Put 2 and 2 together on Chris Jones playing more DE?

Does reports now coming out that Frank Clark was arrested back in March on having a loaded rifle and a loaded handgun in his vehicle give us a better reason why Jones has been practicing more and more at DE?

Have KC feared all along that a suspension was coming for Clark because of that March arrest?  

Seems very logical and I wonder what action Hunt/Veach/Reid take with this second arrest?  You gotta think everyone made it very clear to Frank that he needs to keep his head down and of course not get arrested with having a uzi in his vehicle haha.

But did Clark mess up?   He might have given us an out.   I'm not sure this intestinal issue hasn't already sapped his career.   While it would suck this year getting out of that 20 million this year would be huge.   Could grab Houston and Ingram and I'm not sure we couldn't be better with those guy for just this year.  I'm not a Clark hater but this was a huge year for him and to have back to back arrests for gun charges isn't a great start.   I'll let it play out before I judge to harshly.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

But did Clark mess up?   He might have given us an out.   I'm not sure this intestinal issue hasn't already sapped his career.   While it would suck this year getting out of that 20 million this year would be huge.   Could grab Houston and Ingram and I'm not sure we couldn't be better with those guy for just this year.  I'm not a Clark hater but this was a huge year for him and to have back to back arrests for gun charges isn't a great start.   I'll let it play out before I judge to harshly.

Good point. Maybe a blessing. 

7 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I would rather have him play a year in somewhat of a contract season before being let go but his base salary for 2021 sure is high so it's probably all about how he would perform. Might be a blessing if he would suck, could be a loss if he would be really motivated. 

Okay, we all agree that Clark was/is overpaid and under performing.  But let's not be so anxious to be rid of him.  He's still better than whoever would replace him this season and Jones moving to DE is probably more a result of more bodies on the interior than on the edge right now.  Plus, Clark was likely slated to be released after this season.  

Pretty interesting putting sacks next to snaps. Not bad by Taco. A sack every 45 snaps.  Hope he can stay healthy. 

Sacks Snaps  
Jones 7.5 693 92.4
Clark 6 756 126
Okafor 3 283 94
Danna 2.5 334 133
Wharton 2 518 259
Charlton 2 90 45

9 hours ago, DieHard said:

Pretty interesting putting sacks next to snaps. Not bad by Taco. A sack every 45 snaps.  Hope he can stay healthy. 

Sacks Snaps  
Jones 7.5 693 92.4
Clark 6 756 126
Okafor 3 283 94
Danna 2.5 334 133
Wharton 2 518 259
Charlton 2 90 45

Sample size is way too low for Taco so doesn't seem like realistic expectations but considering his potential coming out I think we could expect a healthy Taco to be a decent option at DE. 

10 hours ago, sith13 said:

Sample size is way too low for Taco so doesn't seem like realistic expectations but considering his potential coming out I think we could expect a healthy Taco to be a decent option at DE. 

The only thing I know is Taco is good on Tuesday. Other than that there is no reason to think TACO is special.

On 6/24/2021 at 2:07 AM, sith13 said:

Not really a whole lot of choices at this point.