Revisiting A Roof Over Arrowhead

219816143_511455456631386_33058191836517

219666480_511455546631377_35619434031909

219827739_511455589964706_77873047720390

220054134_511455506631381_86959146298643

-KC ARROWHEAD STADIUM NEW VISION ?
Plans are resurfacing again in installing a new “Rolling Roof” for the Kansas City Chiefs Football Stadium. The taxpayers for Jackson County in Kansas City, Missouri once voted in 2006 for a massive sliding roof to cover each stadium and was narrowly defeated by a vote of 52 x 48 ... This year with the MaHomes era - the cold post season playoffs in a climate control warm stadium -is within the visions of City planners once again. Vote Yes this time. (Courtesy: Johnny Blades)

17 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

219816143_511455456631386_33058191836517

219666480_511455546631377_35619434031909

219827739_511455589964706_77873047720390

220054134_511455506631381_86959146298643

-KC ARROWHEAD STADIUM NEW VISION ?
Plans are resurfacing again in installing a new “Rolling Roof” for the Kansas City Chiefs Football Stadium. The taxpayers for Jackson County in Kansas City, Missouri once voted in 2006 for a massive sliding roof to cover each stadium and was narrowly defeated by a vote of 52 x 48 ... This year with the MaHomes era - the cold post season playoffs in a climate control warm stadium -is within the visions of City planners once again. Vote Yes this time. (Courtesy: Johnny Blades)

Gordon Ramsay Food GIF by Masterchef

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

you'll see new stadiums before you see a sliding roof

what i think would happen...royals decide to move downtown and chiefs get sports complex for themselves and build an entertainment complex where baseball stadium is with roof over Arrowhead, probably completed long after i have gone...

From my understanding there was never supposed to make it FULLY enclosed.  So there would be “climate control” when it comes to temperature and probably only used with major weather coming in.

I also recall the NFL promising a Super Bowl if it was built and I’m sure that’s a major attraction to Hunt and the city.  

I love the design and would love to see it built.

I've been to Arrowhead in December and suffered some "cool" weather. It would definitely be helpful to have a roof covering the stadium for comfort but I've always considered the weather to be an integral part of football and wouldn't mind suffering a little as a fan. I know it's harder on the players and they would benefit a lot but it's sort of against the idea of the sport IMO. 

two of the most enjoyable chiefs games i have been to in recent years

Chiefs @ Washington 2013 & Bronco's vs Chiefs 2019

Both played out in the elements (Heavy Snow) and my Son's and i attended and enjoyed both. Cold & Wet, Yes it was but it was way more fun than playing in a sterile dome environment

1 hour ago, xen said:

Actually I think we lost.  Dont remember.  Seems forever ago.

Losses are pretty nice to forget. There were periods, as we all know, though, where we lost the vast majority of games no matter where we played. Home or away, fair weather or foul, we generally lost.

3 hours ago, xen said:

Sat in the upper deck during an ice storm vs chargers I think.  Don't wish to do that again.  I like the roof.  

I love it. Just think too, it’s already loud. Could you imagine the deafening noise? 

22 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I love it. Just think too, it’s already loud. Could you imagine the deafening noise? 

I have been slowly coming to the conlusion that the noise makes far less difference than it used to, because all of the players have helmets with transmitter/receivers, so the offenses can hear the signals from each other, the play calls, the adjustments, the snap, etc. I know that's bad news for Chiefs Noise Kingdom, but our advantage now lies in Mahomes, himself. There is still an advantage at home, because of the travel week or non-travel week.

3 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I have been slowly coming to the conlusion that the noise makes far less difference than it used to, because all of the players have helmets with transmitter/receivers, so the offenses can hear the signals from each other, the play calls, the adjustments, the snap, etc. I know that's bad news for Chiefs Noise Kingdom, but our advantage now lies in Mahomes, himself. There is still an advantage at home, because of the travel week or non-travel week.

baby what GIF

Man, you guys are nuts to want a Dome or a roof...

Sit outside in the weather; Navy & Marine Corp Stadium in Annapolis is awesome for the Military Bowl

I sat in the old Stadium in Atlanta circa 2004-5- what a cold, sterile environment....like a morgue or a medical testing environment....place sucked compared to old Memorial Stadium where the Colts played or M&T Bank Stadium....

The tiolet bowl where the Tampa Bay Rays play is just that= a toilet bowl. Needs to be flushed out to sea....horrible.

7 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I have been slowly coming to the conlusion that the noise makes far less difference than it used to, because all of the players have helmets with transmitter/receivers, so the offenses can hear the signals from each other, the play calls, the adjustments, the snap, etc. I know that's bad news for Chiefs Noise Kingdom, but our advantage now lies in Mahomes, himself. 

4 people wear the microphone: the 2 QB's and the 2 defensive signal callers

4 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

two of the most enjoyable chiefs games i have been to in recent years

Chiefs @ Washington 2013 & Bronco's vs Chiefs 2019

Both played out in the elements (Heavy Snow) and my Son's and i attended and enjoyed both. Cold & Wet, Yes it was but it was way more fun than playing in a sterile dome environment

It's brutal sitting out there for 3 plus hrs in KC in January. Plus the lack of elements should really give us a distinct advantage in almost any game...period. There's no QB that has Mahomes combination of arm talent, mobility, pocket awareness, etc. So putting them on a "level playing field" or one without elements is actually giving us an advantage in my opinion. 

Granted you could argue the flipside that we are losing a home field advantage that we may have over an out of town, dome, or warm weather city QB. But personally I'd rather have Mahomes slinging it unimpeded by weather and sit in the stands more comfortably.

I've been sitting at games in the elements at Arrowhead for 35 yrs, and the weather can make the experience much less enjoyable. And as a sober person I can't drink to the point that I don't give a shit about the weather anymore 🤣🤣.

16 hours ago, sith13 said:

I've been to Arrowhead in December and suffered some "cool" weather. It would definitely be helpful to have a roof covering the stadium for comfort but I've always considered the weather to be an integral part of football and wouldn't mind suffering a little as a fan. I know it's harder on the players and they would benefit a lot but it's sort of against the idea of the sport IMO. 

You would still get all the “cool” weather because the rolling roof would be like nothing else in the NFL.  The roof would never completely shut in the stadium.  It would be like standing under a canopy during rain/snow storm.  You get cold but not wet…

14 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Who won?  Those SD players aren't exactly used to playing in ice.

I was at that game. I froze my toes off. And yes you would have thought that the SD players wouldn’t be able to handle the cold, but they ran the ball down our throats and won the game. Thinking about it still gives me chills.