he wants an above avg 2nd guy to take pressure off Hill/Kelce and up the probability that Reid's O doesn't have to many weakness.....Can't double three players(Hill, Kelce, Watkins).  I thought Watkins was way overpaid but Veach paid the man because our O was different when we had all three healthy Hill/Kelce/Watkins on the field at the same time.  This is why he overpaid Watkins....this is why he offered JuJu $10M......I think Veach really wants another above avg 2nd guy and is why I still think Julio Jones could still be in play for us.

100% agree with Moon and we don't want Mahomes to be the  next Aaron Rodgers that has all the talent in the world but his GM doesn't surround him with talent thinking a elite #1 in Hill is good enough.