Didn't take long...

2 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

I say that anyone who thinks the word "Chief" is offensive never spent a day in the military or in any type of uniform (PD, FD etc)

You might have to change your screen name! 😜

Seriously though, I can see the Redskins being offensive.

"Indians" honored the abundance of Indians that were defeated to settle the Northwest Territory ( Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois)

"Chiefs" we all know how that came about.... nothing to really do with the Native Americans.

19 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

"Indians" honored the abundance of Indians that were defeated to settle the Northwest Territory ( Ohio, Michigan, Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois)

"Chiefs" we all know how that came about.... nothing to really do with the Native Americans.

Then why do you say a name change is coming?

On 7/28/2021 at 7:03 PM, Handswarmer said:

KC Spraypaint??????

On 7/28/2021 at 1:12 PM, Balto said:

This has come up before and I still think "Chiefs" is much different than other sport native American names.  I also think Chiefs have done it the correct way and gained support from local and national Native American tribes.

BUT if all that doesn't matter and we are forced to change things....my favorite is to still keep the team name "Chiefs" because that name came from the Mayor NOT Native American "Chief" and simply just change the Logo/Marketing from Native American theme to First Responders theme (Police/Fire/EMS/Military/Dispatch/RN..what ever) and be the "Chiefs" of the first responders.

Logo can be something like this:

Tulsa Fire Department replaces 'thin blue line' design on vehicles with ' symbol of unity' | KTUL

image.jpeg.798864b341e6869ca25fa861a566f5d3.jpeg

Just keep our colors and where Louisville Fire Department is put Kansas City Chiefs and then where it says Colorado put Missouri.....So people stop thinking we are in Kansas haha.

This could also make for some really cool Alternate Jerseys 

Maybe I could do something like that, so that people will not think I live in Kansas. 🌻

10 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I'm going to have to find that series on streaming and marathon watch it.

I was just thinking that. Great minds...

also, was there ever a better sidekick than Larabee?

9C36FD3A-F375-409A-BDC3-DDEF54A42F6F.jpeg