2 hours ago, Dan4pres said:

Your extra point argument is borderline ridiculous. The fact of the matter is Jones made two incredible plays by knocking down easy 3rd down conversions that would have most likely put the game away. If Clark doesn't apply pressure on the last 4th down play, maybe SF converts and they go down to score a TD. The defense made plays all day in that SB. If they hadn't, the narrative would be that the vaunted Chiefs offense stunk it up in two consecutive SBs. The Chiefs made stops after consecutive Mahomes picks. Against the really good teams (and to get where you want to go) you need to be good on both sides of the football. If you can't recognize the defense's role in that SB, I don't think any rational conversation can be had with you. 

NO I agree that you need some form of D and have said many times that our top O in the NFL doesn't need a top D but getting Spags and going from 30-32 ranked D to around the middle of the road was exactly what we needed.

I will never agree with anyone saying our D won us that SB.  To think otherwise I'd also say "I don't think any rational conversation can be had with you".

Go back and watch the game.  49ers O started to play different because our OFFENSE started to get hot.  Our Hot Offense forced them to stop running and gave time for our pass rushers to do what they do.  YES I will agree our D had some great plays in the game but even if Jones and Clark had twice as many big plays we still lose the game if Mahomes and the O didn't pull their heads out of the sand from trailing 20-10 going into the 4th and score 21 unanswered points to win!  Yes the D helped but it was teh O that made that happen and in my mind after watching the game multiple times....it was the O getting hot that made the 49ers O change game plans allowing our pass rushers more time to make plays.  That's my opinion 

Opinions are like elbows....everyone has a couple

15 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Curious if there a chance Julio isn't moved and if we could hold until trade deadline. Could be a move that puts us over the top at that point and not liable for 1/4 of his salary. 

I think with Julio coming out and saying he is gone from Atlanta and that he requested a trade before the draft a plan with him playing half the season and not getting traded before the deadline will probably not happen.  Who knows though

11 hours ago, Dan4pres said:

Veach is smart guy. He has created cap space for a reason. I personally think it is for a defensive piece. Some team will overpay for Julio, and I think Veach learned his lesson with Sammy. He may very well pick up a veteran WR, just don’t think that it will be Julio. He’d be fun to watch, but I’d much prefer signing someone who would wipe the smirk off of Brady’s face...with repeated beatings. If they get Julio, I will root him on and pray he stays healthy.

Could be but with Veach offering JuJu $11M in free agency I just think he still wants to get a #2 WR for Mahomes.  He also had Ingram in for a visit already and let him leave.  We can only assume it was a money issue thus saying Veach isn't looking to spend very much on a vet pass rusher and getting that #2 WR is more important "Financially" 

7 hours ago, sith13 said:

As long as Fitzgerald is unemployed he's the best player to pick up for the Chiefs IMO. Mahomes and the chase for a ring will give him that extra physical boost for a year and he doesn't need anything else to contribute in KC. He could easily surpass and and possibly double his 2020 performance 

I agree that he would be the best #2 on the team but still not on Julio's level or even close to his level at this point.  Again..Fitz would be a vet min going after a SB signing, SO why not both Julio and Fitz?  Fitz signs a 1 year vet min and gives us a great rotation guy while our young guys keep learning.

5 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I go back and forth on this.  It would be so much fun watching JJ in this offense and it would take pressure off of Kelce and Hill but at some point we have to develop those #2/#3 wr's because we can't afford to pay everyone.  Plus we have addressed wr through a variety of channels.  We drafted a good looking guy, we grabbed a troubled vet in Callaway and we brought back the two guys who know this offense and with whom we won 14 games last year.    I don't think Larry at this stage gives you the same juice of JJ but he also doesn't require we mortgage a lot of picks for it either.   Plus there are going to be some vets cut that will give you some juice in a few weeks so I'm pretty sure Veach is gonna wait this out.  Maybe every team is and force the Falcons to cut or trade him for something reasonable like OT mentioned a more reasonable 4th/5th.   

As far as DE, which I think the biggest need on the team atm, CJ was working out there during OTA's.  I still would like to wait out a guy like Ingram/Houston and bring in a vet that has 10 sack potential.    

Finally, Tyreek Hill is gonna be expensive to resign this time around and he is coming up for a new contract, plus we won't be able to keep resigning these DB's to one year deals nor the wr's so those picks people throw around as currency to get JJ could be wisely used to address WR, DB, LB, S.   

With all that said....dang it would be fun to watch this offense with JJ!!!!

I still think Hardman was drafted because there was a good chance that Hill got suspended and or cut from the team.  I think our young guys besides our rookie Cornell Powell(Lets see what he can do) are just not #1 or #2 WR types.  one of the main reasons our O is so good is because we have elite talent at WR and TE making it hard for teams to focus on just 1 player.  This allows a guy like Watkins to get very nice looks but of course could just not stay on the field.  I don't believe Hardman or anyone else on our roster is a TRUE #2 to play that role.  Veach/Reid want two #1 type skill WRs with examples being Watkins and then going after JuJu(Reid even spent time sending super bowl trophy picks to JUJU to try and get him to sign haha).  

I hate to think what will happen if Hill or Kelce go down.  Julio would help give us insurance and give Mahomes by far the best WR combo he has ever had.

But yes it all comes down to compensation and if Veach is willing to give away picks/players to make it happen.

2 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

if they were to ask for a pick (say a 1st) basically that ends up being a high 2nd rounder,  probably still not worth it

Just saw an article on ESPN that reports are that he will probably be traded as early as next week and that a team has in fact offered a "Future 1st rounder".  Not sure if that means a 2022 1st or maybe a 2023 1st.  I just don't see a mid to high round pick team making that offer and sounds more like a Patriots or 49ers type of offer.  Getting interesting 

9 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

I know we disagree on this topic, Balto, but I like your passion. Hopefully no hard feelings, bud.

Never!  Just don't become a Ravens fan and decide to come here every day and talk smack.....

End of the day I know we both have KC Chiefs best interest at heart and just want to WIN!!!!!

2 hours ago, Balto said:

Just saw an article on ESPN that reports are that he will probably be traded as early as next week and that a team has in fact offered a "Future 1st rounder".  Not sure if that means a 2022 1st or maybe a 2023 1st.  I just don't see a mid to high round pick team making that offer and sounds more like a Patriots or 49ers type of offer.  Getting interesting 

Wow, a first is way too steep. More power to em though,  whoever it is.  Sounds like a Raiders move. 

25 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Wow, a first is way too steep. More power to em though,  whoever it is.  Sounds like a Raiders move. 

It does sound like a Raiders thing to do.  I'd LOVE Julio but just not sure how I'd feel about a 1st rounder.  Would much rather give even a 2nd+Hardman.  I really like those end of 1st round picks.  Opens up a lot of trade abilities in the draft for Value.

2 hours ago, mex said:

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Man, I'd take a deal like that.  

Hmmmm 

Browns trade a 3rd rounder to KC for more fire power to get Julio so thief fan base can stop.  DEAL

10 hours ago, Balto said:

I think that was leaked by the Falcons.  I don't think anyone has come close to offering a 1st considering they have to assume that contract.   He's a great player but he's coming off an injury plagued season and he is 32.   For that to be worth it you need 2 above avg years and both healthy to warrant the cost of picks and salary.   

7 hours ago, Balto said:

It does sound like a Raiders thing to do.  I'd LOVE Julio but just not sure how I'd feel about a 1st rounder.  Would much rather give even a 2nd+Hardman.  I really like those end of 1st round picks.  Opens up a lot of trade abilities in the draft for Value.

why do you want to trade hardman so bad?

8 hours ago, robgar said:

why do you want to trade hardman so bad?

7 hours ago, sith13 said:

Because Fisher is gone 🙄

Lol good one....but honesty it’s kinda the same line of thought.  Hardman hasn’t shown to be a true #1 or even #2 and is more of a gadget type for this team.  I think he will want more than Veach will offer after his rookie deal is up soon.  So I think if he is used in a trade for something this team really needs like a #2 WR or pass rusher we should do it.

I just don’t see him on this team long term unless Veach overpays and we are stuck with him as our #2 WR because of the contract.

31 minutes ago, Balto said:

Lol good one....but honesty it’s kinda the same line of thought.  Hardman hasn’t shown to be a true #1 or even #2 and is more of a gadget type for this team.  I think he will want more than Veach will offer after his rookie deal is up soon.  So I think if he is used in a trade for something this team really needs like a #2 WR or pass rusher we should do it.

I just don’t see him on this team long term unless Veach overpays and we are stuck with him as our #2 WR because of the contract.

At this point Hardman is actually playing to get a veteran contract as he hasn't shown anything more than a vet minimum so far. I would love to trade him for any second day pick if a team is willing to give us one and a 4th isn't a bad option either but with the WR depth we have in town I think hanging on to him for another year makes more sense unless we can land some decent options in FA over the summer.

That being said I think he's closer to being cut than traded for most NFL GMs right now and not really a viable trade asset. 

22 hours ago, oldtimer said:

define reasonable

In my mind a 30 + WR who basically pretends to be injured every year to skip training camp and a couple games a year with a hefty salary isn’t worth the 1st round pick most do. I think a 3rd is more than fair but wont get the deal done. I would personally offer a third, ldt, and hardman and see if that gets the deal done, if not move on with life. 

if i was GM I actually wouldn’t pursue this and try to make a move mod season when julio may come cheap or some team is having a bad year and decides to sell. For instance what if the bears start 1 and 5 or something and try to get a mid round pick for allen robinson as a half year rental 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

At this point Hardman is actually playing to get a veteran contract as he hasn't shown anything more than a vet minimum so far. I would love to trade him for any second day pick if a team is willing to give us one and a 4th isn't a bad option either but with the WR depth we have in town I think hanging on to him for another year makes more sense unless we can land some decent options in FA over the summer.

That being said I think he's closer to being cut than traded for most NFL GMs right now and not really a viable trade asset. 

At this point, Hardman seems to be strictly a slot receiver but he might learn to be a good one and become Mahomes third option.  Maybe a summer of working in OTAs and mini camp will get him on the same page and he'll be worth keeping.  How good was Joe Horn his first two seasons in the NFL?  One thing is almost sure.  This is a make or break year for Hardman.  If he get his head straightened out, he'll help the team.  If not, he will probably be gone. 

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

At this point, Hardman seems to be strictly a slot receiver but he might learn to be a good one and become Mahomes third option.  Maybe a summer of working in OTAs and mini camp will get him on the same page and he'll be worth keeping.  How good was Joe Horn his first two seasons in the NFL?  One thing is almost sure.  This is a make or break year for Hardman.  If he get his head straightened out, he'll help the team.  If not, he will probably be gone. 

Right now seeing what he can do with a full year of predetermined role is probably much better than just giving him up for pennies as the risk will easily justify the return based on his current market value. 

his head straightened out? His head is straight.. his production his first year, was pretty decent for a first year reciever.. 

for no offseason program, etc last year.. he did reasonably well. 

this is his third year, lets find out what he has. I bet you a beer, that its a hell of a lot more than you think. 

because he is saying, and doing the right things.