Nnadi underrated

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-s-most-underappreciated-players-jordan-poyer-courtland-sutton-alex-highsmith

list of most underrated player on each team.  This is an analytics writer fyi

Kansas City Chiefs
Derrick Nnadi
DT · 25 years old

As measured by how many yards an opposing rusher gained when running within 3 yards of a defensive player, Nnadi was king last season, shutting down ball carriers at the highest rate among all interior defenders. PFF gave him a 81.7 grade in run defense, one of the best marks among interior defenders. The fit between Nnadi and Chris Jones is pretty masterful, which lends credence to the thought that Chiefs GM Brett Veach is underrated. Jones earned PFF's second-highest pass-rush grade among interior defenders (93.1 -- only Aaron Donald posted a higher figure at 93.6). This DT duo is even more productive than the sum of the parts because Nnadi and Jones complement each other so well.

Nnadi has done a solid job. Nothing spectacular and I don’t think he gets a second contract. He is worth more than we likely want to spend for a slightly above average run stuffer with very little pass rush ability. Keeping Reed will likely be a higher priority.  I love the guy though. Maybe a hometown discount to stay?

12 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Nnadi has done a solid job. Nothing spectacular and I don’t think he gets a second contract. He is worth more than we likely want to spend for a slightly above average run stuffer with very little pass rush ability. Keeping Reed will likely be a higher priority.  I love the guy though. Maybe a hometown discount to stay?

I'm not really sure if Reed will be worth the contract he wants at 30. There's a very good chance that both Reed and Nnadi will leave after 2021. 

2 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

If I had a gripe about the defense, it would have been:

ILB, Neimann, and Frank Clark. Jones penalties that extend drives is his biggest problem. In the run game, the LBs are pretty critical. Our guys just seem to wiff or take bad angles.

And also just get flat out owned unfortunately. 

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

I'm not really sure if Reed will be worth the contract he wants at 30. There's a very good chance that both Reed and Nnadi will leave after 2021. 

It’s kind of nice having so many guys in a contract year. Even if it’s not there last year alarm are still on a contract year. Even Frank Clark saves us 12 mean by cutting him next year. He’s on the clock.It’s kind of nice having so many guys in a contract year. Even if it’s not there last year alarm are still on a contract year. Even Frank Clark saves us 12 mill by cutting him next year. He’s on the clock.

Clark hasn't lived up to his contract but still serviceable and unless there's a major cap problem I expect him to stay for another year while our early round DE pick rotates. Obviously it all depends on what our DEs like the rookie or Taco end up doing this year but needs in other positions might be bigger than replacing Clark and that includes the 2nd DE playing on the other side. 

Ranking all 32 NFL defensive line units ahead of the 2021 season | PFF

22. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Clearly, this is not where a team paying two defensive linemen north of $20 million would like to be ranked. Chris Jones has matched his contract with elite production. The only interior defensive linemen worth more wins above replacement than Jones last season were Aaron Donald and Cam Heyward.

Frank Clark, on the other hand, has not, earning PFF grades of 63.3 and 54.3 in his two seasons with the team. His inability to play up to the level he performed at in Seattle has left Kansas City thin along the defensive line beyond Jones, even after the team signed Jarran Reed this offseason.