Frank Clark arrested

10 hours ago, mex said:

I had no idea he was arrested for domestic abuse in 2014.... and kicked off his team.  

And a home invasion? 

Now this. What a fucking loser. Makes hunt look like a Boy Scout, and of course we shitcanned him immediately.

Fuck frank Clark. Dump him now and get some replacements. 

This is kind of where I'm at, at this point. Unfortunately we can likely get the same amount of productivity from a guy like Houston or Ingram. Clark still has the upside to be much better than those 2, or any current free agent. But he isnt playing that way.

If there was a way to recoup some of his salary due to contract language, I'd almost call it a no brainer. But the cap commitment and the draft capital we traded make this really tough.

18 hours ago, kkuenn said:

DEs can be had later to develop, some slip too from time to time. Not all go early.  Also look at FA ones. You can also put Jones there and resign Reed, Nnadi etc in the middle. Plenty of options. Trade value say would say a 4th imo as per my post.

At this point, the guy is simply a weight on the franchise, at least in terms of uncertainty.  That's killer for a team with SB aspirations. He's better off not on the team regardless of the cost. The team is high on a perch, and things like this are the reason perches don't last long. I know no one wants to read that, but deep down you all know that's true. No place to run, no place to hide.Got to just score enough points on the O-side to make up for it. We just strap it on and play hard.

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

He is a cancer.  The faster he is out of town, the better. Let some other team try to change him.  Veach did his best. We had to have someone, and he was the only proven rusher available. If it didn't work out, we can't really claim it was Veach's fault if we're honest.

That's one take, and some reasonable points.  But there's another way to look at it.  Have there been any reports that Clark is a cancer on the team?  My understanding is that he is a leader in the locker room and pushes others to their limits.  The cancer is his habit of getting into stupid legal situations and while there's no excuse for that, he's one among many in the NFL.  Why would the Chiefs cut him now, before there's even a hearing or the facts are even known?  They have a minimum of one more very expensive year invested and they might as well use it.  What Clarks did is stupid and illegal no matter the extenuating circumstances.  But this is a victimless crime.  No girl got punched, No one got shot or threatened as far as we know.  The wheels of justice grind slowly and especially in LA.  This probably won't come to court until late fall and then the NFL will fuss over it for a while.  Clark may get most or all of a season in before he faces suspension if that's the result.  Again, not excusing Clark, but let's keep this in proportion until all the facts are out.  

10 minutes ago, jetlord said:

That's one take, and some reasonable points.  But there's another way to look at it.  Have there been any reports that Clark is a cancer on the team?  My understanding is that he is a leader in the locker room and pushes others to their limits.  The cancer is his habit of getting into stupid legal situations and while there's no excuse for that, he's one among many in the NFL.  Why would the Chiefs cut him now, before there's even a hearing or the facts are even known?  They have a minimum of one more very expensive year invested and they might as well use it.  What Clarks did is stupid and illegal no matter the extenuating circumstances.  But this is a victimless crime.  No girl got punched, No one got shot or threatened as far as we know.  The wheels of justice grind slowly and especially in LA.  This probably won't come to court until late fall and then the NFL will fuss over it for a while.  Clark may get most or all of a season in before he faces suspension if that's the result.  Again, not excusing Clark, but let's keep this in proportion until all the facts are out.  

Happy Good Times GIF by Jackson-Triggs

Many NFL players have faced gun charges. I dont think the NFL suspended any of them. I dont think KC can get out of the contract. Let him play this year and goodbye. It does not matter to me what the " World" thinks about the Chiefs. I do not align my self worth with the KC image, good or not good. Just win.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Fair enough, Jet.

The facts are out. We shitcanned, arguably, the best running back in football...

his rap sheet doesn't hold a candle to Clark's  

this isn't a defense of Kareem BTW... but what the hell... show some consistency

Shitty people are shitty people... bil's right... sooner or later you'll get burnt

and for a team with SB aspirations... this is huge

see Britt Reid

In Hunt's case the video came out and he was proven to be a liar. When you are proven to be a liar to your boss all the bets are off. I think that was the primary difference between Hunt and Hill. In case of Clark there are charges but he's still not convicted of anything, so I don't mind the Chiefs waiting on the legal process before making the final decision. In fact it might be the smartest move if a conviction could lead to some cap savings. However the front office likely has ways of learning more about the whole thing that we do so I think they'll make a decision once allegations become facts. 

18 minutes ago, sith13 said:

In Hunt's case the video came out and he was proven to be a liar. When you are proven to be a liar to your boss all the bets are off. I think that was the primary difference between Hunt and Hill. In case of Clark there are charges but he's still not convicted of anything, so I don't mind the Chiefs waiting on the legal process before making the final decision. In fact it might be the smartest move if a conviction could lead to some cap savings. However the front office likely has ways of learning more about the whole thing that we do so I think they'll make a decision once allegations become facts. 

Chiefs made a mistake in cutting Hunt before seeing what the league would decide. Huge mistake. I hope they dont make that mistake again. Players lie all the time. It was an overreaction. KC handled Hill much better. See Superbowl Champs. Humans do bad things sometimes. Doesnt mean thats who they are.

hunt was fired for lying to clark.. that was the whole story there.. 

if frank has lied to clark.. well then... 

but maybe just maybe the guns belonged to the other dude in the car. and maybe just maybe clark is an idiot. 

17 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Chiefs made a mistake in cutting Hunt before seeing what the league would decide. Huge mistake. I hope they dont make that mistake again. Players lie all the time. It was an overreaction. KC handled Hill much better. See Superbowl Champs. Humans do bad things sometimes. Doesnt mean thats who they are.

I still believe Hunt was cut early because he lied to Clark Hunt and Reid rather than because the video convicted him.  If Frank Clark lied to the same people about this arrest, he'll be shown the door as well.  If not, then due process will decide his fate legally and with the Chiefs.  Even if Clark is suspended for (just a guess) six games, he has value for this season and the Chiefs will be on the hook to pay him.  And somehow I just can't equate carrying a gun in a car with kicking a girl on the floor.   

8 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

I think it was all about the personal aspect of lying. Kareem lied to Clark Hunt and Clark probably had to make a statement to the entire organization about such things. 

Seems to me a lot of people are jumping on Clark for possessing an unregistered gun vs. saying he's morally corrupt human being. Was he stupid? Absolutely. Particularly, if he had a gun charge earlier in the year. Demanding the Chiefs dump him for this seems a little extreme. You don't have to go find another pass rusher, Veach does. This is already a weakness on this team and the choice to dump him to make it even weaker seems silly. I think many people are coming from the "he's overpaid and underperformed" camp. I agree but do the Chiefs have any better alternatives? Unless Clark is accused of something a lot more serious, there is no way we are getting rid of him. Everything I've heard, Clark, Matthieu and Jones are the leaders of the defense. Overpaid or not, he's valuable in the locker room. I bet 20% of NFL players have unregistered guns in their car at this very moment. 

The NFL really needs to have a training session for NFL players on gun control. They should even provide a service that would complete the registration process for them. Shit, they hold their hands enough already, why not one more thing. 

On 6/24/2021 at 5:05 PM, Balto said:

It was 100% the fact that Hunt lied to the front office NOT for actually kicking that girl. 

Exactly.  He kicked the shit out of her multiple times in an elevator, and there was VIDEO of him doing it.  Then he lied about it to Chiefs management and the owner. Then the video was made available.  Makes no difference how good of a running back he is. The travesty is that he was thrown off the team for lying, not for beating up a woman. That part is ok LOL.

16 hours ago, mex said:

The facts are out. We shitcanned, arguably, the best running back in football...

his rap sheet doesn't hold a candle to Clark's  

this isn't a defense of Kareem BTW... but what the hell... show some consistency

Shitty people are shitty people... bil's right... sooner or later you'll get burnt

and for a team with SB aspirations... this is huge

see Britt Reid

Kareem lied and it made the team look bad.  Franks domestic issues were well known and documented and as far as everyone can tell he has been clean in that area for a very long time.  This is a different issue.   It’s definitely not smart but it isn’t kicking a woman on video.   I don’t care what the team does but I imagine there is language in that contract if one of these charged stick we can get out.   I personally have doubts Clark will ever be the same after this intestinal issue which means this could be a blessing in disguise.  However, if he stays he will be gone next year if he doesn’t get 10 sacks or provide a ton of pressure.

12 hours ago, xen said:

If Clark had 15 sacks last year none of u would give a shit.  Hell there are 2A absolutists in this thread.  

Reminder Clark has 8 sacks in the last 2 postseasons.  Chris Jones has 0, though he does get good pressure.

I think the privilege to do stupid $hit of the field has to be earned annually. 2019 Clark earned it in the playoffs but I'm not sure about the 2020 Clark 🤔 

39 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Kareem lied and it made the team look bad.  Franks domestic issues were well known and documented and as far as everyone can tell he has been clean in that area for a very long time.  This is a different issue.   It’s definitely not smart but it isn’t kicking a woman on video.   I don’t care what the team does but I imagine there is language in that contract if one of these charged stick we can get out.   I personally have doubts Clark will ever be the same after this intestinal issue which means this could be a blessing in disguise.  However, if he stays he will be gone next year if he doesn’t get 10 sacks or provide a ton of pressure.

Appreciate the response... agree for the most part.

Clark beat up a woman when he was an adult in college. Saying he is now suddenly clean because a little time has passed is ludicrous. 

If you gave blowjobs 7 years ago, you’re still a cocksucker today... 😄

If this was just one incident, then I’d be willing to cut him some slack. But he’s showing incredible lack of judgement, and doing so repeatedly. 

I’d say the same thing about cheetah if he were to relapse. 

19 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Exactly.  He kicked the shit out of her multiple times in an elevator, and there was VIDEO of him doing it.  Then he lied about it to Chiefs management. Then the video was made available.  Makes no difference how good of a running back he is. The travesty is that he was thrown off the team for lying, not for beating up a woman. That part is ok LOL.

The reason Hunt missed the rest of the season and eight games of the next was because he kicked the girl.  The reason he plays for the Browns and not the Chiefs is because he lied to Clark Hunt.  Not a travesty.  Just the way it happened.  Is justice better served if Frank Clark is kicked off the Chiefs team and plays the season in Cleveland?  One might make the argument that he should never play again or be suspended long term although I don't agree.  I might change my mind when all the fact are out.   Kicking him off one team to play for another serves no purpose. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

The reason Hunt missed the rest of the season and eight games of the next was because he kicked the girl.  The reason he plays for the Browns and not the Chiefs is because he lied to Clark Hunt.  Not a travesty.  Just the way it happened.  Is justice better served if Frank Clark is kicked off the Chiefs team and plays the season in Cleveland?  One might make the argument that he should never play again or be suspended long term although I don't agree.  I might change my mind when all the fact are out.   Kicking him off one team to play for another serves no purpose. 

For having a gun???  I mean yeah it was dumb but only considering where he was.  In my state thats not even a citation.  Hell they might give you a ticket here if you DON'T have a gun in your car.

33 minutes ago, xen said:

For having a gun???  I mean yeah it was dumb but only considering where he was.  In my state thats not even a citation.  Hell they might give you a ticket here if you DON'T have a gun in your car.

That's why I posted that I wouldn't agree with a harsh penalty.  It's a victimless crime, but still one has to follow the law of the state one is in whether the laws make sense or not.  Good reason to avoid Cali.