Just would like to say...

I told you so. Everywhere I look it seems that people are up in arms and irate that succop is gone. Some here are more optimistic, but generally chiefs fans are upset that we kept santos. Didn't I say last week that as soon as he misses an easy one the people would turn on the kicker and the coaches???? Lol. Maybe he will be better someday and I guess if he isn't great this year it looks like that might be okay since this season isn't looking good.

I fully understand the move..  again succop was still missing those long bombs and at a Hefty price tag.  

Hell a blind man in jersey could see this happening. He's a rookie, he will take his lumps.   

I find it comical people are even bitching about it. Something to complain about I guess???  

LOL, The fans didn't turn on the coaches cause of the kicker!!  If they did cause of that, they probably shouldn't be watching football.

Did you even watch the game??

Yep, I saw succop hit something like 4 field goals right down the middle and santos hit both uprights.  My concern is that good teams need to have a good kicker.  The kicker doesn't need to be great, but I will give santos more time.  He's got all season and looks like he will be on the field a lot considering that the O can't get into the endzone.

Cutting Succop for a rookie didn't look good, and it may end up having been the wrong to have done, but it did not cost the team the game. It was only one component. The Chiefs have a whole lot more problems than the difference between an average veteran kicker and a rookie kicker fresh out of college. 

Succop may be better than Santos in week one of this season, but his overall body of work is nothing special. Unless Santos turns into the next Medlock, I'm still fine with the move.

Succop is a below average kicker in todays NFL.   Over the last few years, he's rated at the bottom half of the league in accuracy.    The Chiefs made the RIGHT move with Succop.  Thats one of the few moves they have made that i been ok with. So, yeah, its pretty sad.

His kicks came off totally different than succops.   Santos had alot of trajectory vs lift.    He can boom the ball no doubt.  He made rookie mistakes and he said as much on the miss.  Said he was playing a wind on his kick. The compensation was too much, Learning curve.  Time will tell.

Like said above, not a better time than a 16 game training camp to learn.  

:D

Archived