A source told The Kansas City Star’s Sam McDowell that the Week 1 timeline is “probably wishful thinking,” but not entirely out of the question yet.

Speaking to reporters on Thursday, head coach Andy Reid confirmed that the injury doesn’t appear to have impacted any of Long’s major ligaments, but there’s still a “chance he has to have surgery,” per McDowell.

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

Bingo!

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

One last comment from me:  "Running with the 1's" during OTA's means only one thing.  The staff wants to see what kind of shape a player is in, whether they need to acquire someone else before the season, and whether a player can stay healthy when trying to block starter level players.  It is an evaluation, a test, a search for information.  Well, the experiment yielded very unequivocal and helpful results.  He is NOT able to stay healthy when playing against starting caliber players.  Q.E.D.

HUH how can it mean ONLY ONE THING?  With that logic why was Brown or Thuney playing?  Veach was allowing them to play so he could see if he needed to acquire someone else before season?

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

After a year off and multiple injuries?  I absolutely did not think he would be a starter right out of the gate. He hasn't been a force for three years for god sakes. What are you smoking?  I want some.

But in the Orlando takes out Hill thread you actually said that you wouldn't be surprised if LDT was released(which that alone is strange because of his contract really only allowing a trade) and Long taking the starting spot.  Sooo you had some kind of thought of Long starting.  Maybe you change agendas per which forum you type in?  muahaha

1 hour ago, Balto said:

But in the Orlando takes out Hill thread you actually said that you wouldn't be surprised if LDT was released(which that alone is strange because of his contract really only allowing a trade) and Long taking the starting spot.  Sooo you had some kind of thought of Long starting.  Maybe you change agendas per which forum you type in?  muahaha

LDT has not been in camp? 

2 hours ago, Balto said:

LDT will be coaxed a little harder now to stay.  Suddenly, a mediocre guard becomes more important...even if  he would rather just practice medicine.

By the way, you should read some of your posts before clicking the button. They presume things that were never true about what others post. They sound defensive, a little frantic, possibly even a little paranoid.  Very ego-protective.  Lighten up, Francis. ☺︎ We ARE talking about a professional sport, not your worth on this planet. Don't worry.  Be happy.

Was he running with the 1's as a RG or RT? If RG, who else was there to run if LDT didn't show up and Smith is a rookie, not like that's saying anything. As RT, be a positive unless Remmers didn't show either then it's Long vs a rookie who opted out.  Not sure anything can be read into anything at voluntary OTA 

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

LDT will be coaxed a little harder now to stay.  Suddenly, a mediocre guard becomes more important...even if  he would rather just practice medicine.

By the way, you should read some of your posts before clicking the button. They presume things that were never true about what others post. They sound defensive, a little frantic, possibly even a little paranoid.  Very ego-protective.  Lighten up, Francis. ☺︎ We ARE talking about a professional sport, not your worth on this planet. Don't worry.  Be happy.

Meh don't wanna make it personal.  Just responding to the way you post..Maybe reread your posts?  You typically speak with FACT when its not /shrug. 

3 minutes ago, Balto said:

Meh don't wanna make it personal.  Just responding to the way you post..Maybe reread your posts?  You typically speak with FACT when its not /shrug. 

Guilty!  One of my personal defects.  I try not to do that, but it leaks through. My wife reminds me of that at times.  And not so nicely either. 😀

trying to find timelines for fractured knee caps...Looks like Jerry Rice had one back in 1997 and the article says 8-10 weeks recovery IF he has surgery.  We have what like 13-14 weeks left until our 1st game?  So his knee should be ready by week 1 but I'm sure staying in shape let alone football shape won't be easy with his knee out of commission.  

7 hours ago, jetlord said:

We don't know yet that Smith and Niang are ready to start.  We can hope, but they still have to earn their positions.  

Right. I could have worded it better. I mean that those guys could have better camps than the vets and we already know the talent level is higher there. But I think LDT and Remmers will start regardless.

No one is saying what Long's injury really is.  Reid said it wasn't ligament damage and it's come out that the fractured patella wasn't true so what is it?  Reports are that Long will be back by the start of the season so maybe we're over reacting.  If there's any position that the Chiefs have plenty of bodies at, it's at OG.  If Long really was going to be a starter, it's not that much of a drop off to LDT, Trey, or even Niang for a few games.  Blythe played OG for a few seasons for the Rams IIRC and he could be one of the "best five".  Allegretti or Wylie would be no worse than last season.   Bummer for Long and maybe a minor setback for the O-line, but probably not critical.  

11 minutes ago, jetlord said:

No one is saying what Long's injury really is.  Reid said it wasn't ligament damage and it's come out that the fractured patella wasn't true so what is it?  Reports are that Long will be back by the start of the season so maybe we're over reacting.  If there's any position that the Chiefs have plenty of bodies at, it's at OG.  If Long really was going to be a starter, it's not that much of a drop off to LDT, Trey, or even Niang for a few games.  Blythe played OG for a few seasons for the Rams IIRC and he could be one of the "best five".  Allegretti or Wylie would be no worse than last season.   Bummer for Long and maybe a minor setback for the O-line, but probably not critical.  

I didn't know that patellar fracture was not true.  If it is involving the Patella in that kind of debilitating way, the other possiblities are rupture or strain of the patellar ligament, patellar tendonitis, subpatellar bursitis, or maybe just bleeding or brusing of the synovial lining under the patella.  My question is why on earth would they say fracture, if the X-rays did not show a fracture?  All kinds of theories about that, including some that would involve contracts, etc.  Whatever, the public is being misdirected either accidentally or on purpose.

5 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I didn't know that patellar fracture was not true.  If it is involving the Patella in that kind of debilitating way, the other possiblities are rupture or strain of the patellar ligament, patellar tendonitis, subpatellar bursitis, or maybe just bleeding or brusing of the synovial lining under the patella.  My question is why on earth would they say fracture, if the X-rays did not show a fracture?  All kinds of theories about that, including some that would involve contracts, etc.  Whatever, the public is being misdirected either accidentally or on purpose.

Latest I've heard is that it's a lower leg injury.  Like all such rumors, no one outside the organization knows the truth.  

At this point there are options rather than just thinking LDT is the guy.  

If Niang can handle RT then Remmers is a solid RG option

I'd rather see these guys over LDT who was average at best and has taken a year away.  And doesn't seem over excited to get back to it or he would have shown up for these OTAs

Rankins- showed a lot of promise at Guard before his injury.  Is a year and a half removed

Durant showed well in his one start.  Big physical kid too. 

Smith,  just go with the future and rookie.  Kid should have been a first round pick.  He is immensely talented

Allegretti showed all last year and definitely has more drive than LDT does. 

2 hours ago, Palangi said:

At this point there are options rather than just thinking LDT is the guy.  

If Niang can handle RT then Remmers is a solid RG option

I'd rather see these guys over LDT who was average at best and has taken a year away.  And doesn't seem over excited to get back to it or he would have shown up for these OTAs

Rankins- showed a lot of promise at Guard before his injury.  Is a year and a half removed

Durant showed well in his one start.  Big physical kid too. 

Smith,  just go with the future and rookie.  Kid should have been a first round pick.  He is immensely talented

Allegretti showed all last year and definitely has more drive than LDT does. 

Agree. Lots of options.