Quote from Frank Clark

27 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I don't think it was a lack of fire for Clark.  He is a guy with a lot of pride, and he wants to earn what he is being paid.  With Reed on the interior, the presence of CJ outside will produce so much pressure over there, that Clark will finally be able to do his thing on the other side.  He has been doubled and maligned as a result, since he came to KC.

I think Jones has been doubled as a result of Clarks play. The numbers dont lie. He is average at best. 

5 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I think Jones has been doubled as a result of Clarks play. The numbers dont lie. He is average at best. 

Can't argue with that, for sure.  The more I read, the more his stomach issues sound like IBD, particularly Crohn's disease.  Has lost a lot of weight. He had his appendix removed, and Crohn's can sure involve the appendix.  If true, I feel sorry for the guy.

Our consolation over the Clark era in KC is that they very well might not have won the SB without him two seasons ago.  After 50 years and a number of frustrating times of falling short in the playoffs, getting that one was worth overpaying.  Could the Chiefs have done better without that contract and draft pick?  In hind sight, yes.  But we fans do have a SB win to show for it. 

2 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Jones is doubled because he's a gameplan wrecker.  Teams would play him heads up if they could.  They can't.  Nobody doubles a defender unless they have to.

55 minutes ago, xen said:

Jones is doubled because he's a gameplan wrecker.  Teams would play him heads up if they could.  They can't.  Nobody doubles a defender unless they have to.

My point was Clark is not doubled and Jones was. Clark should benefit from Jones being doubled and has not.

8 hours ago, West said:

Pretty much saw Clark and Jones take over the 4th Qtr of the Super Bowl vs the 49ers.

He also does not line up off sides, had he been here 1 year sooner we would be bitching about 3 years in a row being in the Super Bowl.

I am still pleased he is a Chief.  The guy NEVER quits on a play....

w

Was thinking of a comment to add to this. But no need. It's exactly how I feel.

11 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

There's no issues anyway. We can get out of his contract and save money after this season. And we've been to the SB the last 2 yrs. So it hasn't prevented us from getting where we wanted to go. And he wasn't the reason we lost the big game.

You could say in hindsight that some of the money used for him could have been better spent on an offensive lineman. But that would mean he wasn't here in 2019, and we wouldnt have won the SB without him. 

The second we earned that Lombardi, the trade and extension was justified.

I agree we may not have won the SB without his second half performance, turned into a beast. Same is true for Watkins. However the SB justifies pretty much everything like keeping guys like Reiter, Nieman, Wylie, etc. around. At some point one starts to wonder if we would have an even easier game with guys that actually lived up to those contracts. Regardless I'm happy with the only SB win of my lifetime and the roster that won it.

20 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Justin Houston visited the Ravens in April but left without a contract; rumours are now to "Don't rule out a reunion with the Chiefs."

Your thoughts?

Bring him. We have had few discussions in regards to his return. The Colts certainly have shown with their first 2 picks they dont want him back. One theory is whenhe left the Chiefs he left  with a grudge. I for one am not that sure and could not find anything to back it up. He had a fine year last year but maybe his salary demands are too high. To me if the price is right he's a no brainer. 

12 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

Clark knows he has a a cut candadite after this season. He will be motivated. His buddy Reed will also motivate him. 
melts see how this turns out but I have a feeling we will have a very good D line.

I dont think he lacked motivation or effort. He is simply an overrated player. He is what he is. I doubt much will change this season.

12 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I dont think he lacked motivation or effort. He is simply an overrated player. He is what he is. I doubt much will change this season.

altho I agree with the overpaid errr over rated I think he will have a better year with this supporting cast but he'll be no All Pro like he is paid to be

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Justin Houston visited the Ravens in April but left without a contract; rumours are now to "Don't rule out a reunion with the Chiefs."

Your thoughts?

Considering we have Taco as the most likely starter I would love to bring back Houston for a 1-year deal. The ring should be a good motivator for him. It's all about the manner of his release, if it wasn't a bad breakup I don't see any reason this wouldn't be a slam dunk for both sides. 

55 minutes ago, West said:

I think it's up to Justin Houston.

Super Bowl > $$$$

His legacy is great already....a Borderline Ring of Honor Guy.

w

I agree....coming back and getting a ring in KC would be a great ending to his career as a Chief.

On 6/18/2021 at 6:46 AM, Handswarmer said:

Your thoughts?

Accoring to that chart he is still getting pressure at a high rate.  I like him a whole lot more than Ingram who I think is a liability or a worse liability versus the run that Houston.  Houston could probably thrive her this year with Jones, Reed, Clark, and Wharton.

Hindsight is 20/20.  Our defense was soft as crap before he got here.  He hasn't gotten the sacks or pressures that we would like and that are required for someone making that much but he is a DAWG and that attitude rubs off on players.   Obviously, he hasn't been worth the size of his contract but no way we win that SB without him.    I would argue Houston and Berry's contract was far worse and far more harmful for the organization.   

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Accoring to that chart he is still getting pressure at a high rate.  I like him a whole lot more than Ingram who I think is a liability or a worse liability versus the run that Houston.  Houston could probably thrive her this year with Jones, Reed, Clark, and Wharton.

He would be a help in the short run. The long run is better helped by young guys getting reps. Since we have a big window, I say no.

On 6/20/2021 at 9:56 AM, Iluvhouse24 said:

Rumors from where?

https://sports.yahoo.com/todd-gurley-justin-houston-predicted-234739396.html

Once one of the most feared pass-rushers in the NFL, Houston is now in the twilight of his career. But the 32-year-old, who has at least eight sacks in each of the last four seasons, should still be capable of making a significant impact as a secondary option for a contender.

Houston’s other likely options are joining the Ravens or returning to the Chiefs. Both AFC teams have plenty of defensive ends but should be intent on fielding the strongest defense possible to help their star quarterbacks.

I included the link to make sure I wasn't lying....

29 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/todd-gurley-justin-houston-predicted-234739396.html

Once one of the most feared pass-rushers in the NFL, Houston is now in the twilight of his career. But the 32-year-old, who has at least eight sacks in each of the last four seasons, should still be capable of making a significant impact as a secondary option for a contender.

Houston’s other likely options are joining the Ravens or returning to the Chiefs. Both AFC teams have plenty of defensive ends but should be intent on fielding the strongest defense possible to help their star quarterbacks.

I included the link to make sure I wasn't lying....

links are always helpful. Houston may have  "Hand" if the Chiefs are thinking Clark maybe be  suspended for any length of time

th?id=OIP.ujyGiP6XBGHTqxuUh7YFMAHaFL&pid=Api&P=0&w=253&h=178