22 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

This guy is beginning to sound like poison for the locker room atmosphere.  Not because of his personality, but because he seems to be more about cashing in than winning. I hope we don't sign him.

At this point in their Careers a lot of players are about getting what is best for themselves, must be the thought that even if they never get a SB then they still have millions of Dollars in the bank to count and soothe their shattered dreams...again, this has Raiders written all over it. Hope the chiefs don't have anything to do with him and his ego

At this age he should be happy to collect whatever his current contract entitles. Historically he has been a durable guy, playing through various injuries but he started to miss time and the production will be going down with age. May be he wants the same amount all guaranteed but regardless he's likely raising red flags for GMs. 

Patrick Mahomes complimented WR Cornell Powell's contested catch ability during Kansas City's OTAs. 

Mahomes described Powell, the team's fifth round pick out of Clemson, as a "beast." "He's big out there, running across the field and making some big catches in some tough, contested spots," Mahomes said. The aged rookie, who enters the NFL at 24, had an excellent final year at Clemson, catching 53 passes for 882 yards and seven touchdowns in 2020. Powell last year had four receptions of at least 50 yards and at least one 20-yard reception in seven of his final eight games. Playing time could be hard to come by for Powell in 2021, though injuries or struggles among the Chiefs' tertiary wideouts could give the rookie a shot at fantasy relevance in KC's high-powered offense. 

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Patrick Mahomes complimented WR Cornell Powell's contested catch ability during Kansas City's OTAs. 

Mahomes described Powell, the team's fifth round pick out of Clemson, as a "beast." "He's big out there, running across the field and making some big catches in some tough, contested spots," Mahomes said. The aged rookie, who enters the NFL at 24, had an excellent final year at Clemson, catching 53 passes for 882 yards and seven touchdowns in 2020. Powell last year had four receptions of at least 50 yards and at least one 20-yard reception in seven of his final eight games. Playing time could be hard to come by for Powell in 2021, though injuries or struggles among the Chiefs' tertiary wideouts could give the rookie a shot at fantasy relevance in KC's high-powered offense. 

As long as he doesn't run backwards, winding the ball around with one hand like a windmill then he should be fine.

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

STOP IT!  I will not be sucked into how elite our WRs are in OTAs because of super man catches...Year after Year!  HAHA

I'll tell you what, Balt.  Patrick Mahomes has gigantic influence on who gets to play.  If he develops chemistry with this guy and tells Andy he wants him in there, he will be in there. Mahomes is the main guy who will determine who plays receiver.  You can count on that.

17 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I'll tell you what, Balt.  Patrick Mahomes has gigantic influence on who gets to play.  If he develops chemistry with this guy and tells Andy he wants him in there, he will be in there. Mahomes is the main guy who will determine who plays receiver.  You can count on that.

No doubt, I think Mahomes is the only reason we have Dieter still around. However I'm also fed up with the annual great reports about our young WRs showing up great at OTAs. There's also the no-name WR that we'll hear about in about a week that blows everyone's mind and gets cut by TC. 

4 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Holy shit he was 3 years older than most seniors. Didn't realize that.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Can he do linebackers?

1 hour ago, mex said:

Holy shit he was 3 years older than most seniors. Didn't realize that.

Well he is still 23 but will turn 24 in OCT.  He had a redshirt year because of academics issue.  Must of came into College at 18 but soon turned 19 in OCT and then had 5 years of college. 

I love how every site I look at shows Julio Jones being the missing piece to put (insert team name) over the top and the favorites!  Then with the Chiefs you see people talking about how we can't afford him and we have enough weapons already blah blah blah.  

If these so called professional sports writers think Julio can lift a team high enough where they can compete with us and the Bucs why wouldn't us getting Julio make us that much better? 

40 minutes ago, Balto said:

If these so called professional sports writers think Julio can lift a team high enough where they can compete with us and the Bucs why wouldn't us getting Julio make us that much better? 

Professional sports writers are hired to be entertaining, not prescient.  

8 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Dieter agrees 

7 hours ago, Balto said:

I love how every site I look at shows Julio Jones being the missing piece to put (insert team name) over the top and the favorites!  Then with the Chiefs you see people talking about how we can't afford him and we have enough weapons already blah blah blah.  

Using the same logic, why wouldn't any other team that wants to get better have signed him by now? Maybe those other teams have the same calculations we do. 32 years old.  Wants a lot of money. 

On 6/4/2021 at 8:50 PM, Fmbl2187 said:

Using the same logic, why wouldn't any other team that wants to get better have signed him by now? Maybe those other teams have the same calculations we do. 32 years old.  Wants a lot of money. 

You mean trade?  Falcons could easily be waiting for camp to try and maximize trade compensation.  Again, you mean trade?

Tyreek Hill on the #Chiefs potentially trading for All-Pro WR Julio Jones: “If I could play alongside Julio Jones, that would be amazing ... I used to be in high school when he was doing his thing at Alabama and I've been a fan ever since."

“If I could play alongside Julio Jones, that would be amazing,” Hill told The Kansas City Star. “I was in high school when he was doing his thing at Alabama, and I’ve been a fan ever since. How big he is, how fast he is and how dominant he is, we all know Julio is arguably the best in the game. If I’m able to play alongside Julio, I would love it.”

On 6/4/2021 at 10:50 PM, Fmbl2187 said:

If only he was available to be signed.

6 hours ago, Balto said:

You mean trade?  Falcons could easily be waiting for camp to try and maximize trade compensation.  Again, you mean trade?

I see what you are saying.  I was thinking he was a free agent. A trade of a couple of good players we have no room for would be worth it for a one-year weapon.  We would sure not pay him beyond that.  I am guessing the Chiefs would rather give reps to some of their young receivers to see if there is a long-term #2 among them. That's because the Chiefs have enough talent that they don't have to try to try for a single-shot at a championship before undertaking a re-build. The Chiefs will be a contender for championships for a long time. They are a "find the gems already hiding on your roster" type of team at present.

4 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

Julio has turned into Tender Foot Watkins as of late. He hasn't played a full season in over two years 

Good info.  I was unaware of that. That's too many negatives to even consider him IMO.