Frank Clark arrested

• 2 weeks later...

Frank Clark’s contract

It feels like common knowledge at this point that Frank Clark is expensive, but it still feels shocking every time to look at the actual numbers. Clark has the single biggest cap hit this season of any defensive player in the NFL. He’s got the biggest cap hit of any member of the Kansas City Chiefs in 2021. He’s No. 7 overall of any NFL player as Clark Hunt is on the hook to pony up $25.8 million for Clark’s services this season.

Here’s the crazy(er) part: Clark is owed $500K more than that next season and $2 million more in 2023.

4 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Frank Clark’s contract

It feels like common knowledge at this point that Frank Clark is expensive, but it still feels shocking every time to look at the actual numbers. Clark has the single biggest cap hit this season of any defensive player in the NFL. He’s got the biggest cap hit of any member of the Kansas City Chiefs in 2021. He’s No. 7 overall of any NFL player as Clark Hunt is on the hook to pony up $25.8 million for Clark’s services this season.

Here’s the crazy(er) part: Clark is owed $500K more than that next season and $2 million more in 2023.

It's all about the dead money after this year. Goes down by half which will be an interesting decision if Clark can actually bounce back. 

8 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

What the heck did he even do in Seattle to warrant that contract? It is like they thought he was prime JJ Watt or Aaron Donald. Yet I’ve heard of those guys. I never even heard of Frank until he was traded. He isn’t Dee Ford. But he also isn’t Tamba Hali.

Clark deal was one of the worst trades ever. Gave up way too much. If Garrappalo completes that pass to a wide open Sanders , Clark would be seen for what he really is, an average DE.

10 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

What the heck did he even do in Seattle to warrant that contract? It is like they thought he was prime JJ Watt or Aaron Donald. Yet I’ve heard of those guys. I never even heard of Frank until he was traded. He isn’t Dee Ford. But he also isn’t Tamba Hali.

He was an up & coming DE with double digit sacks for 3 years after his rookie season. Solid against the run, setting the edge well while getting to the QB quite often. It's not unusual to see players getting overpaid in FA if the GM is really high on them. I think Flowers' FA deal raised the market for worse and a stupid move by Detroit messed up the new deal.

Seattle was forced to let him go for less but I'm not sure if some other team was raising the trade value back then but Clark basically got Khalil Mack treatment with prime picks and a huge deal.

I thought the Chiefs gave up too much for Clark two years ago.  He was over paid by nearly any standards.  BUT!  If he hadn't been on the roster in the playoffs and SB after the 2019 season, we fans would still be complaining about 52 years without a championship.  Was it worth the longer term overpayment?  Who knows.  The Royals gave away their future to pick up a top pitcher and solid offensive player mid season and won the WS.  I'd say it was worth it.  Time to accept the bad contract and move on.  

• 2 months later...

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Now officially charged I the second incident. I pray to God this ends in us no longer having any contractual obligations to him outside guaranteed money. Freeing up his entire salary next year and avoiding his dead cap hit would be absolutely huge. 

Cross our fingers.