43 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Yep.  We need to keep LDT now for sure.  Of course, anyone who thought that Kyle Long was an automatic starter on the O-line has been delusional since we acqired him and has been living in 2016-2018.  He came out of retirement, and he retired because of injuries.  He has been a long shot from the start. Maybe by midseason he can fill in on occasion...unless he retires again.

100% disagree and I’m certain that Long would of been a starter week 1 if he would of stayed healthy.  Not sure how that’s delusional as I believe most people would agree.

28 minutes ago, Balto said:

100% disagree and I’m certain that Long would of been a starter week 1 if he would of stayed healthy.  Not sure how that’s delusional as I believe most people would agree.

He has been running with the first unit. AKA "the starters." Nothing delusional about it. Nate Taylor has corroborated this. 

If anything this could open the door for Trey Smith to claim that spot. Just depends on Reids well documented loyalty to shitty players. I hope the SB was an eye opener for him, but he is notorious for making the same mistakes over and over because of said loyalty, and his inability to change things that are seemingly just written into his DNA.

We have a QB now that can win despite those shortcomings and almost anything else going on around him with coaching or players, buy the dude simply cannot block for himself. But no, LDT isn't going anywhere. And if I had to guess it will be LDT and Remmers manning the right side week 1, when the 2 more talented and deserving players are on the bench in Smith and Niang.

34 minutes ago, Balto said:

I don't think the skepticism about Long is based on talent, he has been a pro-bowl caliber player when healthy but the skepticism comes about the injuries as he hasn't been healthy for a season in quite a while. 

I believe a healthy Long will be our starter but the "healthy" part will always be a concern for him. 

38 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

He has been running with the first unit. AKA "the starters." Nothing delusional about it. Nate Taylor has corroborated this. 

If anything this could open the door for Trey Smith to claim that spot. Just depends on Reids well documented loyalty to shitty players. I hope the SB was an eye opener for him, but he is notorious for making the same mistakes over and over because of said loyalty, and his inability to change things that are seemingly just written into his DNA.

We have a QB now that can win despite those shortcomings and almost anything else going on around him with coaching or players, buy the dude simply cannot block for himself. But no, LDT isn't going anywhere. And if I had to guess it will be LDT and Remmers manning the right side week 1, when the 2 more talented and deserving players are on the bench in Smith and Niang.

We don't know yet that Smith and Niang are ready to start.  We can hope, but they still have to earn their positions.  

14 minutes ago, jetlord said:

We don't know yet that Smith and Niang are ready to start.  We can hope, but they still have to earn their positions.  

We don't know if LDT can even come back as the average at best RG he was before

1 hour ago, Balto said:

Well, you at least, are on target.  I guess that most of us are delusional :lol: 

16 minutes ago, Balto said:

You really didn’t think Long would be a starter?  I mean seriously?

After a year off and multiple injuries?  I absolutely did not think he would be a starter right out of the gate. He hasn't been a force for three years for god sakes. What are you smoking?  I want some.

8 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

After a year off and multiple injuries?  I absolutely did not think he would be a starter right out of the gate. He hasn't been a force for three years for god sakes. What are you smoking?  I want some.

I honestly think your in the LARGE minority on this one.  LDT didnt show up for OTAs....Long had been running with the 1s....Just looked like he was for sure a starter and could still start week 1.

One last comment from me:  "Running with the 1's" during OTA's means only one thing.  The staff wants to see what kind of shape a player is in, whether they need to acquire someone else before the season, and whether a player can stay healthy when trying to block starter level players.  It is an evaluation, a test, a search for information.  Well, the experiment yielded very unequivocal and helpful results.  He is NOT able to stay healthy when playing against starting caliber players.  Q.E.D.

40 minutes ago, Balto said:

I honestly think your in the LARGE minority on this one.  LDT didnt show up for OTAs....Long had been running with the 1s....Just looked like he was for sure a starter and could still start week 1.

Running with the 1s (as you call it) in OTA's and Minicamps while in Shorts and Shells hardly qualifies him to be the starter, now if he had been on the 1st team and we were halfway thru training camp i might have agreed with you but this is quite a leap.,

15 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

One last comment from me:  "Running with the 1's" during OTA's means only one thing.  The staff wants to see what kind of shape a player is in, whether they need to acquire someone else before the season, and whether a player can stay healthy when trying to block starter level players.  It is an evaluation, a test, a search for information.  Well, the experiment yielded very unequivocal and helpful results.  He is NOT able to stay healthy when playing against starting caliber players.  Q.E.D.

Bingo!