7 hours ago, xen said:

?

Brown 

Thuney

Creed

Trey

Remmers

If Niang starts over Remmers he'll at least have earned it.  Remmers played at above replacement level last year and Reid and Heck trust him on the right side.

Just hope Trey is ready to start from day one.  Who backs up Brown?  

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Just hope Trey is ready to start from day one.  Who backs up Brown?  

1) Thuney

2) A lot of question marks?

Btw, despite what Riddick says, and he's connected as anyone with the KC brass, I actually think LDT starts at RG.  As much as I like Trey, he's got to get his long pass sets cleaned up before I'll believe he's ready.  Creed was a technician in college, and is much more NFL ready than a typical college lineman, including Trey.  If we played a gap system I'd say plug Trey in and go to town, but our system is more complicated than that and I don't think he can be ready that quickly.  

Maybe he will be though.  Guess we'll find out in camp.

3 hours ago, xen said:

1) Thuney

2) A lot of question marks?

Btw, despite what Riddick says, and he's connected as anyone with the KC brass, I actually think LDT starts at RG.  As much as I like Trey, he's got to get his long pass sets cleaned up before I'll believe he's ready.  Creed was a technician in college, and is much more NFL ready than a typical college lineman, including Trey.  If we played a gap system I'd say plug Trey in and go to town, but our system is more complicated than that and I don't think he can be ready that quickly.  

Maybe he will be though.  Guess we'll find out in camp.

Thing I've heard about Trey is that he's a hard worker and motivated to learn.  He also needs to work on quicker feet for the Chiefs system.  He can't just overpower everyone.  Don't know it that's accurate or not. 

17 hours ago, jetlord said:

Thing I've heard about Trey is that he's a hard worker and motivated to learn.  He also needs to work on quicker feet for the Chiefs system.  He can't just overpower everyone.  Don't know it that's accurate or not. 

:Yeah. Everything people (including most in here in the Locker Room) think this young kid is starter ready in a system like the Chiefs.  I'm highly skeptical, no matter how his ceiling is. Most O- linemen do not reach their peak before  5 years starting (including college), let alone play in a complicated system.  He lost a lot of time in college due to his blood clotting episodes. I have been shocked before, but I would be shocked (again) if this kid starts. That is very un-Andy Reid-like.  We are not that desperate, and the fans who read local articles have been led into a wishful thinking frame of mind and seem all ready set to put him in the Pro Bowl. He shouldn't have to be set up for fan disappointment and negative reactions and articles. Hell, even Patrick Mahomes was an understudy for a year.  Smith will get his reps, and then he'll be overanalyzed until the cows come home. He could even throw another blood clot to his lungs and be advised to quit football altogether.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

:Yeah. Everything people (including most in here in the Locker Room) think this young kid is starter ready in a system like the Chiefs.  I'm highly skeptical, no matter how his ceiling is. Most O- linemen do not reach their peak before  5 years starting (including college), let alone play in a complicated system.  He lost a lot of time in college due to his blood clotting episodes. I have been shocked before, but I would be shocked (again) if this kid starts. That is very un-Andy Reid-like.  We are not that desperate, and the fans who read local articles have been led into a wishful thinking frame of mind and seem all ready set to put him in the Pro Bowl. He shouldn't have to be set up for fan disappointment and negative reactions and articles. Hell, even Patrick Mahomes was an understudy for a year.  Smith will get his reps, and then he'll be overanalyzed until the cows come home. He could even throw another blood clot to his lungs and be advised to quit football altogether.

Of course, another way to look at it is that maybe an inexperienced Smith is still better than a below average Wylie or an out of practice LDT.  At least Smith has an upside.  I just trust the coaches to make the best of the RG position and hope Andy isn't too stuck on keeping rookies on the bench.  

40 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Of course, another way to look at it is that maybe an inexperienced Smith is still better than a below average Wylie or an out of practice LDT.  At least Smith has an upside.  I just trust the coaches to make the best of the RG position and hope Andy isn't too stuck on keeping rookies on the bench.  

Reid will be stuck, because the first five games are the hardest on our schedule.  Mid season he will start getting more reps if he is really that good in practices. Of course, I don't really know that.  Just my analysis from looking at the past.

Smith's build reminds a little bit of Brian Waters. Just a mountain of a man. His footwork must be OK based his performance and grades of when he did play. Waters wasn't even drafted, if I recall, wasn't he a TE or something? He turned out OK. One more of him, please!

1 hour ago, Dan4pres said:

Smith's build reminds a little bit of Brian Waters. Just a mountain of a man. His footwork must be OK based his performance and grades of when he did play. Waters wasn't even drafted, if I recall, wasn't he a TE or something? He turned out OK. One more of him, please!

We sent Waters off to NFL Europe to convert to oline and let him sit for a year or 2 before he got to start.  He was a college tight end the first few years and played defensive line his senior year i believe.

I do think Trey will be a good player I just think he has some work to do before he's ready to start.  Who knows how long that will take.  

If Trey doesn't start the year he won't start at all unless there is an injury.   It's Andy's way.   I don't get all this love for LDT.  He sounds like an amazing human being but he wasn't that good before he left and he took a full year off and he has no familiarity in the locker room plus he is older.  Not a good recipe for success.  To be honest I didn't think he was much better than Wylie the year he played....he just had the benefit of all world Schwartz next to him.   I like him as a depth piece but if he starts at RG the Chiefs are worse off.   I hope Long gets healthy quickly or Smith is learning quickly.  

9 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

If Trey doesn't start the year he won't start at all unless there is an injury.   It's Andy's way.   I don't get all this love for LDT.  He sounds like an amazing human being but he wasn't that good before he left and he took a full year off and he has no familiarity in the locker room plus he is older.  Not a good recipe for success.  To be honest I didn't think he was much better than Wylie the year he played....he just had the benefit of all world Schwartz next to him.   I like him as a depth piece but if he starts at RG the Chiefs are worse off.   I hope Long gets healthy quickly or Smith is learning quickly.  

I think Smith is gonna make a real push for this job. 

20 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I've been saying this as well. The love for a guy that is average at best,  and never learned how to pick up a stunt is confusing.  It's a comfort thing because he is a vet. 

But we shall see

On 6/20/2021 at 9:08 AM, Palangi said:

I've been saying this as well. The love for a guy that is average at best,  and never learned how to pick up a song is confusing.  It's a comfort thing because he is a vet. 

But we shall see

Well he is a professional football player, and a physician as well. Asking him to be a musician too may be a bit much.