Kansas City Chiefs cut Daniel Sorensen, add Jerel Worthy to practice squad, more move

The Chiefs just made a bunch of roster moves. Some we knew about, some we didn't. Here's a run down of all of them.

Added to 53-man roster
  • DL Kevin Vickerson (free agent signing)
  • WR Dwayne Bowe (coming back from suspension)
  • LB Jerry Franklin (elevated from practice squad)

Two of these moves were a result of the DE Mike DeVito and LB Derrick Johnson injuries. Vickerson will add depth along the defensive line while Franklin does the same at linebacker.

Bowe is formally added to the 53-man roster after his Week 1 suspension.

The Chiefs worked out three veteran linebackers this week -- Marvin Mitchell, Nick Barnett and Desmond Bishop -- but haven't seen any of them (yet?).

Released from 53-man roster

He was the Chiefs third safety in Week 1 so he was playing. Interesting move to make now. I wonder if they send him to the practice squad. He seemed to see a lot of playing time for someone getting cut after Week 1.

Signed to practice squad

Worthy is the notable one here. He was the Packers second round pick a couple years ago. He was traded to the Patriots a few weeks ago before they released him. He worked out for the Chiefs this week.

Cut from practice squad
  • FB Jordan Campbell
  • DT Hebron Fangupo
  • Ben Gottschalk
  • WR Darryl Surgent

No major surprises here. Campbell, Gottschalk and Surgent all spent the offseason with the Chiefs. Fangupo was added to the practice squad last week.

Placed on IR
  • LB Derrick Johnson
  • DE Mike DeVito

Ugh.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2014/9/9/6128129/kansas-city-chiefs-daniel-sorensen-jerel-worthy

Cool.  I mentioned Worthy a few days ago.  I don't know what happened in NE.  He was once a top prospect on GB's DL and got hurt.

Bishop once was a starter in GB too who lost his spot after injuries.  Not sure what he has left.  He kinda flopped in MIN last season.

RIGHT ABOUT SORENSEN..HE LOOKED SLOW..

and I'll only mention this one last time..what happened to Malcom Bronson?

there has to be some underlying problem..situation..etc..he played really well I thought compared to the others and was supposedly solid in camp...weird..

Archived