Didn't take long...

7 hours ago, sith13 said:

I thought they simply retired the horse due to age. A new one, assuming they keep the tradition, should come with a new name to respect Warpaint. 

This is the third Warpaint so that pretty much blows the shit out of that theory.    

They are not continuing the tradition.    

56 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I guess as long as they keep the team name and the Stadium name I can live with it. But I am not optimistic they won't succumb to the "woke" crowd at some point down the road.

The Chiefs will be gone. A relic of the past.

Arrowhead Stadium will be renamed... to something not 'culturally appropriated.'

The chop, the war cry, all will go away because a bunch of privileged white females decided it was all too offensive.

Native Americans love the Chiefs. It won't happen because they ever got upset.

It's privileged whites who speak for poor minorities... because they're too dumb to speak for themselves. 

22 hours ago, Troyofoc said:

Never thought Kaepernick taking a knee would snowball to what it is today.

Everything is politicized today. Virtually everything. As always, professional sports reflects the state of society and the mindset of the American people.  We are a people at war with each other. If we can fix that by cultivating mutual respect and not demonize each other at every turn, this will change. I don't plan to hold my breath. We have been at war with each other throughout our history except for brief periods when we are under attack from outside. Even then, it was only toned down a bit. Sports has been our respite, but this was inevitable.

This has come up before and I still think "Chiefs" is much different than other sport native American names.  I also think Chiefs have done it the correct way and gained support from local and national Native American tribes.

BUT if all that doesn't matter and we are forced to change things....my favorite is to still keep the team name "Chiefs" because that name came from the Mayor NOT Native American "Chief" and simply just change the Logo/Marketing from Native American theme to First Responders theme (Police/Fire/EMS/Military/Dispatch/RN..what ever) and be the "Chiefs" of the first responders.

Logo can be something like this:

Tulsa Fire Department replaces 'thin blue line' design on vehicles with ' symbol of unity' | KTUL

image.jpeg.798864b341e6869ca25fa861a566f5d3.jpeg

Just keep our colors and where Louisville Fire Department is put Kansas City Chiefs and then where it says Colorado put Missouri.....So people stop thinking we are in Kansas haha.

This could also make for some really cool Alternate Jerseys