Biggest AFC threats to the Chiefs?

33 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Ravens- went after WR to help LJ- KC secondary is weak after the Badger. Baltimore defense always shows up.  Whatever.

Titans- went after Julio but I am not sure how much he helps a team that relied on Henry and PA- Tannehill is still a mediocre QB that needs a running game Lucky for him he has a running game. 

Chargers- Herbert looks to be the real deal, lots of talent on the roster Kid looks good.  Not sure about the coaching and culture.

Patriots- 2nd year for Cam and Belichik akways fields a competitive team  Has been competitive with Brady.  Not without. 

Indy- Wentz may be the answer- good defense  Will be interesting to see how they do.

Browns- if Mayfield can figure it out, he can win. Defense is very good  They scare me the most. 

4 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Ravens- went after WR to help LJ- KC secondary is weak after the Badger. Baltimore defense always shows up.

Titans- went after Julio but I am not sure how much he helps a team that relied on Henry and PA- Tannehill is still a mediocre QB that needs a running game

Chargers- Herbert looks to be the real deal, lots of talent on the roster

Patriots- 2nd year for Cam and Belichik akways fields a competitive team

Indy- Wentz may be the answer- good defense

Browns- if Mayfield can figure it out, he can win. Defense is very good

If the Chiefs fixed their line, and it not been proved yet, they will have improved their offense a ton.  The defense won't be worse unless Clark misses a major part of the season so while the other teams have made changes for the better, so have the Chiefs.  

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

If the Chiefs fixed their line, and it not been proved yet, they will have improved their offense a ton.  The defense won't be worse unless Clark misses a major part of the season so while the other teams have made changes for the better, so have the Chiefs.  

Chiefs added Reed too. Huge plus for run defense which is the area we sucked at big time.

8 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Ravens- went after WR to help LJ- KC secondary is weak after the Badger. Baltimore defense always shows up.

Titans- went after Julio but I am not sure how much he helps a team that relied on Henry and PA- Tannehill is still a mediocre QB that needs a running game

Chargers- Herbert looks to be the real deal, lots of talent on the roster

Patriots- 2nd year for Cam and Belichik akways fields a competitive team

Indy- Wentz may be the answer- good defense

Browns- if Mayfield can figure it out, he can win. Defense is very good

Define weak, if you would.  Frankly, our DB's are the least of my concern when the  Chiefs face the Ravens as LJ can only consistently hit receivers/TE's over the intermediate middle.  He's absolutely sub-par along the boundaries and deep.  

Per https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2020-secondary-rankings.  I'm not a huge PFF fan by any stretch, but my recollection of 2020 was that we had very young DB's that produced at far high levels then I had expected and the rankings below (Ravens were at 5) support my recollection.  

10. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Unlike in 2019, Kansas City cracks the top 10 because of its cornerback room — not because of the Honey Badger. Charvarius Ward and Bashaud Breeland ranked 12th and 14th, respectively, in yards allowed per coverage snap on the outside. And when second-year corner Rashad Fenton and rookie L’Jarius Sneed filled in on the field, they looked pretty sharp considering their lack of experience. 

Fenton recorded an 82.3 coverage grade when on the outside earlier in the year. Whether Sneed was in the slot or manning the outside, he provided valiant play for the Chiefs with a 73.8 coverage grade on the season. He allowed just 13 first downs in coverage while intercepting three passes, breaking up four balls and forcing seven passing stops.

3 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

Define weak, if you would.  Frankly, our DB's are the least of my concern when the  Chiefs face the Ravens as LJ can only consistently hit receivers/TE's over the intermediate middle.  He's absolutely sub-par along the boundaries and deep.  

Per https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2020-secondary-rankings.  I'm not a huge PFF fan by any stretch, but my recollection of 2020 was that we had very young DB's that produced at far high levels then I had expected and the rankings below (Ravens were at 5) support my recollection.  

10. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

Unlike in 2019, Kansas City cracks the top 10 because of its cornerback room — not because of the Honey Badger. Charvarius Ward and Bashaud Breeland ranked 12th and 14th, respectively, in yards allowed per coverage snap on the outside. And when second-year corner Rashad Fenton and rookie L’Jarius Sneed filled in on the field, they looked pretty sharp considering their lack of experience. 

Fenton recorded an 82.3 coverage grade when on the outside earlier in the year. Whether Sneed was in the slot or manning the outside, he provided valiant play for the Chiefs with a 73.8 coverage grade on the season. He allowed just 13 first downs in coverage while intercepting three passes, breaking up four balls and forcing seven passing stops.

The lack of a pass rush will put KC defense secondary in trouble. I see KC in high scoring shoot outs. 

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

It's surprising that you didn't just post "The team that scores more points than their opponents."  😉

Actually, I meant to say "the team that beats the Chiefs in a playoff game."  Or possibly "whichever team wins the AFC, who is also not the Chiefs."  These both are important for everyone to deeply think about. 

On 7/15/2021 at 6:52 PM, TomahawkChop said:

10. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

PFF is a weird thing, man....they talk about the whole CB room with the Chiefs yet only mention Hump and Jimmy Smith for the Ravens while totally ignoring the leader in INTs since he came into the league- Marcus Peters. Ridiculous....IMO it renders any other assessment as weak and incomplete....

Jaylen Ramsey got torched by Lamar on MNF in 2019- the whole secondary gave up 5 TDs in a rout.....

They talk about Nelson like he's a Pro Bowler yet he ranked 39th out of starting CB's....he's trash....so PFF really screwed this up.....can't take it seriously....