Biggest AFC threats to the Chiefs?

38 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

I would say the list(in order) is:

1. The Bills

2. The Ravens(If they would ever figure out how to win a playoff game with their RB.....errr QB)

3. Colts

4. Browns

5. The rest of the AFC

I'd go with this and put S.D. at 5

1 hour ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

I would say the list(in order) is:

1. The Bills

2. The Ravens(If they would ever figure out how to win a playoff game with their RB.....errr QB)

3. Colts

4. Browns

5. The rest of the AFC

Agree but switch browns and colts

I'll be honest I think the Titans are a bigger threat than the Ravens.   

1. Bills - Josh Allen is an elite qb in a tier right below Mahomes.

2. S.D. - If they are healthy they might be #1.   That D is legit.

3.  Titans - Julio adds another dimension

4.  Ravens - Well coached and tough.

5.  Browns - Talented but Baker is questionable.

6.  Colts - Still a qb away

I'm with Jetlord on the Titans.  Chargers are brought up every year as the team on the cusp, reminds me of the Bengals of the early 2000's.   What happened to them after Marvin Lewis was fired?   Same song second verse with the Chargers and Anthony Lynn.   

9 hours ago, Chiefsbro said:

I'm with Jetlord on the Titans.  Chargers are brought up every year as the team on the cusp, reminds me of the Bengals of the early 2000's.   What happened to them after Marvin Lewis was fired?   Same song second verse with the Chargers and Anthony Lynn.   

The difference is they now have an elite QB. Same as Chiefs the difference Mahomes makes for KC. 

It's really hard to predict who the competitive teams will be.  Only eight years ago the Chiefs went from 2-14 to 10-6 and a playoff spot with the major changes being Smith and Reid.  I think the Titans could make a similar leap from a much higher starting point.  

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It's really hard to predict who the competitive teams will be.  Only eight years ago the Chiefs went from 2-14 to 10-6 and a playoff spot with the major changes being Smith and Reid.  I think the Titans could make a similar leap from a much higher starting point.  

Was it not 11-5? I am sure it was 

9 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

The difference is they now have an elite QB. Same as Chiefs the difference Mahomes makes for KC. 

KC had a history of either being one and done in the playoffs or win one lose in the next round of the playoffs.   Even going into the playoffs with Mahomes that first year after that regular seasin. he had their was still quite a few that didn't believe KC was anything more than what their history said they were and that Reid wasn't capable of winning a SB.  Herbert may indeed be the real deal but they do have a history of being hyped up and then not living up to it. Like KC had to do with their playoff history SD has too overcome their history before people will see them as anything other than the overhyped team that they have been.  

59 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

KC had a history of either being one and done in the playoffs or win one lose in the next round of the playoffs.   Even going into the playoffs with Mahomes that first year after that regular seasin. he had their was still quite a few that didn't believe KC was anything more than what their history said they were and that Reid wasn't capable of winning a SB.  Herbert may indeed be the real deal but they do have a history of being hyped up and then not living up to it. Like KC had to do with their playoff history SD has too overcome their history before people will see them as anything other than the overhyped team that they have been.  

Herbert changes that like Mahomes did. He played with one of the worst oline last year and an idiot for a coach. Yes Chargers have a losing recent history. That QB is the real deal.  Should be a great rivalry going forward. I dont care about media hype. Its all BS. Even the NOW KC MAHOMES HYPE is BS. AFC West will be fun to watch. Go Chiefs.

Ravens- went after WR to help LJ- KC secondary is weak after the Badger. Baltimore defense always shows up.

Titans- went after Julio but I am not sure how much he helps a team that relied on Henry and PA- Tannehill is still a mediocre QB that needs a running game

Chargers- Herbert looks to be the real deal, lots of talent on the roster

Patriots- 2nd year for Cam and Belichik akways fields a competitive team

Indy- Wentz may be the answer- good defense

Browns- if Mayfield can figure it out, he can win. Defense is very good

9 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Ravens- went after WR to help LJ- KC secondary is weak after the Badger. Baltimore defense always shows up.

Titans- went after Julio but I am not sure how much he helps a team that relied on Henry and PA- Tannehill is still a mediocre QB that needs a running game

Chargers- Herbert looks to be the real deal, lots of talent on the roster

Patriots- 2nd year for Cam and Belichik akways fields a competitive team

Indy- Wentz may be the answer- good defense

Browns- if Mayfield can figure it out, he can win. Defense is very good

Kc defense secondary is weak after HB? We lost only one person from last year and had others stepping up plus some talent that did not play much. I think we will be fine.

Cam won't don't shit, imo. They will be mediocre like last year and will wait to start their rookie qb at the right time. They loaded up on receiver/te will help the rookie more than cam imo.

Chargers have talent, always have but can never get it together.  With a new coach and tape on the QB for his second year, we will have to wait and see. They have a lot of history to overcome as they are always billed to win it.

Indy had a good qb last year, better than Wentz, how did they do again?

Browns may be one to watch for. They have the playoff monkey off their back. I could see them crash and burning though too.