Orlando Brown crushes Tyreek

7 hours ago, Balto said:

So it looks like the OL was:

LT-Brown

LG-Thuney

OC-Creed

RG-Long

RT-Remmers

About what we'd expect unless Niang can show up ready or Long moves to RT and LDT starts at guard.  Trey and Niang have to earn their way in.  

1 hour ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Curious as to why LDT didn't show up for voluntary OTA. Figured opting out the year he'd show up just to get some light team work in his system, even if he is a vet

Could be he's working to get more internship in for his medical career.  Don't know where he is on that process.  Does his contract have a workout bonus like Jones and some of the others?  Either way, he'll be around to pick up his paycheck later this summer.  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Could be he's working to get more internship in for his medical career.  Don't know where he is on that process.  Does his contract have a workout bonus like Jones and some of the others?  Either way, he'll be around to pick up his paycheck later this summer.  

Normally he wouldn't get as many snaps as the newcomers but with a year off and not participating in the OTAs he's likely a backup this year unless he retires. Also from the Chiefs video Long looks like he came back to be the starter. 

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

Normally he wouldn't get as many snaps as the newcomers but with a year off and not participating in the OTAs he's likely a backup this year unless he retires. Also from the Chiefs video Long looks like he came back to be the starter. 

Another reason for LDT to skip OTAs is that it's still very tough to get back into Canada from the USA.  They still quarantine for 14 days last I heard.  Don't blame him for avoiding that hassle. 

21 hours ago, jetlord said:

Another reason for LDT to skip OTAs is that it's still very tough to get back into Canada from the USA.  They still quarantine for 14 days last I heard.  Don't blame him for avoiding that hassle. 

Definitely a concern. Not sure where his family lives but going back and forth will definitely be tough. 

Gotta be tough for LDT and I understand his reasoning but the NFL is very unforgiving and losing out of this chance to work with teammates can’t help his long term chances of cracking the starting lineup.    Missing last year just compounds it.   Again, I understand things are complicated but it definitely doesn’t help him.

5 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Remmers may have been a decent enough fill in at RT, but I’d love Niang or someone to beat him. He just screams overachieving backup quality.

If Niang isn't ready, how about Long at RT with LDT and later on Smith at RG?  

9 hours ago, Balto said:

Yup seems like his plan so far is to put minimum work into getting every last penny from his current contract and then retires

He was guaranteed this year regardless.   He doesn't have to do anything to earn his check.

On 6/7/2021 at 7:54 PM, jetlord said:

If Niang isn't ready, how about Long at RT with LDT and later on Smith at RG?  

I.m not so sure LDT won't be released.  If Long is back to form, especially.  LDT seems to be pretty committed to his medical career and didn't play that well in 2019.  I'm just not sure his heart is in it. Football is more of an avocation to him possibly. I've been thinking this for some time.

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I.m not so sure LDT won't be released.  If Long is back to form, especially.  LDT seems to be pretty committed to his medical career and didn't play that well in 2019.  I'm just not sure his heart is in it. Football is more of an avocation to him possibly. I've been thinking this for some time.

Could be wrong, but I think LDT gets paid whether released or not.  Also, he has a no trade clause so there's no value there.  Seems the Chiefs are stuck with him unless he takes a retirement settlement or at least they are stuck with his salary.  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Could be wrong, but I think LDT gets paid whether released or not.  Also, he has a no trade clause so there's no value there.  Seems the Chiefs are stuck with him unless he takes a retirement settlement or at least they are stuck with his salary.  

You're not wrong.  He gets paid either way.  If another position group needs more depth while people develop, like the secondary, there might not be enough room on the roster as a whole.  Don't get me wrong.  I think they would like to keep him this year as a depth piece with experience, but his days as a Chief are numbered. His medical profession is no doubt #1 to him, which is obvious from his decision last year. He may not even be able to admit it to himself, yet.  I loved playing music professionally, but it became #2 to medicine in 1969, and that was that. I kept playing some jazz as an avocation, to have fun, and not at a high level. It's probably analogous, but who knows what is in his mind? Maybe not even him...yet. Life moves on.

LDT gets paid regardless and after the disaster of 2020 they will likely ask him to stick around this year at least until the TC. I think he's a very good candidate to retire after TC and "decide" to return to the NFL during the season if needed assuming we actually have decent depth at OG. The more realistic scenario is that he'll be backing up Long before becoming a full time doctor in 2022 showing off 2 SB rings in the hospital. 

8 hours ago, sith13 said:

LDT gets paid regardless and after the disaster of 2020 they will likely ask him to stick around this year at least until the TC. I think he's a very good candidate to retire after TC and "decide" to return to the NFL during the season if needed assuming we actually have decent depth at OG. The more realistic scenario is that he'll be backing up Long before becoming a full time doctor in 2022 showing off 2 SB rings in the hospital. 

He should sit on the bench and collect his contract.  Agree, he's gone after this season.  The Chiefs have plenty of back up OGs and they'll keep LDT and Trey, Blythe, Niang, and one more.  It's going to be interesting to see if they can trade anyone for a future late pick.  

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

He should sit on the bench and collect his contract.  Agree, he's gone after this season.  The Chiefs have plenty of back up OGs and they'll keep LDT and Trey, Blythe, Niang, and one more.  It's going to be interesting to see if they can trade anyone for a future late pick.  

The biggest question mark for me is Niang, where does he end up and does he start or simply be a backup? Probably the most interesting OL pick we had until this year and we still don't know what we have in him.