This is the position that concerns me. I think we're set everywhere else. Gay didn't contribute much last year and when he finally started to show he got hurt. Hitchens is Hitchens...middle of the road. Nieman and O'Daniel are less than average. Smith & Harris? Don't think so. Unlike Gay, Bolton needs to contribute out of the gate. If HEALTHY, wouldn't mind taking a shot at Kwon Alexander. 

My opinion is that they drafted Gay to replace Wilson so they let him learn. They do that a lot with players. Draft ahead of need and give them a year. I think it’s same for Bolton. He should get more Mike snaps as the year goes on, but doubt he sees the field a lot in the beginning. Just a guess on my part.  I am not too worried about LB. we use more safeties than LBers. 

LB, DE, CB, and WR are kind of like son-in-laws.  Not what one would hope for,  but they'll have to do.  

I think Bolton will play a lot more than Gay did last season and Gay should benefit from a full off season plus his experience from last year.  He had played very little in college but has all the tools.  Hitchens played better last year than the year before but not worth the money.  They should be as good as last year and if Gay comes through, better.  

3 minutes ago, DieHard said:

My opinion is that they drafted Gay to replace Wilson so they let him learn. They do that a lot with players. Draft ahead of need and give them a year. I think it’s same for Bolton. He should get more Mike snaps as the year goes on, but doubt he sees the field a lot in the beginning. Just a guess on my part.  I am not too worried about LB. we use more safeties than LBers. 

It will be interesting to see if the UDFA from BYU can stick and maybe replace Sorenson some day.  He's about the same as Sorenson but a lot faster.  Played LB for a while but converted to safety and can cover better.  Guess all UDFAs look like possibilities until they don't.  

I almost feel like this season is Gay's rookie year.  No offseason and COVID crap has to be hard on a rookie let alone a LB.  Like others have said, Reid likes to bring rookies in slow and I actually think the arrow is pointing up for LBs with Gay and Bolton.

Not really worried.   Gay Was an upgrade last year even with his inexperience and lack of offseason.  Bolton has far more experience coming in.   The guys they should be replacing were horrible and we still made the SB the last two years with them starting.   It can’t get worse but it can get a whole lot better if nothing else by putting better and younger athletes on the field.  

3 hours ago, DieHard said:

Disagree.  Gay was drafted for the WIL.  Bolton will take over the MIKE by next year, maybe sooner.  Correia will probably be the SAM.  At least this year.

17 minutes ago, SEMO said:

Disagree.  Gay was drafted for the WIL.  Bolton will take over the MIKE by next year, maybe sooner.  Correia will probably be the SAM.  At least this year.

I guess we will see. I’ll be very surprised if we don’t see dirty Dan over there again this year.

2 hours ago, SEMO said:

More likely it's Bolton, Gay, and Hitchens in base with Bolton going to the bench when the Chiefs are in the nickel witch is most of the time.  Not sure what Correa's role will be. 

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

More likely it's Bolton, Gay, and Hitchens in base with Bolton going to the bench when the Chiefs are in the nickel witch is most of the time.  Not sure what Correa's role will be. 

I think Correa will be the SAM backer and used as a rush end in passing situations.  

Bolton will back up Hitchens and take over next year

Gay will start at WILL backed by DOD 

If like to see Darius Harris back up Correa at the SAM backer.  Knocking Neimann off the team

The LB core should be fine especially with only 2 of them on the field a majority of the team

36 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I think Correa will be the SAM backer and used as a rush end in passing situations.  

Bolton will back up Hitchens and take over next year

Gay will start at WILL backed by DOD 

If like to see Darius Harris back up Correa at the SAM backer.  Knocking Neimann off the team

The LB core should be fine especially with only 2 of them on the field a majority of the team

Low Key, Correa is a good signing.

1 hour ago, Dan4pres said:

Correa released. So much for that theory. Still hope we sign Ingram or Houston. I've also heard that Dallas is willing to part with Vander Esch. I know he's been injury prone but he has a good skill set. 

same was said about Watkins..no thank you

2 hours ago, Dan4pres said:

Correa released. So much for that theory. Still hope we sign Ingram or Houston. I've also heard that Dallas is willing to part with Vander Esch. I know he's been injury prone but he has a good skill set. 

I really liked him coming out of college.  If we can get him super cheap I'm all for taking a flyer.

3 hours ago, Dan4pres said:

Obviously he was threatening Neimann and his spot on the team.  And we can't have that

I'm not worried about LB as much as CB. I don't like Hitchens but that's primarily because he never lived up to his contract, still he's a serviceable player. Gay looked great in quite a few plays last year but never earned a spot for whatever reason. Bolton looks like a beast in his college tape. Overall I think we have 3 guys that could form up a solid group with a full offseason of working together. We still need some guys to come in as rotational pieces but at least there's starting level talent at LB. 

6 hours ago, sith13 said:

I'm not worried about LB as much as CB. I don't like Hitchens but that's primarily because he never lived up to his contract, still he's a serviceable player. Gay looked great in quite a few plays last year but never earned a spot for whatever reason. Bolton looks like a beast in his college tape. Overall I think we have 3 guys that could form up a solid group with a full offseason of working together. We still need some guys to come in as rotational pieces but at least there's starting level talent at LB. 

Reids son may have been an issue coaching this group. Glad he is replaced.

57 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Hitchens, Gay, and Bolton in base.  Hitchens and Gay in nickel.  Neiman should be converted to safety and traded to the Raiders. 

😂 A little off the subject, but it could be that in less than a decade, the Raiders will move again to another city.  The aquifer supplying Las Vegas is almost dry, and some say the city will cease to exist within the decade. I suppose the Raiders could change their helmets and wear those things Paul Atreides wore in "Dune." Maybe the team will change their name to "Worm signs."

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

The aquifer supplying Las Vegas is almost dry, and some say the city will cease to exist within the decade.

Vegas gets like 90% of their water from Lake Mead... and although the levels have been dropping due to Arizona, Utah, Nevada and California pulling more from the Colorado River every year, thankfully there's other options for Vegas. Not that I care about the fucking raiders.

My guess is, Phoenix puts more pressure on the supply than Vegas. Ever been to Phoenix? Danged near every house has a pool.  I ain't joking. You fly in over the neighborhoods, and 3 out of 4 homes have pools. So many, that in the heat of the summer, it gets fucking HUMID.  In the driest desert in the US. 

Vegas ain't going anywhere... but if AZ, CA, and NV are to get serious about water conservation, they'll be forced to reduce consumption one way or another so better to make those changes now so they aren't as drastic. 

2 hours ago, mex said:

Vegas gets like 90% of their water from Lake Mead... and although the levels have been dropping due to Arizona, Utah, Nevada and California pulling more from the Colorado River every year, thankfully there's other options for Vegas. Not that I care about the fucking raiders.

My guess is, Phoenix puts more pressure on the supply than Vegas. Ever been to Phoenix? Danged near every house has a pool.  I ain't joking. You fly in over the neighborhoods, and 3 out of 4 homes have pools. So many, that in the heat of the summer, it gets fucking HUMID.  In the driest desert in the US. 

Vegas ain't going anywhere... but if AZ, CA, and NV are to get serious about water conservation, they'll be forced to reduce consumption one way or another so better to make those changes now so they aren't as drastic. 

No doubt, if their supply is getting drained, the outcome will be the same.  Sounds like some NFL teams. 😀

6 hours ago, jetlord said:

Hitchens, Gay, and Bolton in base.  Hitchens and Gay in nickel.  Neiman should be converted to safety and traded to the Raiders. 

Interesting that you see a 3 lb set as the base. I feel like we stick with 2 lb and 3 safeties as our base. But I agree Hit h and Gay in the 2 lb sets. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Bolton is the starting Mike by mid November. 
Also surprised that the majority think Gay will be the Will. We don’t use a Will much. Seemed like he got reps at Sam last year and they let the starting Sam walk. Wouldn’t make much sense accept for few 3 lb area we use. Most of the time I think Dan is over there helping Ward on those short inside routes.