Rookie mini camp photos

Great article about Niang. Told you chiefsinsider is an ass clown. 

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/5/16/22439158/andy-reid-says-lucas-niang-is-in-better-shape-than-than-he-was-in-2020

"He actually came in better shape than he probably was last year,” noted the head coach. “That’s a plus. You know he’s been doing stuff. So he came in — and it looked like he got right back into it. For what we asked him to do, he was fine.”

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

I think the Speaks experiment got everyone a bit tipsy about Niang. I'm worried myself but would prefer to see what happens during TC. However Veach should be keeping in touch with Schwartz just in case. 

In case what?  In case Niang eats a cheeseburger?  

Niang looks pretty much how he did in college.  

Now if the plan is to not move on and sign Schwartz instead, that's fine.  But it wouldn't be because some of y'all are just now realizing Niang has a gut.  It would be because Schwartz is an all pro and still the best technician at right tackle in the NFL.  And likely also that he took a team friendly contract way less than he's worth. 

8 hours ago, Palangi said:

The offseason over reactions are always great.  And anybody that listens to the assclown that is @chiefsinsider should just stop being a chiefs fan.  That dude hasn't had inside info forever.  He's burned bridges with the organization.  

Man the old days of Scout and his “inside payment threads”. Lol

5 hours ago, xen said:

Now if the plan is to not move on and sign Schwartz instead, that's fine.  But it wouldn't be because some of y'all are just now realizing Niang has a gut.  It would be because Schwartz is an all pro and still the best technician at right tackle in the NFL.  And likely also that he took a team friendly contract way less than he's worth. 

Amen and it’s just way to early to really know.  I mean heck I guess a person could say “well the reports are he looks better this camp than last years and because he looked so bad last years camp he played the COVID opt out card to try and get in better shape.”  I personally don’t believe that and think he will be our starting RT and Schwartz could still join us if he struggles 

6 hours ago, xen said:

Not sure about how much his tits were bouncing in college, didn't really know he existed until we drafted him. However it's always better to be on the safe side, a rookie coming out of an injury with a big gut after over a year removed from football is always a question mark until he proves otherwise.

7 hours ago, sith13 said:

Not sure about how much his tits were bouncing in college, didn't really know he existed until we drafted him. However it's always better to be on the safe side, a rookie coming out of an injury with a big gut after over a year removed from football is always a question mark until he proves otherwise.

Interesting that you are focused on a man's tits?

And unless that is his body type. 

It amazed me how his trainer,  head coach,  and himself say he is in good shape yet so many want to freak out and question it.  

Life must be fun with you guys.  Half empty. 

36 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I feel bad for those that wasted money to Nick.  He was always a clown

He still calls himself an insider too. He hasn't had any sources since Herm was here. He literally takes info that any of us could find on the internet, then posts it on Twitter like it's being fed to him from someone inside the building. 

8 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

He still calls himself an insider too. He hasn't had any sources since Herm was here. He literally takes info that any of us could find on the internet, then posts it on Twitter like it's being fed to him from someone inside the building. 

The sad thing is that he was getting people to pay for that shit

My thoughts on Niang are that we can’t depend on him. He is not dedicated to football. This is only an opinion based on what I have seen from him. 

One would think his dream came true by joining an NFL team. One that had just won the Super Bowl. One whose biggest weakness was on Oline. You had a great chance to start at guard in front of the greatest QB prospect to ever play. You were the Vegas favorite to play in and win a Super Bowl. And you opt out of your rookie season to see your team lose because of Oline deficiencies. 

He said at mini camp that he didn’t know much about the disease and made the decision based on long term health. It was purely based on his personal health, not older family members. This is perplexing to me. The NFL is not a career choice conducive to long term health priorities. Does he retire if he gets a concussion or blows out a knee? Would the same logic not apply?

Everyone gets to decide if they opt out and I support that, but I do think it speaks to his drive to be an elite player. I could be wrong, but not be shocked if he is out of the league in 3 years do to health concerns. 

24 minutes ago, DieHard said:

My thoughts on Niang are that we can’t depend on him. He is not dedicated to football. This is only an opinion based on what I have seen from him. 

One would think his dream came true by joining an NFL team. One that had just won the Super Bowl. One whose biggest weakness was on Oline. You had a great chance to start at guard in front of the greatest QB prospect to ever play. You were the Vegas favorite to play in and win a Super Bowl. And you opt out of your rookie season to see your team lose because of Oline deficiencies. 

He said at mini camp that he didn’t know much about the disease and made the decision based on long term health. It was purely based on his personal health, not older family members. This is perplexing to me. The NFL is not a career choice conducive to long term health priorities. Does he retire if he gets a concussion or blows out a knee? Would the same logic not apply?

Everyone gets to decide if they opt out and I support that, but I do think it speaks to his drive to be an elite player. I could be wrong, but not be shocked if he is out of the league in 3 years do to health concerns. 

Maybe he was worried about getting it and dying since we didn't know much then? This way he was able to stay healthy,  get his hip healthy,  so that he could have a long productive career. 

I don't get your judgements at all.  Why hate to hate? There is enough of that in this country.  But go on and judge Sunstone you don't know and make wild aspirations. It is anonymous and a message board I guess. 

57 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Interesting that you are focused on a man's tits?

And unless that is his body type. 

It amazed me how his trainer,  head coach,  and himself say he is in good shape yet so many want to freak out and question it.  

Life must be fun with you guys.  Half empty. 

Could be his body type but sure isn't one that inspires confidence. He could be a star lineman for all we know but due to some bad experiences with Chiefs rookies in the past I can't help but be skeptical about his shape. 

Until 2 years ago football life was full empty for me 🙄

30 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Maybe he was worried about getting it and dying since we didn't know much then? This way he was able to stay healthy,  get his hip healthy,  so that he could have a long productive career. 

I don't get your judgements at all.  Why hate to hate? There is enough of that in this country.  But go on and judge Sunstone you don't know and make wild aspirations. It is anonymous and a message board I guess. 

Todd is not anonymous as most here have met him.. you on the other hand get to enjoy the hiding in the dark  and the free ride. Todd  does not hate and I agree with his statement. Niagn's dedication until proven other wise has to be in question and I hope he shows up in spades. After all this is the Show Me state  and he has shown zilch ,nada ,nothing 

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

Well here's there now, and that's all that matters. I understand your point and I shared a similar opinion when he opted out. But now that the disease killed over half a million people it's kind of hard to question his decision to quarantine.

There was a lot of people I work with that stayed home and worked remotely as long as they were allowed when others like us were face to face with patients nearly the entire time Covid was rampant. It freaks people the fuck out. The unknown scares people. 

And no, I don't think the same logic applies here. He opted out so he COULD come back healthy and was thinking long term. I don't think it's a sign he is unreliable. He may not love the game, but as the years go by its becoming more and more known that a lot of players don't. They do it because they are good at it, and it allows them to make a lot of money and ensures their families never have to worry financially.

I agree what we've seen so far doesn't show a player who seems passionate about the game. But I also don't think it means he's going to retire after his first concussion. And he IS being relied upon. The staff is relying on him to solidify RT long term. Gut or no gut.

52 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I did not mean to hate on anyone. I simply said that if he is very worried about his health, he may simply find this game to be not worth the risk. And as I said, it is just a feeling. An opinion. I hope he starts and becomes an all pro. Sorry for having an opinion.

54 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Judge Sunstone...he replaced judge Wapner on "The People's Court" didn't he?

3 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Well here's there now, and that's all that matters. I understand your point and I shared a similar opinion when he opted out. But now that the disease killed over half a million people it's kind of hard to question his decision to quarantine.

There was a lot of people I work with that stayed home and worked remotely as long as they were allowed when others like us were face to face with patients nearly the entire time Covid was rampant. It freaks people the fuck out. The unknown scares people. 

And no, I don't think the same logic applies here. He opted out so he COULD come back healthy and was thinking long term. I don't think it's a sign he is unreliable. He may not love the game, but as the years go by its becoming more and more known that a lot of players don't. They do it because they are good at it, and it allows them to make a lot of money and ensures their families never have to worry financially.

I agree what we've seen so far doesn't show a player who seems passionate about the game. But I also don't think it means he's going to retire after his first concussion. And he IS being relied upon. The staff is relying on him to solidify RT long term. Gut or no gut.

Very well said. I really hope I am mistaken. 

Chiefs' website has great interviews with all the rookies and Andy Reid....definitively worth listening to the players speak.

I am not sure about Niang and his decision to opt out last year.

That said, he comes off as a tough SOB in his interview. 

Also, Smith seems like an awesome kid...

I'll be rooting for all of them.

w

He took last year off, which gained us a year to help him with the playback and also for him to heal. I am sure Reid and company were fine with this. He may not have the body type of a physical specimen but he is large and still moves well. Come training camp time we will see how he does but until then body shaming him or saying he was a detriment to the team for opting out is silly.

3 minutes ago, West said:

Chiefs' website has great interviews with all the rookies and Andy Reid....definitively worth listening to the players speak.

I am not sure about Niang and his decision to opt out last year.

That said, he comes off as a tough SOB in his interview. 

Also, Smith seems like an awesome kid...

I'll be rooting for all of them.

w

Agree about Smith.  He seems determined to take advantage of his opportunity.  Niang didn't come across well when questioned (twice) about his reasons for opting out.  Probably doesn't mean anything and he's maybe not at ease if front of the mike. We'll know in TC how interested he is.