Revisiting A Roof Over Arrowhead

1 minute ago, Handswarmer said:

You already had that for so long; why would you wish that on yourselves again? Croyle, Cassel, etc.....

Enjoy Mahomes- I think he is a great QB. I like our QB also but for different reasons.

Cassel and Brokie?  Neither could run much.  Last RB we had at QB was probably Thigpen.

LJ is a good QB, it's just hard to transform into a great passer at this level.  Interested to see what he does with better receivers.

16 hours ago, xen said:

Cassel and Brokie?  Neither could run much.  Last RB we had at QB was probably Thigpen.

LJ is a good QB, it's just hard to transform into a great passer at this level.  Interested to see what he does with better receivers.

Like I heard someone (think it was Pat Kirwan*) say on NFL Radio,

"he's a Great Quarterback; just because he doesn't play the position the way you want him to play it, doesn't mean he isn't good or great". This I agree with wholeheartedly.

When we drafted him, I was against it. I was and still am a Joe Flacco guy. Not a great stat guy but he was always available, he was tough and won more than he lost. Rarely did he cost us the game. And its not like he had some All Pro WR's to throw to either.

Same story with LJ. Just because he's not like Mahomes, doesn't mean he is not great. Only the 2nd Unanimous MVP in league history- Patrick didn't do that.

Different cups of tea.

*cue the Pat Kirwan bashing....

3 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

"he's a Great Quarterback; just because he doesn't play the position the way you want him to play it, doesn't mean he isn't good or great". This I agree with wholeheartedly.

When we drafted him, I was against it. I was and still am a Joe Flacco guy. Not a great stat guy but he was always available, he was tough and won more than he lost. Rarely did he cost us the game. And its not like he had some All Pro WR's to throw to either.

Same story with LJ. Just because he's not like Mahomes, doesn't mean he is not great. Only the 2nd Unanimous MVP in league history- Patrick didn't do that.

Different cups of tea.

Pat Kirwan is a RB playing Analyst.

Different cups of tea.

Explains so much

Different cups of tea.

Reminds me of our time with Smith. Always available and almost never lost a game. He didn't win any games with his arm when needed the most but always carried the team as long as the supporting staff was decent. Hanging on to such QBs makes sense as long as there's nothing better but at some point the fans will start mumbling about a real franchise QB that can carry the team as the cost will not justify the existing production. 

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

Reminds me of our time with Smith. Always available and almost never lost a game. He didn't win any games with his arm when needed the most but always carried the team as long as the supporting staff was decent. Hanging on to such QBs makes sense as long as there's nothing better but at some point the fans will start mumbling about a real franchise QB that can carry the team as the cost will not justify the existing production. 

Actually Joe did win games with his arm- the he won his way throught the regualr season and playoffs in 2012 on the strength of his arm. (Mile High MIracle mean anything)

6 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Actually Joe did win games with his arm- the he won his way throught the regualr season and playoffs in 2012 on the strength of his arm. (Mile High MIracle mean anything)

Definitely the best part of his career but only a 4-game stretch doesn't really contradict the point. Not sure if he won anything with his arm during the regular season, if I remember correctly he was as wild as it gets with a bunch of turnovers and low ratings. 

16 hours ago, sith13 said:

Definitely the best part of his career but only a 4-game stretch doesn't really contradict the point. Not sure if he won anything with his arm during the regular season, if I remember correctly he was as wild as it gets with a bunch of turnovers and low ratings. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/comeback.cgi?player=FlacJo00

7 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

He was rated one of the statistically worse starting was for a few years. I believe it was his accuracy and td/int ratio among others. Think it all was in print when he was traded to the Broncos and we all laughed.

Just a quick search on Flacco from 2 years ago when traded to Denver.

Plenty of articles like this. He did his job though and got hot at the right time to win a SB and get that huge contract too.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/14/joe-flaccos-stats-have-been-below-average-for-four-straight-years/