Frank Clark arrested

9 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I had no idea what a punk he was. Especially after being arrested in March on another gun charge.  What is he thinking? And driving a Lambourghini SUV?  This is where he is spending the money from that contract? As soured as people were on his performance, this is a big loss.  Maybe wherever his mind is,  has something to do with why he was available to us to start with and why he has underperformed? He said the Uzi was for someone in his security detail.  Why does he need so much security?  What the hell is he up to? 28 year old dumb kid. I just looked it up.  A 2021 Laborghini URUS costs $222,000.

Exactly.  A Lamborghini?  He should have gone with the Ferrari like pat.

LOL, I fell asleep last night after work, and didn't finish replying to this topic. 

Stupid decision by Clark. Yeah the Chiefs overpaid, but at least we got one decent post-season out of him that netted a SB win. Having said that, I still hope everything works out with Clark, but given the climate, and how things are today, who knows. 

17 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

He will play this year. Cut or traded next year unless he takes a pay cut.

If the Chiefs decide on action of their own it should be semi quickly I'd assume.

That being said why would a C+ to B- graded player   regardless of contract need "security" in which thy would need a UZI for God's sake? Even if a semi and used for shock appeal why Security? I mean Patrick doesn't have armed security  that we know of.  That statement alone IF TRUE makes me  have to wonder about his character.

Frank Clark‘s arrest Sunday night for felony illegal possession of a firearm was his second gun charge in three months.

Sam McDowell of the Kansas City Star uncovered California Highway Patrol records that show the Chiefs defensive end was arrested March 13 along with another man, Charles Smith, on a gun charge during a traffic stop.

Officers observed and recovered two loaded firearms inside the vehicle during a traffic stop at 11:45 p.m. PT on March 12. The police report obtained by the newspaper shows Clark and Smith were pulled over because the vehicle in which they were traveling did not display a front license plate.

Officers saw the muzzle of a firearm in a bag in the back seat and recovered two loaded firearms — one rifle and one handgun — from the vehicle.

Clark was released on $35,000 bond on March 13.

A Chiefs spokesman told McDowell the team is aware of Clark’s arrest but did not have a comment. It is unclear whether the Chiefs knew about Clark’s first arrest this offseason.

Did I miss something or is this the first time we are hearing about his arrest back in MARCH for having a loaded Rifle and a loaded handgun in the back seat?????

So this is his second arrest in a matter of months!

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

ingram?? really?? why?  he's old and broken down

Houston AND Ingram......This would allow both to play half as much giving them plenty of rest.

Frank Clark had one of the most snap counts on our D last season with 756, over 70% of snaps.  My thought would be to split those snaps with Houston and Ingram giving them each around 400 each.  BTW Houston had over 600 snaps last season with Colts and Ingram had 362 in only 7 games!  Reducing both to around 400 each could do wonders and should easily replace Clark's production and cost us much less.

51 minutes ago, Balto said:

Houston AND Ingram......This would allow both to play half as much giving them plenty of rest.

Frank Clark had one of the most snap counts on our D last season with 756, over 70% of snaps.  My thought would be to split those snaps with Houston and Ingram giving them each around 400 each.  BTW Houston had over 600 snaps last season with Colts and Ingram had 362 in only 7 games!  Reducing both to around 400 each could do wonders and should easily replace Clark's production and cost us much less.

I see your logic but without knowing Houston or Ingram's salary demands  your last 4 words  are just an assumption. From what I could gather Ingram left the Chief's facility empty handed because of his salary demands, now if your assuming the Chiefs  release Clark will have $$ to spend  I'm not thinking they should pay Ingram the extra $$ just because they have it.. that is not sound economics.

3 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I see your logic but without knowing Houston or Ingram's salary demands  your last 4 words  are just an assumption. From what I could gather Ingram left the Chief's facility empty handed because of his salary demands, now if your assuming the Chiefs  release Clark will have $$ to spend  I'm not thinking they should pay Ingram the extra $$ just because they have it.. that is not sound economics.

I'm not saying OVERSPEND on Houston+Ingram duo.  I'm saying IF KC can truly cut bait with Clark and get all that cap space back then Paying Houston+Ingram should still be much less than what Clark was costing us.  

5 minutes ago, Balto said:

I'm not saying OVERSPEND on Houston+Ingram duo.  I'm saying IF KC can truly cut bait with Clark and get all that cap space back then Paying Houston+Ingram should still be much less than what Clark was costing us.  

ok but  cutting 1 player to replace with 2 some other position will have to take the hit..or you cutting Taco?

1 minute ago, THEWIZARD said:

So does anyone know for sure if they cut him will they be off the hook for that ridiculous salary? If so this could bea blessing.

Not sure yet.  I have been looking but can't find anything.  I do wonder if KC Can't or at least couldn't from a first offense because he was arrested back in March for having two loaded weapons in his vehicle and KC have not released him for that so makes me think weapon charge does not allow them to get Cap back.  With that said, I am wondering if a 2nd offense and possible being a federal crime this time DOES allow KC to cut bait and get that cap back.

18 minutes ago, Balto said:

Not sure yet.  I have been looking but can't find anything.  I do wonder if KC Can't or at least couldn't from a first offense because he was arrested back in March for having two loaded weapons in his vehicle and KC have not released him for that so makes me think weapon charge does not allow them to get Cap back.  With that said, I am wondering if a 2nd offense and possible being a federal crime this time DOES allow KC to cut bait and get that cap back.

What makes it a federal crime, isn't it all about the state law? 

8 minutes ago, Balto said:

If it truly was a fully automatic Uzi that bumps it up to federal at that point from what I'm reading. 

Hopefully that helps out in terms of the contract. The dead money is gone but we should be able to salvage the rest. 

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

whats that in real $$$??

Wanna say cutting him now without gun charges would cost us about $38M in Dead money and save no cap space.  

I'm thinking IF there is a Moral clause in his contract so KC can save money releasing him it would gain us about $25.8M(Base salary+Work out bonus+prorated signing Bonus) - $6.8M(prorated Signing Bonus) = $19M in 2021 Cap Relief 

Just a guess but seems correct unless KC can ask for signing bonus money BACK /shrug 

32 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I read that it wasn't fully automatic.

you know the rules Bil..no link never happened. beside dont have to be full auto to be a felony..most links say felony

https://sports.yahoo.com/frank-clark-arrested-felony-illegal-220307174.html

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-chiefs-frank-clark-arrested-004937079.html

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/report-chiefs-frank-clark-arrested-felony-weapons-charge-2021-06-22/

yad yada yada