4 hours ago, robgar said:

his head straightened out? His head is straight.. his production his first year, was pretty decent for a first year reciever.. 

for no offseason program, etc last year.. he did reasonably well. 

this is his third year, lets find out what he has. I bet you a beer, that its a hell of a lot more than you think. 

because he is saying, and doing the right things. 

Yeah, there's hope that he will come around.  He has to get on the same page as Mahomes, run crisp routes even when he isn't the primary, and finish plays when they break down.  It's not a matter of ability, it's willingness to learn, attitude, and desire.  Even if he becomes a solid slot receiver, the Chiefs still need an X and Powell in the fifth probably isn't it, at least for this year.  But I don't want Julio if it costs them a high draft choice and busts the cap.  $208.5 million next year will still be tight.  

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

Yeah, there's hope that he will come around.  He has to get on the same page as Mahomes, run crisp routes even when he isn't the primary, and finish plays when they break down.  It's not a matter of ability, it's willingness to learn, attitude, and desire.  Even if he becomes a solid slot receiver, the Chiefs still need an X and Powell in the fifth probably isn't it, at least for this year.  But I don't want Julio if it costs them a high draft choice and busts the cap.  $208.5 million next year will still be tight.  

Currently projected for 186M not including possible cap casualties like Hitch

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Yes but that's just the ceiling.  Won't know the floor til probably next offseason.

NFLPA borrowed money for last year so has to pay it back.  

I would think with full crowds in at least 30 stadiums they'll get close to that ceiling but who knows until the new TV contracts kick in.

5 hours ago, Balto said:

Wow it is crazy that like every teams media and fan base seem to be talking rumors of a Julio trade.

Not much else to talk about, him or Rogers... only really drama until camp. Guess is rather hear them regurgitate these stories than have to hear about the NBA lol.

Just saw a report that Wilson has been talking with Julio about Seattle and that the report of Atlanta having a “future” 1st round pick offer on the tables makes sense because Seattle doesn’t have a 2022 1st sooo the “future” 1st would of course be 2023.  Seems Falcons might be looking for a 2022 1st or 2nd instead.

At 32 Jones is about to make the switch to the high priced former star if he hasn't done that already. I don't expect him to put up better numbers than 2nd tier FAs that warrant less money. May be he could make sense for some teams in 2021 but beyond that it's just an unnecessary risk with limited upside. Anything higher than a 3rd is overkill IMO and his contract may very well be a burden instead of an advantage depending on how the cap will turn out. 

12 hours ago, sith13 said:

At 32 Jones is about to make the switch to the high priced former star if he hasn't done that already. I don't expect him to put up better numbers than 2nd tier FAs that warrant less money. May be he could make sense for some teams in 2021 but beyond that it's just an unnecessary risk with limited upside. Anything higher than a 3rd is overkill IMO and his contract may very well be a burden instead of an advantage depending on how the cap will turn out. 

His cap can’t be a burden.  The ONLY cap number to figure out is this years $15M.  He will then only have $2M guaranteed going forward.  

So 2021 cap hit + trade compensation is only factors 

46 minutes ago, Balto said:

His cap can’t be a burden.  The ONLY cap number to figure out is this years $15M.  He will then only have $2M guaranteed going forward.  

So 2021 cap hit + trade compensation is only factors 

No team would be giving up a pick to let him go after a year. So they would basically be in for the long haul but I think a similar production can be had for cheaper with a younger player. 

Most everyone would be disappointed, I'm afraid. We need to keep and pay our proven stars.

If we are going to pick up a few expensive FA's, they need to be proven and mid-career at the latest, not late career and too expensive. We need to get at least three good years out of them, maybe four. Pay Breeland instead.

9 hours ago, sith13 said:

No team would be giving up a pick to let him go after a year. So they would basically be in for the long haul but I think a similar production can be had for cheaper with a younger player. 

I disagree and believe Julio still has top 5 WR in him.  

51 minutes ago, Balto said:

I disagree and believe Julio still has top 5 WR in him.  

I think the issues is his WR ranking after this year. I don't doubt most people would think Julio is a solid WR for 2021 but his contract has 2 more years with a decent amount of money. If he's not worth his remaining contract the trade would be a 1-year rental lowering the value, if he's actually worth keeping for all 3 then his contract shouldn't even be a discussion. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

I think the issues is his WR ranking after this year. I don't doubt most people would think Julio is a solid WR for 2021 but his contract has 2 more years with a decent amount of money. If he's not worth his remaining contract the trade would be a 1-year rental lowering the value, if he's actually worth keeping for all 3 then his contract shouldn't even be a discussion. 

$10M is not very much at all.

Wish we would hear about a new contract for HB or Hill/Mahomes restructuring.  Would give me hope for Julio.  Veach has paid his #2 WR $20M.....Veach has tried this offseason to get a $10M+ #2 WR.  It’s obviously a concern and importance to Veach and I believe he would go all out for Julio if he can get the cap figured out before the Falcons start asking for best offers from teams.

4 hours ago, mex said:

Remember when the Chiefs had a really good player or two every year who just wanted out so that they could play with a winning team? The same kinds of stories would go around, and teams would laugh and then take us for a ride on a deal. We would mostly not hear these stories, only that someone wanted out.  It was no fun.  Watched it off and on for decades.  Now WE get to laugh.  I like it much better this way.

Julio is not “slowing down” according to the numbers below he is still averaging near 3 yards per route.  He was actually doing better in 2020 before his injury than his 2019 season.  Julio is still on pace to break Jerry Rice’s record in yards.

hermsmeyer-JULIO-06xx-1.png?w=1400

Julio is also still running at elite 20+ mph routes.  You see the hamstring injury last year held him back a little but the guy still played through pain unlike Watkins that would sit for a broken fingernail.  Julio still showing no signs of drop off in speed.

hermsmeyer-JULIO-06xx-2.png?w=1400

Go get him Veach!

Starting to read rumors that Julio is looking for a new contract from what ever team trades for him.  If true, Chiefs should drop out of the bidding because the largest benefit of a Julio Jones trades is his very new team friendly contract.  Take that sweet sweet contract away and I just don't like the idea of paying him an average of $18M a year over 4 years(just guessing what he will be asking for).  Heck even a deal that he averages $15M a year is still not great and it just doesn't seem like Julio is at the point where he is going to sign a team friendly NEW deal to chase a Ring.  If this is true I see the market and trade compensation changing a lot.

7 hours ago, Balto said:

Starting to read rumors that Julio is looking for a new contract from what ever team trades for him.  If true, Chiefs should drop out of the bidding because the largest benefit of a Julio Jones trades is his very new team friendly contract.  Take that sweet sweet contract away and I just don't like the idea of paying him an average of $18M a year over 4 years(just guessing what he will be asking for).  Heck even a deal that he averages $15M a year is still not great and it just doesn't seem like Julio is at the point where he is going to sign a team friendly NEW deal to chase a Ring.  If this is true I see the market and trade compensation changing a lot.

This guy is beginning to sound like poison for the locker room atmosphere.  Not because of his personality, but because he seems to be more about cashing in than winning. I hope we don't sign him.