Ravens cut Ray Rice

AZ~

I don’t buy that.  And I was ready to bury them in the same hole I buried the NFL in on the other post.  However, their situation is different.

The Baltimore Ravens are in the business of winning football games.  Rice was made unavailable to them by Sheriff Goodell same as if Rice had been arrested for a period of time.  They had no choice but to cut him and move on.  They couldn’t put him on IR and they can’t have him occupy a roster spot.

I just wish they hadn’t feigned such shock over a video I suspect they had already seen.  Feels like a sleazy act from otherwise respected org.

Bisciotti said they didn't see the video until TMZ released it

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/09/full-text-of-bisciotti-letter-to-ravens-psl-holders/

I take the Ravens and the NFL at face value when they said they hadn't seen the video before TMZ released it.

But their failure to get the video speaks volumes about their inability to find out what really happened from the beginning.

Refresh my memory, please.  It wasn't in question that he struck her prior to the release of the video, was it?  If so, was it really necessary to see a video to get a sense of the situation.  As I said earlier, watch an MMA fight and pretend the loser has breasts.

Archived