Miss on Ingram, but sign Okafor

Hard to get excited about Okafor.  Sure, he knows the system and played okay when healthy, but he hasn't been healthy for two years with the Chiefs.  Is he better than Dana against the run?  is he better than Taco as a pass rusher assuming both are healthy?  The Chiefs are light at DE and could be lighter if Clark gets significant time off, but I don't see Okafor as more than a fill in.  

Okafor is familar to the system; all around above average player. Good fit for the team and situation.

"Okafor expects to compete for a backup role behind anticipated starters Frank Clark and Chris Jones as the team's edge rushers. Competition at defensive end also includes veteran Taco Charlton, second-year pro Mike Danna and 2021 fourth-round draft pick Joshua Kaindoh."

I don't really see a difference between Okafor and Ingram in terms of impact so both guys are similar signings IMO. Okafor knows the system which could be seen as a plus and I'm more hopeful about Taco or Danna getting much more snaps this year. There's also the likely suspension for Clark which means a dire need for a stopgap early on. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

I don't really see a difference between Okafor and Ingram in terms of impact so both guys are similar signings IMO. Okafor knows the system which could be seen as a plus and I'm more hopeful about Taco or Danna getting much more snaps this year. There's also the likely suspension for Clark which means a dire need for a stopgap early on. 

Yep and I think it is a dire need even with Clark. No pass rush from the front 4 is my concern.

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

Yep and I think it is a dire need even with Clark. No pass rush from the front 4 is my concern.

Reed should help in the pass rush department and maybe Clark will be healthier this year.  Moving Jones is a concern, but he may play more on the inside if Tao comes around.  It would be nice to see Gay blitzing more rather than the corner blitzes that Spags seems to love.  I think the pass rush will be at least average, maybe a little above that.