Rookie mini camp photos

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

I did not mean to hate on anyone. I simply said that if he is very worried about his health, he may simply find this game to be not worth the risk. And as I said, it is just a feeling. An opinion. I hope he starts and becomes an all pro. Sorry for having an opinion.

We don't really know his medicals.   He could have sickle cell or some other condition that increases risk.  Heck for that matter all the fatties were high risk just due to weight.  Just because the guy was worried about covid doesn't mean it's a condition that would impede him from playing in normal years.

Just my 2 cents.  Personally I don't think an opt out is indicative of how much a guy cares about the sport.

1 hour ago, xen said:

We don't really know his medicals.   He could have sickle cell or some other condition that increases risk.  Heck for that matter all the fatties were high risk just due to weight.  Just because the guy was worried about covid doesn't mean it's a condition that would impede him from playing in normal years.

Just my 2 cents.  Personally I don't think an opt out is indicative of how much a guy cares about the sport.

As long as he plays with a boo boo, I will be happy. 

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Todd is not anonymous as most here have met him.. you on the other hand get to enjoy the hiding in the dark  and the free ride. Todd  does not hate and I agree with his statement. Niagn's dedication until proven other wise has to be in question and I hope he shows up in spades. After all this is the Show Me state  and he has shown zilch ,nada ,nothing 

Captain save a buddy. 

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Well here's there now, and that's all that matters. I understand your point and I shared a similar opinion when he opted out. But now that the disease killed over half a million people it's kind of hard to question his decision to quarantine.

There was a lot of people I work with that stayed home and worked remotely as long as they were allowed when others like us were face to face with patients nearly the entire time Covid was rampant. It freaks people the fuck out. The unknown scares people. 

And no, I don't think the same logic applies here. He opted out so he COULD come back healthy and was thinking long term. I don't think it's a sign he is unreliable. He may not love the game, but as the years go by its becoming more and more known that a lot of players don't. They do it because they are good at it, and it allows them to make a lot of money and ensures their families never have to worry financially.

I agree what we've seen so far doesn't show a player who seems passionate about the game. But I also don't think it means he's going to retire after his first concussion. And he IS being relied upon. The staff is relying on him to solidify RT long term. Gut or no gut.

Very well said. 

I don't mind his decision at all as we get 4 years with this guy on a rookie deal along with Trey Smith and Creed which is going to be huge after we pay Brown. 

I did think his responses were short and defensive when they didn't need to be short or defensive.   He had to have known he was going to be asked about it and should have put just a second worth of thought into an answer.   One good answer on his part would have probably stopped the 3 follow up questions because he kept giving vague answers.   But who cares at this point.  He is here and I have high hopes for him!

7 hours ago, Palangi said:

Now we are criticizing him on his answers and his comfortability in front of press and cameras

He didn't appear nervous.   He appeared uncomfortable with his own decision to opt out because he was scared.   He didn't opt out for family or friends he opted out because he was scared and didn't know enough about the "disease".   Look I don't care what his reasons are.  I didn't bash him for opting out.  He got healthy and we get him for 4 years.   I just think if you make a decision own it and don't act so defensive/short about it.   I didn't get the vibe anyone was trying to grill him about it they just wanted to know why he did it.   Damien Williams did it for his mom.   It's reasonable to think he might have done it for someone like that.   

48 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Aren't you guys glad we didn't draft this guy? He is out of shape. I can't believe a small school rookie would show up to camp so out of shape.

I just hope his interview skills are on point....

If I didn't know better your related to Lucas or maybe Man boobs is a touchy subject for you.

7 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

If I didn't know better your related to Lucas or maybe Man boobs is a touchy subject for you.

Why because I'm not bashing him? 

Because I'm not jumping to conclusions? 

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings not joining your in crowd. 

Could of easily been that Chiefs told him to answer the COVID questions short and sweet and move on.....so he did.  I think the biggest take away is that Reid said he looks better this offseason than last so meh let’s just see how he does.

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

Aren't you guys glad we didn't draft this guy? He is out of shape. I can't believe a small school rookie would show up to camp so out of shape.

I just hope his interview skills are on point....

I really don’t see a out of shape OL player in those pictures.  Honestly it looks like he could add a few pounds meh

19 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I'd hardly say we were bashing him over his interview.  Pointing out he was short and sounded defensive is such harsh criticism.  And not all of us who pointed this out believed he came in over weight and out of shape.   I for one am excited about Niang and think he is going to be a stud....but by all means continue.

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

My feelings not hurt at all. But by your many responses on the subject it seems to be the case for you.