I may have missed a thread on this, but I must admit I’m surprised the Chiefs received only one MNF game - against the Giants of all teams. Where’s the intrigue there?  The best MNF matchups, in my opinion, are division rivals. Only one game surprises me quite a bit given Mahomes is the face of the league. I know it doesn’t really matter, but thought they’d have several appearances. 

14 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

MNF isn’t what it used to be. ESPN has a way of sucking the life out of every thing they touch. 

Gone are the days of the best matchups being on Monday night. It’s not that big a deal, anymore. 

Agree 100%. Sunday night football is the king of prime time now IMO. Ravens, Bills, Raiders?? That's an amazing lineup. Can't wait.

1 hour ago, TomahawkChop said:

I may have missed a thread on this, but I must admit I’m surprised the Chiefs received only one MNF game - against the Giants of all teams. Where’s the intrigue there?  The best MNF matchups, in my opinion, are division rivals. Only one game surprises me quite a bit given Mahomes is the face of the league. I know it doesn’t really matter, but thought they’d have several appearances. 

who fkn cares ..fuk espn  

17 hours ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

MNF isn’t what it used to be. ESPN has a way of sucking the life out of every thing they touch. 

Gone are the days of the best matchups being on Monday night. It’s not that big a deal, anymore. 

ESPN hasn't been good since the 90's and early 2000's.  How they choose their announcers is beyond me.....they typically suck.   Sad really.   

As far as the MNF games go....I was a little shocked as well.   But we got 5 primetime games and I imagine they could flex us a couple more as we attempt to go undefeated this year.

46 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

ESPN hasn't been good since the 90's and early 2000's.  How they choose their announcers is beyond me.....they typically suck.   Sad really.   

As far as the MNF games go....I was a little shocked as well.   But we got 5 primetime games and I imagine they could flex us a couple more as we attempt to go undefeated this year.

Aren't teams limited to five prime time games, at least in the original schedule?  Don't know if that applies to flex games. 

NFL seems to have the notion that people just want to see any game as long as there's one available. I don't remember the last TNF or MNF game I've watched without the Chiefs playing. Not even sure if people have the time to spare on a weekday for a game that provides no excitement for them. However it's always nice to have a game on, even if in the background, on a Sunday afternoon. 

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

NFL seems to have the notion that people just want to see any game as long as there's one available. I don't remember the last TNF or MNF game I've watched without the Chiefs playing. Not even sure if people have the time to spare on a weekday for a game that provides no excitement for them. However it's always nice to have a game on, even if in the background, on a Sunday afternoon. 

to each their own but that pretty much applies to me more times than  not

These twits dont actually do play by play anymore. They do their talk show BS critiques and player rumors while the game is being played. Second guessing the play calls and perpetuating gossip. Got get the BRADY stuff in all game long not to mention worthless guest interviews. I turn the volume off and listen to the radio broadcasts on NFL Gameday. 

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

to each their own but that pretty much applies to me more times than  not

It sure applies to quite a bit as they are still going on but I'm not sure if either night gets people as fired up as Sunday. There's always the hassle of worrying about the next day when watching Monday or Thursday games which take away quite a bit of people away from the TV :( 

On 5/15/2021 at 12:25 AM, DieHard said:

It used to be exciting with the fam around the tv and that music came on. It was like the Wide World of Sports. The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. Good times.

I agree but with ESPB buying the rights to ABC Sports that all went away....o longer is ABC in the sports business. They will show an ESPN game here and there but thats about it. ESPN got worse when being sold to Disney.....but maybe us old farts should just "Let it go"....