56 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Tweeted out something about 8 figures, see below. Looks like an extension might might close to being done?

2Eq4oUZT_x96.jpg

8 figures stashed I was waiting for this day to come.

Looks to me like he's more talking about how much he has in the bank!  I hope you are correct!

26 minutes ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Looks to me like he's more talking about how much he has in the bank!  I hope you are correct!

Eight figures could be anything between $10 million and 99million.  That's pretty obvious and tells us nothing.  I'll wait until the deal is announced and confirmed. 

22 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Tweeted out something about 8 figures, see below. Looks like an extension might might close to being done?

2Eq4oUZT_x96.jpg

8 figures stashed I was waiting for this day to come.

To me this simply states that he has "stashed" or saved/grown his bank account and/or investment accounts past at least $10,000,000.

LOVE HB but these are usually the contracts that end up not working out. Wonder if the Pats would give a guy a third contract? Chiefs are getting top heavy. That first round pick used on a running back may have been better used on defense.

44 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

LOVE HB but these are usually the contracts that end up not working out. Wonder if the Pats would give a guy a third contract? Chiefs are getting top heavy. That first round pick used on a running back may have been better used on defense.

Depends on the guy.  This i think is actually his 5th contract.  29 and safeties tend to age well.  Worth it to me.  His game has been about versatility and outsmarting opponents, not necessarily speed, since the knee surgeries.

Even though the timing seems right for a new deal for HB, I won't hold my breath as he was a bit skeptical about the Chiefs' figures early in the offseason. That being said his huge cap hit for 2021 might actually allow us to frontload a big chunk since there's no need for extra cash at this point.