Frank Clark arrested

2 minutes ago, mex said:

Oh I agree on the media my friend. They just want a scoop and to hell with the circumstances.  

but this one seems pretty cut and dry. He either had a reason to be arrested, or the cops lied. Which does happen. But if he had the weapon in his vehicle, he’s got no excuse

I'll agree that under California law he deserved to be arrested.  I won't concede that we should throw him to the wolves until all facts come out from reliable sources. Was it full auto or not?  Was it his or his friends?  Does he have a license for it?  Why was he transporting it?  The only think we know for sure that he should be convicted for is driving a yellow Lambo SUV.  For a guy who thinks a Lambo is the best looking car on the road, that's criminal.  

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

The only think we know for sure that he should be convicted for is driving a yellow Lambo SUV.  For a guy who thinks a Lambo is the best looking car on the road, that's criminal.

A guy who thinks a yellow car of any kind is the best color of car should be arrested immediately.

• 2 weeks later...

6 minutes ago, Balto said:

Just saw that he got "officially" charged with a Felony for the Uzi and faces up to 3 years in prison.

Just saw this. Thanks for the awesome play in the final weeks and playoffs during the Chiefs super bowl winning season and guys, I have to think, an announcement releasing him will quickly follow. Wow. Just wow 

14 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well I wonder if he can be cut then without cap space being hit due to this?

Has to violate something in his contract.

Chiefs DE Frank Clark was charged with felony possession of a weapon.

The charge stems from his arrest on June 20 after police spotted an uzi inside an open duffle bag during a routine traffic stop in Los Angeles. He claimed the gun belonged to a member of his security team. Prosecutors will still bring him back for another hearing next week. He faces up to three years in prison and could more immediately be placed on the exempt list with paid leave until his plea or conviction is final.

Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Frank Clark has been charged with felony possession of an assault weapon stemming from his March arrest — not his June arrest — according to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office. Clark’s arraignment is set for Wednesday, July 14.

The story of Clark’s charge was first reported by TMZ Sports but incorrectly noted it stemmed from the June 20 arrest.

As first noted by Sam McDowell of The Kansas City Star, Clark was arrested in March on a gun charge during a traffic stop. He was then arrested again in mid-June for illegal firearm possession.

Kansas City Chiefs pass rusher Frank Clark was officially charged with a felony due to possession of an assault weapon on Friday according to TMZ.

For the sake of clarification, K.C. Star reporter Herbie Teope notes this charge comes from an incident from March and not the most recent arrest in June, both for the same charge. Just last month, Clark was caught in California with an Uzi in his Lambo SUV.

It is reported that he will be facing up to three years in prison due to these charges which is not looking good for the Chiefs defense.

With the history of Clark, and the matter of this being his second occurrence as well, he is going to be taking the charge from his first arrest. The Chiefs will be looking to do what they can, but with this being in the hands of the law, things are not looking good.

What we know:

Clark was pulled over in late June for a reason that still hasn’t been released to the public, but after being pulled over the cop in L.A., he noticed an Uzi sticking out of his duffle bag. Given Clark’s history, it was immediately a bad sign for Chiefs fans, but after hearing he will be charged with possession of an illegal firearm, Clark could face real jail time, depending on how things plead out.

Looking forward into the Chiefs and how things will play out for them, the Personal Conduct Policy gives the NFL commissioner the ability to put Clark on the Commissioner Exempt list. However, if the case is not solved before the 2021 season, the Chiefs are to pay out the $18.5 million that he is owed regardless if he is playing or not.

After the 2020 season, Clark’s contract became guaranteed to ensure pay even with injury, skill, and/or cap. The Chiefs could look at a work around that will allow them to cut Clark without having to pay out the $18.5 million that he is owed.

What we don’t know:

The circumstances of his arrest, and how likely he is to face the maximum years of the charge, is still unknown to the public. However, the biggest question unanswered right now is rather or not he will plead guilty in which it becomes a matter of the commissioner and his decision to place him on paid leave.

There are still so many details surrounding both events that remain out of the public sphere that it’s impossible to state with any certainty what could happen to Clark, both in terms of the legal system and in terms of what this means for his availability to play for the Chiefs in 2021 and beyond. Expect further information to come forth and for the team to likely display patience in the interim.

The commissioner needs to put him on the exempt list before the start of the season or they will have to pay him no matter what this year, from what I see above.

Looking forward into the Chiefs and how things will play out for them, the Personal Conduct Policy gives the NFL commissioner the ability to put Clark on the Commissioner Exempt list. However, if the case is not solved before the 2021 season, the Chiefs are to pay out the $18.5 million that he is owed regardless if he is playing or not.

On 6/21/2021 at 5:02 PM, xen said:

Cali.  Illegal possession of a firearm.  Traffic stop.  In the car.

Why would he repeatedly carry illegally a fully automatic weapon in his car?  He had to know it was illegal.  He knew that he had been arrested in June and that police would be keyed in on him. He must be trying to find a way out of football.

It doesn’t take an elite pass rusher to win a super bowl. DT couldn’t get us there. 

I like his game attitude and his swagger, but truth be told we never needed that amount of money to go to an edge rusher. 

OL is everything when you have an elite, one of a kind QB. 

8 hours ago, kkuenn said:

The commissioner needs to put him on the exempt list before the start of the season or they will have to pay him no matter what this year, from what I see above.

Looking forward into the Chiefs and how things will play out for them, the Personal Conduct Policy gives the NFL commissioner the ability to put Clark on the Commissioner Exempt list. However, if the case is not solved before the 2021 season, the Chiefs are to pay out the $18.5 million that he is owed regardless if he is playing or not.

If true I’d expect KC to ask Roger to go ahead and put him on the list ASAP.  Doesn’t mean he is off the Chiefs or even going to jail.  Just simply means he won’t play being on the list until the legal side is done and also gives KC flexibility if they need to use it.