Interesting Mahomes all-time stats

First is the TOP QB EPA per total games.  So you can see by Mahomes 4th career NFL game he has had the best ever overall cumulative EPA of any QB ever to play.  At 54 games in he could take off a year and still have a higher overall career EPA than the 2nd best Rodgers.  Just shows exactly how important Mahomes is.  Don't see him playing as long as Brady but by the end of his career most of this graph will be red haha.

U01lvm5RIEvfZrZjWesR6vFFK6q97sn_d-HUIMyoPC4.png?auto=webp&s=b5ebc5b6a7b87878716395e2c3087b9dca1d2037

Next is TD's per game/career.  You can see by Mahomes 8th career game he has held the TD record.  The one thing about this graph is it does not count playoff games like the EPA graph does.  Otherwise this graph would look even better.  Marino was a beast at TDs until his later years so the next few season he will need to continue large TD seasons to eliminate Marino...Unless of course we go ahead and count playoff games like the EPA chart.  Again by the end of Mahomes career this chart should be mostly red as well!

drOgP9h.png

Last one here is Yards.  Damn Stafford/Lions...Throw much haha?  I knew Stafford always had a ton of yards but wow I did not expect what I see with Stafford being the all-time leader in yards if he keeps playing.

It shows that by Mahomes 7th game he was the leader in career yards per game.  Again this chart does not show playoff games or Mahomes would look even more impressive.  Looks like Mahomes needs to get about 3,942 yards thsi next season(that includes the extra game) to keep ahead of Stafford.  That's an avg of 232 yards per game,  his career is 307/game with is worst year being 2019 with 287/game.  So even at 287 he should get about 4,879 yards.  Basically Mahomes will need to have a very down year to not keep up his pace on this chart.

mpyg.png

33 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

So the first graph (EPA) includes playoffs but the next two do not, am I understanding that correctly?

Correct and I find it interesting that everyone including myself thought Mahomes had a great SB and it was the OL that lost it BUT the EPA shows a negative for the SB.  I still believe with better OL play we would of won easy but maybe Mahomes was not great in the game either.  Look at game 53(AFC Champ game) to game 54(SB) and how his EPA went down.

1 hour ago, Balto said:

Correct and I find it interesting that everyone including myself thought Mahomes had a great SB and it was the OL that lost it BUT the EPA shows a negative for the SB.  I still believe with better OL play we would of won easy but maybe Mahomes was not great in the game either.  Look at game 53(AFC Champ game) to game 54(SB) and how his EPA went down.

EPA isn't 100% on the QB.  The QB can play lights out and it's still a negative EPA play if the receiver drops a pass.

44 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

EPA isn't 100% on the QB.  The QB can play lights out and it's still a negative EPA play if the receiver drops a pass.

Ok yes I believe your correct....For some reason I was thinking it was individual NOT the entire offense.  Still think EPA is a very good way to judge a QB

19 minutes ago, Balto said:

Ok yes I believe your correct....For some reason I was thinking it was individual NOT the entire offense.  Still think EPA is a very good way to judge a QB

EPA is really a play-by-play, whole team stat.  It just measures the strength of your position from one play to the next, based on historical data.  An incomplete pass has a negative EPA because, for example, 3rd and 10 is a weaker position than 2nd and 10.  Even positive yardage can be a negative EPA; 3rd and 9 is a weaker position than 2nd and 10.

Restricting EPA to passes, scrambles, and sacks (excluding handoffs) reflects the QB a lot so that's what's usually given as QB EPA, but it still depends on the OL and the receivers.

47 minutes ago, moons314 said:

After reading all that, I'm thinking damn,. Stafford really passed 45,000 yards passing for a career?  That's crazy.

Curse of being a Lions player. How many incredible players wasted their careers with that inept franchise. My bro in law has been a Lions fan his entire life.  I'm trying to save my little  nephews from the dark side and convert them into Chief's fans so they can have hope in their lives.  Hard to negate the effects of brainwashing from their father at the age of 5 and 8. In time though...

13 hours ago, moons314 said:

After reading all that, I'm thinking damn,. Stafford really passed 45,000 yards passing for a career?  That's crazy.

Yup and I’m sure it will continue in the Rams offense.....maybe a sneaky good fantasy QB this year hmmmm

12 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Curse of being a Lions player. How many incredible players wasted their careers with that inept franchise. My bro in law has been a Lions fan his entire life.  I'm trying to save my little  nephews from the dark side and convert them into Chief's fans so they can have hope in their lives.  Hard to negate the effects of brainwashing from their father at the age of 5 and 8. In time though...

I would expect a father to spend the effort to keep his kids away from the Lions, not the other way around. 

20 hours ago, sith13 said:

I would expect a father to spend the effort to keep his kids away from the Lions, not the other way around. 

Remember that kid who fell into in the gorilla enclosure at the Cincinnati zoo?  Where were the parents?

Same thing, only worse.

1 hour ago, xen said:

Remember that kid who fell into in the gorilla enclosure at the Cincinnati zoo?  Where were the parents?

Same thing, only worse.

You sure it wasn’t the “Lions” enclosure?

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...