Frank Clark arrested

On 6/24/2021 at 3:23 PM, AFCWEST said:

Chiefs made a mistake in cutting Hunt before seeing what the league would decide. Huge mistake. I hope they dont make that mistake again. Players lie all the time. It was an overreaction. KC handled Hill much better. See Superbowl Champs. Humans do bad things sometimes. Doesnt mean thats who they are.

People are what they repeatedly do, not what they think or how they feel.  Action is the only thing that defines who we are. Hunt kicked the shit out of a woman in an elevator and lied to Reid's face. I wouldn't define him as a liar in general, but he is a self-protective liar, and this type will repeat his pattern, whether he can run better than anyone else or not.  He is also violent toward women if he loses his temper with them.  That is who he is. I don't think the Chiefs made a mistake at all.  They have been to two Superbowls since then and won one of them, and much of that has to do with the players' respect for each other.

14 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

People are what they repeatedly do, not what they think or how they feel.  Action is the only thing that defines who we are. Hunt kicked the shit out of a woman in an elevator and lied to Reid's face. I wouldn't define him as a liar in general, but he is a self-protective liar, and this type will repeat his pattern, whether he can run better than anyone else or not.  He is also violent toward women if he loses his temper with them.  That is who he is. I don't think the Chiefs made a mistake at all.  They have been to two Superbowls since then and won one of them, and much of that has to do with the players' respect for each other.

Sure.  If they repeatedly do it.  Did Hunt have issues other than the big one?

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

The reason Hunt missed the rest of the season and eight games of the next was because he kicked the girl.  The reason he plays for the Browns and not the Chiefs is because he lied to Clark Hunt.  Not a travesty.  Just the way it happened.  Is justice better served if Frank Clark is kicked off the Chiefs team and plays the season in Cleveland?  One might make the argument that he should never play again or be suspended long term although I don't agree.  I might change my mind when all the fact are out.   Kicking him off one team to play for another serves no purpose. 

Yes, it does serve a purpose.  It sends the rest of the Chiefs the message that illegal behaviors off the field count to the franchise in ways that are not immediately obvious but have long-term benefit. Those things are the intangibles that define franchises. There is no law against having that gun, but carrying it around where it is illegal to do so, and ignoring the law repeatedly, is considered a risk to the franchise. He can smoke a joint in public where it is legal...no problem.  But if he does so repeatedly in a state like Kansas, where it is not, then it is a risk to the franchise, even if that Kansas law is stupid. It is what it is.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Yes, it does serve a purpose.  It sends the rest of the Chiefs the message that illegal behaviors off the field count to the franchise in ways that are not immediately obvious but have long-term benefit. Those things are the intangibles that define franchises. There is no law against having that gun, but carrying it around where it is illegal to do so, and ignoring the law repeatedly, is considered a risk to the franchise. He can smoke a joint in public where it is legal...no problem.  But if he does so repeatedly in a state like Kansas, where it is not, then it is a risk to the franchise, even if that Kansas law is stupid. It is what it is.

Yeah fuck due process.  

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Shit in CA a semiautomatic AR-15 is illegal. And if that is a true uzi than without a doubt it's illegal.

2 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Does sending a message work for this type of person?  Canning Hunt didn't seem to impact Breeland and letting Breeland walk for peanuts obviously didn't make Clark toe the line.  I think some are the type who feel that rules don't apply until they're caught and apparently Clark is one of them.  If the reports of his earlier arrest is true, it sure didn't keep him out of the same type of trouble three months later.  I'd be very disappointed if the Chiefs cut him before his trial (if there is one) and the league works out the penalty.  He's probably gone after this season anyway and I think he'll play here for most or all of this one.  

2 hours ago, xen said:

Sure.  If they repeatedly do it.  Did Hunt have issues other than the big one?

I think he attacked a woman before, in a domestic

1 hour ago, xen said:

Yeah fuck due process.  

That's what I always say.  By the way, there is no due process when an employer fires an employee.  It could be that the position is no longer needed, or the employee smarted off to a boss, or  maybe had a lousy work record or unexcused absences. Terminating an employee of a football franchise is not a criminal prosecution and does not demand due process. Right? If you disrupt the work environment or are toxic to the wellbeing of the business, you are gone.

4 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Does sending a message work for this type of person?  Canning Hunt didn't seem to impact Breeland and letting Breeland walk for peanuts obviously didn't make Clark toe the line.  I think some are the type who feel that rules don't apply until they're caught and apparently Clark is one of them.  If the reports of his earlier arrest is true, it sure didn't keep him out of the same type of trouble three months later.  I'd be very disappointed if the Chiefs cut him before his trial (if there is one) and the league works out the penalty.  He's probably gone after this season anyway and I think he'll play here for most or all of this one.  

Depends on the person, right?  But either way, for good or for ill, it has an impact on the entire team, so the team is part of the whole equation.

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Tell that to the NFLPA or any number of union lawyers. 

If the firing violates a contract, then lawsuits are the remedy.  But I don't think any player will ever want to keep playing for a team he is suing.  So, your point is moot.

6 hours ago, xen said:

For having a gun???  I mean yeah it was dumb but only considering where he was.  In my state thats not even a citation.  Hell they might give you a ticket here if you DON'T have a gun in your car.

But he wasn’t in your state. 

he represents the team... you said yourself he was a leader in the locker room. Or someone did. 

fucking act like it. Is that too much to ask?

1 hour ago, xen said:

Yeah fuck due process.  

2012 home invasion and burglary

2014 Domestic violence (kicked off team)

March 2021 arrested, firearms charge

June 2021 arrested, firearms charge

Sure... poor guy never gets due process 

he’s an idiot, is what he is

1 hour ago, mex said:

He's a team leader...in arrests.

10 hours ago, mex said:

But he wasn’t in your state. 

he represents the team... you said yourself he was a leader in the locker room. Or someone did. 

fucking act like it. Is that too much to ask?

I was responding to the thought that he shouldn't be able to play in the NFL again.

10 hours ago, mex said:

Agree he's acted like an idiot at times. You probably would be too if you were raised homeless on the street by a crackhead mom.

I still don't think the last two are even constitutional laws, although if it helps ya the 9th Circuit Court agrees with you that those laws are totally constitutional.  I know how much you love the 9th circuit.  😃

14 hours ago, mex said:

Even idiots get due process.  It's in the constitution we used to follow.  

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

Even idiots get due process.  It's in the constitution we used to follow.  

due process to what? a fair trial? pretty sure he'll get that

I mean, did he NOT have an uzi in his vehicle?  If he didn't, then I'm right there with ya

for the record, gun laws suck... all of them

but that's not the issue here

the issue is we have a 'leader' on this team that is constantly getting into trouble... big trouble... the kind of trouble that, at least in my experience, leads to bigger trouble

if he did in fact have an illegal weapon, it's the SECOND TIME in three months

regardless of due process

IMO we don't need that on this team

not now, not ever

2 hours ago, mex said:

I mean, did he NOT have an uzi in his vehicle?  If he didn't, then I'm right there with ya

the issue is we have a 'leader' on this team that is constantly getting into trouble... big trouble... the kind of trouble that, at least in my experience, leads to bigger trouble

not now, not ever

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on you, fool me three times, shame on you.  Fool me four times, shame on me.

3 hours ago, mex said:

not now, not ever

For me, due process includes an investigation, considering extenuating circumstances, and getting all the facts straight beyond what's put out by our unreliable media looking to make a sensational story.  I'm not disagreeing with you in general, just a little less quick in handing out penalties before we really know the facts.  Half this board was wanting to destroy Hill two years ago before the facts of his girl friend's probable motives were explained.  

45 minutes ago, jetlord said:

For me, due process includes an investigation, considering extenuating circumstances, and getting all the facts straight beyond what's put out by our unreliable media looking to make a sensational story.  I'm not disagreeing with you in general, just a little less quick in handing out penalties before we really know the facts.  Half this board was wanting to destroy Hill two years ago before the facts of his girl friend's probable motives were explained.  

:lol::lol::lol: "Extenuating circumstances" that might require an Uzi in your car?  

Maybe there were 19 people in a school bus chasing him with hatchets, screaming threatening things at him.  😂

Just giving you a hard time, Jet.  BTW, I agree with you about Hill.  People were ready to throw him away...until they saw him run under 85 yard passes and do backflips afterwards. Hell, if Clark would get 15 sacks this season, he can carry an H-Bomb in his car for all I care.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Oh I agree on the media my friend. They just want a scoop and to hell with the circumstances.  

but this one seems pretty cut and dry. He either had a reason to be arrested, or the cops lied. Which does happen. But if he had the weapon in his vehicle, he’s got no excuse